Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BipolarGrowth

Going to the gym has been a great decision (25 day results)

13 posts in this topic

I’ve been following much of the general advice that is given on this YouTube channel. I think that Greg’s methods and advice are very beneficial for people who want to improve their physique. He mainly recommends intermittent fasting for the first 4-6 hours of the day, focusing on strength improvement in the key compound exercises, and eating in a caloric deficit. The advice is really easy to follow. I also think he has a point that most people are focusing too much on protein as a macronutrient as natural lifters. Having either carbs or fats too low can easily crash testosterone, especially while practicing a reduced caloric intake. Having high protein but low fat or carbs while also in a deficit will make dieting quite hard to follow as foods will not taste nearly as good, and your body will be craving those other macronutrients as you are not consuming enough for optimal functioning. He recommends 0.8g of protein per lb. of body weight as a general ceiling based on the results of some scientific studies.   Intermittent fasting allows for an easier time reaching a caloric deficit for me and many others. 

Starting to exercise again was a great decision. I used to really enjoy weightlifting when I was 16-17 years old. Getting back into it again has given my life a lot more balance than just focusing on spirituality/awakening all the time. I’ve got way more energy throughout the day even in a caloric deficit, and I am way more productive and driven than before I started lifting. 

This is the difference in my physique from May 2nd to May 27th. After photo is in the next post due to image file size constraints. 

6B806521-03A0-418C-A160-3D3E8FE651B6.jpeg

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

For 25 days you're looking great man, good fucking job. I bet you were already into healthy eating and living before your weightlifting journey.

You look shredded man. I don't think my body would give me half of that in that time period lol. 

Good job man!! You got more results than I had in months so you're clearly doing something right. You also already look like you're packing tons of muscle just based on your face(I think it may be your beard that gives you a bit of that strongman/viking vibe lol). What does your workouts look like, do you follow a plan or do it your own way?

Going to the gym and running are 2 things I love. It's therapy for me. The increase in energy baseline is so valuable. Good luck with the future gains :)

1 hour ago, Asayake said:

Good job man!! You got more results than I had in months so you're clearly doing something right. You also already look like you're packing tons of muscle just based on your face(I think it may be your beard that gives you a bit of that strongman/viking vibe lol). What does your workouts look like, do you follow a plan or do it your own way?

Going to the gym and running are 2 things I love. It's therapy for me. The increase in energy baseline is so valuable. Good luck with the future gains :)

This is what my workouts were this week. I update every set/rep each week with the goal to go up 5-10 lb. on every compound lift. 

“Track your lifts of you won’t stay on track.”

F0DA2A83-48D3-43B3-A3E2-A6FFBC1AE7AD.png

85CC5BD2-6F99-46D2-9558-CA1EBDBF1C11.png

86694BC1-8169-4E81-B69A-93D3B5F4E567.png

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 

4 hours ago, max duewel said:

For 25 days you're looking great man, good fucking job. I bet you were already into healthy eating and living before your weightlifting journey.

I was eating somewhat healthy, but not really. I just didn’t have much of an appetite naturally. Lifting and intermittent fasting has helped to give me a more normal appetite and fix stomach pain/nausea. 

Tracking macros and calories has shown me I was eating way worse than I would’ve thought  before. 

Looking good man, awesome to see. 

I've been tracking my gym progress over the last couple of months, comparing pictures and seeing my body growing overtime has been super fulfilling. 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

2 hours ago, Average Investor said:

You look shredded man. I don't think my body would give me half of that in that time period lol. 

To be fair, I looked like this at age 17, so I think that is what has helped the progress come so fast. 

F1119E27-E740-4590-86BC-BDE78167F5F0.jpeg

Just now, BipolarGrowth said:

To be fair, I looked like this at age 17, so I think that is what has helped the progress come so fast. 

Muscle memory is a huge thing.

Good job.

@BipolarGrowth

Thank you for sharing your workouts. I think I will have to start tracking my lifts as you said because that's something I haven't been doing properly which I think could make a big difference for me. Right now I just go at it but I am losing track of how many workouts I've done or what I've been doing before lol. I'm going to try some stuff of your program!