Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hardkill

Why are New Mexico and Nevada politically liberal?

6 posts in this topic

Nevada does have a very high urban population and New Mexico has a relatively high urban population per capita.

However, Nevada has a very low overall education per capita and New Mexico has a low overall education per capita. Plus, parts of each state are within the Mormon Corridor region of the country. New Mexico is actually more religious than most other US states and Nevada has a relatively big mormon population.

Utah, is of course the center of Mormonism, but as I said in my most previous thread it has one a highest urban populations per capita and is considered to have an definitely a higher overall level education than most other states in the country.

So, why have New Mexico and Nevada become mostly safe Blue states?

Nevada = Vegas. And Vegas folk are fun-loving and don't have a stick up their ass. Many of them are from Cali too.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

35 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Nevada = Vegas. And Vegas folk are fun-loving and don't have a stick up their ass. Many of them are from Cali too.

Okay, I thought that that was possibly the reason with Nevada.

But why did New Mexico become primarily Blue despite being ranked low in overall education per capita and having a higher religious population than those in most other states?

Nevada has one of the most liberal state constitutions as well. It's more liberal than the U S. Constitution. At least that's what my college history professor told us.

"Yes is the answer... And you know that! Fasho!

Yes is surrender! You gotta let it... you gotta let it GO!" - John Lennon, Mind Games

New Mexico is Hispanic majority, particularly Mexican. Mexican Americans tend to vote Democrat.