Preety_India

I'm gonna try LSD next week. What should I prepare for?

32 posts in this topic

Next week I'm going to be trying LSD. 

What things do I need to keep in mind before the trip? 

Should I start with 75 mcg? 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Can I play music during the tripping? 

2 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Should I start with 75 mcg? 

Make sure that you're in a safe place while you're doing it(preferably at your home or at a trustable friends place). Make sure you feel pretty good on the day you're tripping. Dedicate the entire day to the trip, preplan by stashing up on food and different things you could need during the trip and the following couple of days so that you can rest the days after the trip. Have 2 days free to rest after the trip, because sometimes tripping can be a bit intense and make you tired afterwards. Make sure to drink enough water during the trip, it will help you recover better afterwards and keep you hydrated which makes you feel better.

Follow your intuition during the trip as to what you want to do during the trip. You don't need to preplan the activies of the trip too much but you can just go with the flow. Maybe you'll find yourself wanting to watch some art online, then just go with the flow and try that out. Or you want to just lie down and think about life or feel your breath, then do that. Or you get an inclination to write a bit, then you can do that. Just don't do risky things like going out to the supermarket or something like this. Stay at a private place and do what you feel like doing at that specific time.

You could start with an even lower dose, like 20-40 mcg, especially if you're doing it alone and it's your first time doing it. A dose like that is not going to cause much visual hallucinations or the classic LSD trip but will still alter your experience in a more subtle way and give you a small hint for what a bigger dose could feel like. But 75 mcg or even 100 mcg can work first time alone as well for some people, it's just that you can't know how you'll react to it the first time you take it and the power of LSD should not be underestimated. It can be a very intense experience for many people at such a dose, so be prepared for that. Do you have experience with any other drugs?

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

Yes! This is one of my favorite things to do. It can be very beautiful.

Edited by Asayake

@Asayake thank you so much. 

Get your place cleaned and your room, or wherever you are at set up so that it looks fun and mystical!

Excited to hear your trip report!  Good luck!

lol, did I convince you?

75 might be a bit underwhelming, and would really need weed to bring the trip to life.

75 is an option if you have a lot of tabs and don't mind wasting one.

Sure.

Just don't do anything physically demanding, and don't commit to any difficult activity.

Make sure you have things you can watch during the trip.  Keep in mind that what you enjoy sober you might not enjoy while tripping.  And don't bother with anything that has a plot you need to follow.   I would suggest something like Samsara or Baraka or Yellow Submarine for the middle of the trip.  Stuff like that feels like it's made specifically for tripping.  I'd also recommend trying out new genres of music while tripping, and just looking at a variety of art.  It's all 100x better on acid.

Also make sure you don't need to do much cooking during the trip.

And what @Loba said is important too.  You kind of "become" your environment on acid.  And on a low dose you just feel the atmosphere more.

Last thing.. I hope you're not doing this out of peer pressure.  The majority of the people on this forum aren't ready for psychedelics.  Even most of the people here without BPD and emotional issues aren't ready for psychedelics.  If you wanna do this regardless, you have to be strong enough to go through hell, in case you get a bad trip.

Edited by thisintegrated

@thisintegrated but you said that lsd is all about love vibes. Now you are talking about hell? I'm confused. 

19 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@thisintegrated but you said that lsd is all about love vibes. Now you are talking about hell? I'm confused. 

It brings out whatever's within you.  The good and the bad.  You can guarantee the love by mixing acid with MDMA, but I'm not suggesting you do that.

If you have a lot of fear, all your defences for keeping that fear locked away will melt away, and you'll be confronted with everything full force.  This can be traumatic, but can also be a great opportunity for dealing with your problems.

If you can get past the fear, then all that's left is your raw and unfiltered love for the beauty of life.

Edited by thisintegrated

His advice is accurate, when I went through the fear of death - God and everyone who ever lived and ever was, was on the other side waiting for me.
I've done a small dose of LSD once as well and it was a lot of fun - my trip sitter and I watched Ren and Stimpy the whole time and I marveled at how the animators could create a novel expression within nearly every animation cell - truly that show is a work of genius as far as visual caricatures goes.

Here's a good song for self realization, it's very loving, and has a lot of subliminal images that you can use to interpret how you choose.  On psychs, things "line up", you will feel and experience more synchronicity. 

@Loba oh nice. I will collect some stuff to watch on that day. 

I would start with 100 ug. 75 might be just below the threshold.

I also recommend plugging instead of traditional approach ^_^ It's going to feel like 150-175 ug during a peak. However plugging makes trip shorter and smoother so it should feel much more comfortable.

Be prepared for the possibility of having a bad time. It's normal at first and nothing happens, it's ok. If that happens, face it with courage and thinking that everything will be for a greater good. if your traumas surface, you will suffer, but your traumas will definitely lose part of their power. Bad trips are very useful 

Edited by Breakingthewall

11 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@Breakingthewall @Username @thisintegrated

Is there mind racing on lsd?

Thought acceleration is common amongst humans under LSD's influence yes. In addition, it's likely to produce thought loops, especially following ego dissolution.

Also, I assume you've tested your acid to ensure it isn't a NBOMe or something else undesirable?

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

24 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@Breakingthewall @Username @thisintegrated

Is there mind racing on lsd?

Well just imagine slowly becoming God; slowly gaining God's ideas.  Would your mind race?  You'd be in awe, and you might get overexcited.

But does it matter?  There's always gonna be the possibility of a bad trip, and fast thoughts.  If you're not willing to take that risk, you shouldn't take acid.  if you are willing to take the risk, then stop worrying and accept that it's a possibility.  If you're worried about having a bad trip, you will.

btw.. if you do want to take acid, be sure to test it.  Or at least buy from a reputable vendor with a lot of positive, unique reviews.

Edited by thisintegrated

@Preety_India Everyone's brain is different. You should prepare yourself and your environment because it might be hard to deal with unexpected events.

Your mind will be no more logical and you will lack proper judgment. It's very easy to panic because of small things. When I was tripping for the first time I was scared that somebody will notice - I was worried that I will be called by my family and I will not be able to hold a reasonable conversation. If you have some experience it's very likely that no one will notice that you are tripping. I was tripping during wedding party and didn't feel weird about it at all.

Your logical mind isn't going to work. When I was cycling first time on LSD I was worried that I would be unable to fix a flat in case it happens. Normally it's obvious thing, but on LSD it's hard to keep track of what you are doing. You might be forgetful - like not locking doors in your apartment etc. Also using mobile phone might be a struggle.

Clean your room, prepare some food. It would be nice to have someone to talk to in case you are anxious.

It will raise your conciousness,

You will feel like all of reality was your imagination.

Dont be scared if you cannot control your typical line of toughts, just take in account that is temporal, it will take 10hrs+ to go away completely.

Watch the videos:

Life is a Dream, and

What is Reality? A radical explanation.

75ug is a perfect starting dose, dont take more than that, take in mind that you've been watching a lot of nondual content for years so your baseline of conciousness is way more up there than the average population, the psycodelics will feel much more stronger because you are more close to God-Realization.

LSD is a really long trip, so have good preparation to stay in an environment that supports both the length of the trip and your feelings of safety and comfort. This is not only space wise, but also people wise. Don't trip around people you don't feel safe or comfortable with. Regarding nutrition, my suggestion is to have water and fruit available. 

Be sure that you enter the trip in a good state of mind - that you are comfortable with being open and that there aren't things on your mind that can interrupt you along the duration of the trip. Don't trip if you are tired - physically or emotionally. 

Music can affect the trip to a great extent. You can try different music and see what fits the vibe, it is very subjective. Silence is also an option to consider.