Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Davius

How dangerous are shrooms for an emotionless thinker? (trauma, autism)

12 posts in this topic

Many years ago someone (who I believe to be an experienced tripper) told me that LSD opens your mind, Psilocybin your heart. I also read this online multiple times.

What he said about LSD I was able to verify for myself. On every trip I had, I couldn't stop thinking, everything seemed incredibly profound. 

The only other psychedelic I want to try at some point are mushrooms. Does it open your heart? (I know this is vague, but I'm sure you know what I mean.) If yes, how dangerous would that be for me? For example, I'm pretty much incapable of being empathetic. I'm not able to connect with others on an emotional level, I have to fake it. My father is also like that, very cold and distant.

Should I stay away from it altogether or am I going to be okay if I approach it carefully? I'm aware how difficult it is to give an answer to a stranger on the internet. LSD already humbled me to the point where I'm not going to do something unreasonable.

It is impossible to predict how mushrooms will affect a specific person. It really depends where your mind is at, what are your issues in life, what's going on in your sub-conscious. 

Yes, it is highly possible that they will open your emotional system and allow you to feel deep emotions and connection. But they can also affect many other aspects of experience - perception, intuition, self-esteem, body, and what not.

Your assumption that you are incapable of being empathetic and unable to connect to others emotionally is just false. You may repressed those functions because of trauma or other type of conditioning (and having a cold and distant father probably effect you), but they still exist in you. Mushrooms can help you why this is so, and to facilitate and help in the process of healing your emotional system.

No one can tell you whether to stay away from a substance or not. You have to be behind the wheel. Read trip reports about the substance and see what you feel. In my experience, Psilocybin mushrooms are amazing plant teacher. It is an amazing spirit which can teach you a lot if you use it carefully and wisely. It will show you in 4 hours what 100,000 hours of lectures/talks by spiritual teachers/gurus cannot. Most human teachers can only transmit concepts to you. Mushrooms will take over your mind and show you what's what. 

2 hours ago, Davius said:

The only other psychedelic I want to try at some point are mushrooms. Does it open your heart?

Yes they definitely can. And I am speaking from experience, also from what I have seen in others. But so can LSD. It too can open up the heart.
It just depends on what your intentions are going in with. But mushrooms tend to deliver the punch a bit ruthlessly, at times ;)

Set and setting is key here, for these types of trips. Put on some comfy clothes, prepare some fruity snacks, and a lot of water.
Put on some relaxing meditation music of your choice (preferably something that touches your heart) and just dive deep in to yourself.

If yes, how dangerous would that be for me? For example, I'm pretty much incapable of being empathetic. I'm not able to connect with others on an emotional level, I have to fake it. My father is also like that, very cold and distant.

It depends on how much you give in to it. How fearlessly you are willing to face everything that is no longer serving you as a being.

Inquire deep in to yourself:

• Do I want to be capable of being more emphatic towards myself and others?
  • Am I willing to stop telling this story about myself?
  • What do I have to give up about myself, to integrate this aspect of myself?
  • Am I ready to face myself? Am I ready for change?
  • What does it mean to open my heart? What am I missing here?
  • What am I running away from: By being cold, distant and not connecting with others, on an emotional level?
  • Is this just a programming I have received from people close to me?
  • Have I received the emotional connection from others, when I have been in a rough/tough situation? And what did it look like when someone connected to me deeply? What did I feel when I was seen?

The trip is just going to be there as a catalyst and a helping hand. You still have to take the necessary steps to go beyond your programs, lies, fears and illusions.

Maybe try to have someone trip sit for you, if you think it might go out of hand, and if you don't trust yourself. But the more you own it yourself, the better the transformation will be.

Edit: (Regarding autism: I have no first hand experience of this, but have been friends with a guy who has autism/asberger. And he absolutely hated taking psychedelics. He resisted the whole thing and it made him worse. Mostly because of his traumas.
So don't take my word on this matter, this is just from my experience and others who I have observed. Take everything that is said here, with a grain of salt.) I am no professional when it comes to autism/asberger + psychedelics.

Edited by Vincent S

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

It will feel like reffing your car engine at high speeds while standing still. 

In Tate we trust

2 hours ago, Batman said:

Your assumption that you are incapable of being empathetic and unable to connect to others emotionally is just false. You may repressed those functions because of trauma or other type of conditioning (and having a cold and distant father probably effect you), but they still exist in you.

@Batman

I appreciate you pointing that out. It's just where I am right now. I didn't mean that this is me forever. 

6 hours ago, Davius said:

@Batman

I appreciate you pointing that out. It's just where I am right now. I didn't mean that this is me forever. 

Okay, sorry. Thought you meant it as if you were born emotionally dysfunctional. BTW, I had many mushroom trips in which I felt emotions and states that I repressed for long time: joy, sadness, pain, crying, flawless flow, fear, shame, love, openness, deep connection and more. 

Psychedelics are like Pandora's Box. You can't know what's inside until you open it.

psilocybin could improve symptoms such as anxiety and cognition problems which are typical in ASD patients. Researchers hope that psilocybin could have even deeper effects than merely treating autism spectrum symptoms in fragile X syndrome

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Vincent S This is more than I was hoping to get out of my post, thanks!

19 hours ago, Vincent S said:

but have been friends with a guy who has autism/asberger. And he absolutely hated taking psychedelics.

Were there psychedelics he handled better than others? I wonder if being aware of trip durations for different substances and going for a shorter option benefited him mentally. 

@Vincent S This is more than I was hoping to get out of my post, thanks!

Were there psychedelics he handled better than others? I wonder if being aware of trip durations for different substances and going for a shorter option benefited him mentally. 

Anytime, friend ✨

He has been taking 2cb + weed for years. Also a lot of MDMA, about 300mg doses upon verge of throwing up. That is usually fine for him. But he kinda panicked on LSD (1-2 tabs), because he was shown his sides he has been running away from his whole life.

He just wants love. Which we all do. But he just doesn’t want to face the root of the problems. Which I can understand. I mean, we all have something we are hiding from, to be able to construct this reality. To some extent. Until we get tired of it, and switch things up, and head towards Truth.

I think it’s not really fair to box everyone in the same category, and say that we will definitely react this way, or that way, with psychedelics (contradicting myself) (paradox?) autism/asbergers or not. It’s going to be different, unique and individually themed for all of us.

I think you will be just fine. Mainly for the fact that you even mentioned wanting to open your heart, being more empathetic towards others, that shows a lot of signs of wanting to face Truth. Being genuine and being open to ponder and to inquire.

Either way, have a beautiful trip, if you decide to do it ????

Edited by Vincent S

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

All human's greatest fear.....is of themselves. The hardest 

1 hour ago, Vincent S said:

Anytime, friend ✨

He has been taking 2cb + weed for years. Also a lot of MDMA, about 300mg doses upon verge of throwing up. That is usually fine for him. But he kinda panicked on LSD (1-2 tabs), because he was shown his sides he has been running away from his whole life.

He just wants love. Which we all do. But he just doesn’t want to face the root of the problems. Which I can understand. I mean, we all have something we are hiding from, to be able to construct this reality. To some extent. Until we get tired of it, and switch things up, and head towards Truth.

I think it’s not really fair to box everyone in the same category, and say that we will definitely react this way, or that way, with psychedelics (contradicting myself) (paradox?) autism/asbergers or not. It’s going to be different, unique and individually themed for all of us.

I think you will be just fine. Mainly for the fact that you even mentioned wanting to open your heart, being more empathetic towards others, that shows a lot of signs of wanting to face Truth. Being genuine and being open to ponder and to inquire.

Either way, have a beautiful trip, if you decide to do it ????

For me personally the most unnerving aspect of psychedelics is the possible EGO DEATH you can experience. It is just such a divergent experience, you can go from feeling solid....to feeling formless or for some people they shapeshift in their trips. These loss of identity experiences can really shake your entire perspective. Not to the mention the visions you can experience depending on what is being brought out of you.

What every human is most afraid of is themselves....and our journey is to overcome that fear.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

I'm also the "cold distant thinker" and shrooms don't open your heart like that, at most you'll get a little emotional. But it's more along the lines of DMT i.e. Universe exploration, not inward into the ego.

When you're ready to explore why you're the way you are (hint: childhood trauma) do MDA "Sally", that will open you up and show you how feelers live their life full of emotions, it's crazy haha.

Dont do it in public spaces, i've had a bad trip on 3.5g of mushrooms and ended up beaten up by the police.