Revolutionary Think

Have Resentment and Disgust for my Mom for not respecting my soveriegnty.

28 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Vision said:

I recall @Yarco saying that being in Thailand is having life with cheat codes on. Yarco, what do you think about being there as a form of “semi-retirement” while one works on their business? 

For the right kind of person, I think I'm in favor of having your retirement in the middle of your life instead of at the end, if you can wing it.

When you turn 65 you've got all the money and time, but your body probably won't be in a position to do all the cool stuff you wanted to do in your 20s and 30s. Plus there's a good chance you'll die before you hit 65 and never get to enjoy retirement at all. So consider "retiring" now at the prime of your life and going back to work later.

I guess in a way I "retired" from the conventional workforce in 2017 and haven't done any significant work (less than part-time) since.

If you've saved up enough money to take a "life sabbatical" for a year where you travel and only work on your passion project for 10 hours a week, go for it. Just be aware of how it will set you back in other areas of life like home ownership. Personally I hate flying and don't care much about travel so I'd probably just want to save a bit longer until I can afford to buy a homestead that I'd be happy to spend the rest of my life on.

Rent or mortgage is probably the biggest expense for most people. Once you own a home that's totally paid off, you can "semi-retire" in the sense that your cost of living is probably only around $20k/year in lots of places.

7 hours ago, Hello from Russia said:

I recently had my own which is around $2-3k as a baseline and $5k as ideal

Are you talking about monthly?

6 hours ago, Vision said:

not just yet though since I’m under 18.

Oh wow. When I was under 18 I always dreamed of striking it out on my own. I'm in my late 20's now. The problem was the 08 recession hit right as I was in College and job opportunities were scarce. Now after the pandemic it's a whole new ball game. If you're under 18 you have to find a way of making peace with them. Has your school ever taught you anything about business or finance because my stupid fancy schmancy Beverly Hills school never did. I did really well in school and college but, it never translated into monetary gain. The US education system is a disgusting joke. 

hahaha my moms similar. she doesn't get it when i try to explain it to her either. 

immigrant parents L 

Edited by Jacob Morres

@Revolutionary Think Buy her some flowers, and cook her a nice meal. She'll open up then. Trust me:x She's your mom, she earned it.

Edited by BuddhistLover

"Reality is a Love Simulator"-Leo Gura

On 25/05/2022 at 8:28 PM, Vision said:

I will come back to this post 3 months from now to ask you whether the relationship improved or if it just went back to the same old relationship.

And here I am. 

So, has it improved?

On 26/05/2022 at 4:40 AM, Revolutionary Think said:

The problem was the 08 recession hit right as I was in College and job opportunities were scarce

That’s unfortunate. What were you studying in college? And what are you currently doing?

On 26/05/2022 at 4:40 AM, Revolutionary Think said:

Has your school ever taught you anything about business or finance because my stupid fancy schmancy Beverly Hills school never did.

Nope. Just some basic economics and accounting knowledge that aren’t really practical unless you want to be an economist or an accountant. Doesn’t help with running a business or managing money, at all really.

Do any schools even teach such things? As far as I know, most schools are indoctrination camps.

Everything I’ve learned that I’d consider true learning came from being autodidactic, not from traditional school. 

On 8/28/2022 at 5:15 AM, Vision said:

So, has it improved?

It just keeps going back and forth.