JKG

Personal Development Mastery Is "easier" Than Other Domains Of Mastery

5 posts in this topic

I've had this thought in mind ever since thinking about the idea of life purpose.

It is much "easier" to build a career/business/life purpose/domain of mastery around a personal development subject than around any other topic science or engineering. (by personal development I here mean anything that will contribute to your inner growth like reading, meditating, shadow work)

But what do I mean by easier? By "easier" I mean that you have more time. When one pursues mastery in science, one "has" to do certain things throughout the day. I guess optimally it would be about physical vitality (eating good food, working out...), the career/mastery (in this case studying science or working), and personal development (meditation, education, shadow work...).
But the other one who pursues mastery in a personal development domain (like Leo, Gurus or personal development teachers) can combine the aspect of career/mastery with their own personal development work. They don't have to work on their domain of mastery and on their personal development separately. Their domain of mastery is in a way personal development. From doing personal development they don't just work on their own life but also on their career. They don't have to split up their time and therefore can faster develop their mastery and own life.

What do you thing about this?

It is hard to talk about advantages here between PD career and a scientist or an engineer because you cannot account for all the factors and make a general conclusion.

And by the way, who says an Engineer or scientist has to do PD-work on the side in the first place? What if they have never heard of personal development and all their time goes into their domain of mastery? You do not really account for that possibility in your post. Then, they would really have an equal amount of time to Master their fields as Leo or some PD-guru. I bet 99% of people have never even heard what PD is and do not care to study it one bit. 

1 hour ago, Christian said:

It is hard to talk about advantages here between PD career and a scientist or an engineer because you cannot account for all the factors and make a general conclusion.

And by the way, who says an Engineer or scientist has to do PD-work on the side in the first place? What if they have never heard of personal development and all their time goes into their domain of mastery? You do not really account for that possibility in your post. Then, they would really have an equal amount of time to Master their fields as Leo or some PD-guru. I bet 99% of people have never even heard what PD is and do not care to study it one bit. 

I forgot to mention that I talk about people who are also into self-actualization stuff (like the people on this forum) and want to do personal development and improve their lives.

I am just currently thinking about my life purpose. When I think about a personal development life purpose I like the idea because I can spend a lot of time working on myself, meditating and so on, which I really like. But when think of the engineer life purpose there is this problem that now I have to split up the time. I have many different things to do throughout the day. When I want to also implement for example programming I have much less time for other stuff.

(I know that I shouldn't decide for a life purpose because of time management. It is just a thought.)

@quantum Though Peter Ralston for example as he was getting better in PD he got way better in Judo and both of these things were helping each other. I was also thinking about this since science seems to be further away from PD then Judo but I have this nagging feeling that maybe if one gets good in science then she/he can connect these things.. I dunno how but if it is possible than it is necessary.

When it rains, it pours like hell.
-Insomnium

My blog: dragallur.wordpress.com

A) You should not be concerned with what's easy or hard, but with what's authentic to your values and passions.

B) Every career has its unique career perks and downsides.

C) A lot of the stuff I do for this career is unrelated to my personal growth and actually slows me down. You never see what goes on behind the scenes.

D) Yes, there is a nice synergy between teaching and learning. When you teach, you learn the material much deeper. Strategic thinking is a good thing. If you want to master meditation, for example, it would be smart to become a meditation teacher.

That's why the whole point here is to take the ONE THING you love the most, and turn that into your career. Then you've literally got nothing better to do. Every hour of your life you're doing the thing you love the most!

Wouldn't that be a thing worth architecting?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.