Insightful27

Life Purpose or Enlightenment?

19 posts in this topic

I'm 17, finishing high school and planning out the next stage of my life. I recently bought the LP course, but then began wondering what would be more advantageous

a) Finish LP course and spend the next years developing my career/business

b) Put all my focus into self-inquiry, introspective and enlightenment 

I have been back and forth. I'm understand that in the end I will need to make the decision for myself, I am simply looking to get new perspectives from others who might have gone through this before. 

Not linear, do both 

But, personally I think when you're young you should experience life as much as possible, not saying don't focus on practices and what not, but don't neglect other areas of life 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Keep enlightenment work and life purpose separate 

Don't mix

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

2 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Keep enlightenment work and life purpose separate 

Don't mix

Which do you think would be better in this situation?

Just now, Insightful27 said:

Which do you think would be better in this situation?

There is no better and or.

First finish life purpose course. Set up a career. 

When you are 22, then start enlightenment. 

I finished my career at 22.

Now I'm focused on spirituality. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Transcendence_Hierarchy.thumb.png.5b59dfb226ff0139af5c9cae837b9ab9.png

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Insightful27 Depends on how strongly you want to become enlightened. 

Can't you live without it? Then you are a hardcore seeker and can put all effort into enlightenment first, to the extend normal life allows it.

But for most seekers, I think focusing primarily on LP first and doing enlightenment alongside might be better.

Maybe this post helps to reconcile enlightenment with human life in general. 

9 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

But for most seekers, I think focusing primarily on LP first and doing enlightenment alongside might be better.

Maybe this post helps to reconcile enlightenment with human life in general. 

This was my thought process as well. However, I also thought it wise to first awaken to what I truly want to create before starting a career? The post you mentioned was helpful.

1 hour ago, Insightful27 said:

I'm 17, finishing high school and planning out the next stage of my life. I recently bought the LP course, but then began wondering what would be more advantageous

a) Finish LP course and spend the next years developing my career/business

b) Put all my focus into self-inquiry, introspective and enlightenment 

I have been back and forth. I'm understand that in the end I will need to make the decision for myself, I am simply looking to get new perspectives from others who might have gone through this before. 

Unless you genuinely want the truth and nothing else go for b otherwise do a but have a meditation practice for the benefits of having a meditation practice... imo

In my experience, I wish I would’ve started life purpose along side enlightenment.

1 minute ago, mw711 said:

In my experience, I wish I would’ve started life purpose along side enlightenment.

You believe they can be done it tandem?

14 minutes ago, Insightful27 said:

This was my thought process as well. However, I also thought it wise to first awaken to what I truly want to create before starting a career? The post you mentioned was helpful.

I think awakening helps only to a relatively small extend to find out what's the best career for you.

If right now your number one goal is to discover your career, then I think it might be better to do things that have a more direct and bigger impact on discovering that.

Like taking Leo's LP course. And contemplating about that all the time (rather than inquiring about the "I").

If you've done everything imaginable to discover your LP, and still now clue, then rather than doing any random career, you could do some enlightenment work, and once you've got some idea about a potential career, shift your focus to that.

Angelic Magick can help to find your LP.

@Insightful27 

Don't make it a black and white thing. Everything is interconnected in some way. You're like saying should I do something and be mindless or should I be mindful and do nothing. What you listed above, in my opinion aren't so separate. Pick the ones that you can handle. Some things will require all of your energy and others maybe the half of it. Try it out and eventually you will know what to do and how much time you should spend on it. But, also, expect that all of your previous opinions on it might change overtime.

Embrace not-knowing.

On 5/24/2022 at 0:46 PM, Carl-Richard said:

Transcendence_Hierarchy.thumb.png.5b59dfb226ff0139af5c9cae837b9ab9.png

There wasn't any context provided with this graphic, but I'm assuming the thought process behind it is the same as what I'm thinking....

I would always focus on getting the menial and lower tasks of life figured out first. If you're stressed about money and basic things, it'll be harder for you to work on spiritual things in the long run.

At 17, you can work on your life purpose for the next 8 years and you'll still only be 25. That's like 50+ good years left to work on spirituality.  Your energy will go down every year so in my opinion it's better to grind while you're young and still can.

You MAY find that your life purpose aligns with self-inquiry, introspection, and enlightenment. In which case you have the best of both worlds. But otherwise I would get your material needs sorted out first.

@Yarco Many young people think enlightenment is about them. They're trying to shoehorn it into their desire to be someone, or to feel safe; lower level desires in disguise. So they will either get stuck in that game of spiritual ego and spiritual bypassing, or they will have to backtrack and re-establish that foundation which they deeply desire.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Adyashanti spent his twenties chasing enlightenment while working as a bicycle mechanic. When he reached his thirties, he thought, "This enlightenment thing is not happening, and I still have a life to live." So that's not an approach that I would recommend. You will not get anything out of enlightenment. Spend your twenties focusing on becoming so good they can't ignore you. Develop skills and become valuable. Valuable people get paid money. Once you have the money, once you've established yourself, you will naturally get interested in higher things, and you'll be at a place where you have the opportunity to pursue those things. Consider the possibility that working on your career might be the most spiritual thing that you can do right now, even though it doesn't look spiritual. There is no difference between spirituality and life. Live your life. I have the LP course too; it's a great course, get as much out of it as possible. Buy the book list too, if you haven't already, and read the books in the success section.

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

They're trying to shoehorn it into their desire to be someone, or to feel safe; lower level desires in disguise.

I've never thought about it like that before....

2 hours ago, Yarco said:

You MAY find that your life purpose aligns with self-inquiry, introspection, and enlightenment. In which case you have the best of both worlds. But otherwise I would get your material needs sorted out first.

If that were to be my life purpose, wouldn't I still need to find a way to monetize/ make a career out of it? Because then my LP would be antithetical with survival.

On 28/05/2022 at 3:32 AM, Yarco said:

You MAY find that your life purpose aligns with self-inquiry, introspection, and enlightenment. In which case you have the best of both worlds.

What are examples of such life purposes?