Fadious

Is it possible to re-experience child-like joy and wonder?

16 posts in this topic

I have yet to meet anyone who managed to revive the magical joy of being a child, the passionate thirst for living, and the boundless sense of amazement, curiosity, and infatuation with life.

Is it even possible? Is living that experience vicariously through children the only way? Why did we even lose this "magic" as we grew up?

Psychedelics

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Traveling, seeing/doing new things. I think that’s why children have that liveliness. Everything’s still new. 

Lol, just go ahead and re-experience it here right now, It's not Rocket Science and you don't need psychedelics

I am living proof of this. I have reignited the awe, wonder and joy in life, even in a blade of grass.

Edit: I think the reason we disconnect from this (I don't believe it is ever gone) is through conditioning of social and cultural norms, and how one manages the pressures that arise as we become more responsible for ourselves (job/house etc) and others (children/elderly parents) etc). 

Edit: also how we deal with trauma from both the present and as a child. 

Edited by Charlotte

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Psychedelics

Lol I literally was about to say this. The other way is reaching God Consciousness, Christ Consciousness or what is called "samadhi." The truth is this is actually our natural state which was ripped from us when we were "schooled."

But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein."

Basically if you lose your child-like wonder....you are not enlightened. This ties into, the more child-like you are in your ability to see the newness of things...the wiser you are. The child-like perspective is the most creative....because it is not bogged down with education (which is a forced way of viewing something.)

Osho talked about this before: https://www.osho.com/osho-online-library/osho-talks/man-intelligence-unintelligence-1015a7e4-852?p=c99af64f497f93ed45aa1dbab8df8a63

Research says that education kills creativity. You are at your most creative when you are a kid.  https://sites.psu.edu/aspsy/2019/03/25/does-our-education-system-kill-creativity/#:~:text=Schools can diminish creativity by,and not a core subject. By the time you hit adulthood you now have to examine every held belief and restructure your beliefs....to become intelligent.

I have stated in the past that when you fix one problem...you create a new problem. Technology makes you weaker. If you use a calculator too much your ability to conduct math diminishes. If you drive everywhere and do not force yourself to exercise.....your legs become weaker. As we have improved wireless and internet communications... reports of people being "lonely." Has increased. Think about it....you increase the ability of people to connect....and it DECREASES people's ability to connect. The problem with technology....is it attempts to fix IMAGINARY problems....and as a result creates NEW problems that NEVER existed before. 

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

@Fadious Being the child is already here and available for you. It's just another mode of being.

Make it a daily play. Focus on the novelty of the present. Feel into life. Notice everything and go into the natural amazement of life. Feel grateful for every moment. Feel happy to be here & to experience this. Care for your inner child, and natural happiness & amazement will arise & radiate from your heart.

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

When you do not want anything and are 100% available to the present moment the child-like joy reappears.:

48:00 - 60:00   - Here there was a really cute moment of a older women feeling like a child again on 52:00:

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

Yes, mushrooms will quickly do this for you.

Thank you everyone for the input. I'm happy to say that I managed to truly experience what all of you described.

I am overjoyed to share that I have successfully re-experienced the state of child-like wonder and then some.
I did a 15g dose of magic truffles for the first time a couple of days ago, and it was exactly what I was looking for.

The experience is impossible to put into words, so I will try to be as brief as possible.

First of all, I felt an immense sense of presence, of being in the moment to the fullest degree. I noticed the tiniest details about everything around me. Every moment was perfect, everything was equally beautiful, and I didn't want anything to change, in fact I didn't desire or need anything, or better put, I noticed how the "higher" me didn't need or desire anything, but the "vessel" me has its survival needs. I was aware that I am not the body, yet I knew to respect it and care deeply for it. 

I also developed a profound understanding of boredom. I realized that it's impossible to feel bored if you are fully mindful and present in the moment. Because essentially boredom is wanting the present moment to change, or to be different.

I also had so many insights, felt like I was operating from a higher level of consciousness, had meta-awareness to my egotistical biases, and was able to contemplate effortlessly.

What an astoundingly powerful tool. Now I understand what Leo is raving on about when he's talking about psychedelics.

Now I notice that I'm much more present in my day-to-day life. I feel intensely grounded and mindful.

What a true blessing and a gift.

I've done it without psychedelics by pretty mundane means.

Once while tobogganing. Someone with me said it was the first time they've seen me really smile.

A couple of times in nature, especially around waterfalls or water.

Once as a teen when I stayed home alone while the rest of my family went camping. Around day 4 I just had an urge to go stand in the grass with bare feet and felt something probably like what samahdi is.

I think a key is to not be around people, or only around people you feel you can truly be yourself with at least. To reach the childlike state you need to let go of all self esteem issues, feelings of judgement, or wondering what people are thinking of you.

You can actually evoke nostalgia. As in, it does not have to come to you like Deja-Vu. 

Have a heart to heart with your inner-child and ask them what gives them the most joy, exuberance, and exhilaration. Reflect on the things you enjoyed most as a child.

For example, what was your favorite story, film, or song? Perhaps consider tuning into your favorite childhood song or watching your favorite childhood cartoon. Music is a powerful tool for unlocking nostalgia and evoking memories and feelings of nostalgia such as wonder and joy. ??

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

4 hours ago, Yarco said:

I think a key is to not be around people, or only around people you feel you can truly be yourself with at least. To reach the childlike state you need to let go of all self esteem issues, feelings of judgement, or wondering what people are thinking of you.

It's interesting you would say that. During my trip I had moments where I was smiling widely, and I was aware of some resistance, something in me was saying "don't smile like an idiot, you'll look like a baked drug junky". But since I was fully aware, I was able to let go of that limitation and started smiling freely without worrying what others around me think of it.

4 hours ago, VioletFlame said:

Have a heart to heart with your inner-child and ask them what gives them the most joy, exuberance, and exhilaration. Reflect on the things you enjoyed most as a child.

I think that's an all around solid tip. I do struggle with doing the things that I genuinely enjoy, and tend to get dragged into doing things that other people enjoy instead. But I'm getting better at recognizing what brings me authentic enjoyment.

On 5/24/2022 at 5:52 PM, Fadious said:

I have yet to meet anyone who managed to revive the magical joy of being a child, the passionate thirst for living, and the boundless sense of amazement, curiosity, and infatuation with life.

Is it even possible? Is living that experience vicariously through children the only way? Why did we even lose this "magic" as we grew up?

I have had this experience of unexplainable awe and wonder at simple things (like the sound of leaves rustling, seeing and hearing birds, etc.) when my mind gets quiet and I'm very mindful of what is happening around.