Someone here

What's the ultimate human potential?

28 posts in this topic

Is human potential really limitless? 

Can we travel through space and visit another galaxies and maybe find aliens or intelligent creatures out there ?

I'm sorry, I don't really know much about it, but here is what I think.

I think humans can be limitless if they believe they are.

There was a moment when we thought chatting with people far away is a joke. Now we all got phones.

There was a moment when we thought flying is against the Laws of gravity. Now we can ride on an airplane.

I don't think it is a good idea to say science researches are untrue. The tricky thing is, they might have missed out some possibilities.

In the days when the Laws of gravity was published, saying that people can fly would be ridiculous. Have people in those days consider that planes can be made?

Science is indeed subjected to change, which already can change human limits.

I think the thing that greatly limits people is the lack of faith.

Since God is limitless and so he could make us limitless, we could be limitless! I believe if that's God's will and we believe that God is on our side, we are limitless. I guess this is part of what we called 'faith'.

Even if you don't talk about it religiously, believing that we are limitless might make us limitless. 

I guess this is what people call is faith. Faith that we know we can make it. This perhaps gives us a chance to be limitless.

apollo11_main.jpg

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

49 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Can we travel through space and visit another galaxies and maybe find aliens or intelligent creatures out there ?

Yes. But we’ve got some growing to do before then.

Many people are grappling with even viewing themselves as a world citizen, let alone a cosmic citizen.

We will have to unify as a human race on Earth before we further explore and expand our identity.

Well I m sure you know by now if u follow Leos work that every form is by definition limited so if we wanna be truthful we as a form what ever that might be in future wont be limitless but we will certainly be more technologically advanced and hopefully more Importantly developed in consciousness hehe

So yeah.. Future humans will look at us as we look at people from Middle Ages.. At least in terms of technology.

Edited by DecemberFlower

Perhaps to merge with the singularity & infinite God-consciousness as close as it can get to (if one still wants to maintain its human form).

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

I think The greatest limit in the human potential is introduced early during childhood by caregivers. Too many of us, as parents introduce fear, obedience, judgment, negativity, and caps on potential success and dreams because we are more concerned with moulding our children into the societal norms. We rush and damage our children emotionally by our expectations that they achieve standard milestones on schedule and don’t allow them develop their own path. As parents, we don’t spend enough time, energy and thought about understanding what it takes to balance giving appropriate guidance and allowing enough freedom to allow our children to be their best selves. Each child/person is different and should be raised to meet his or her potential on their own schedule. Telling people that they can be anything they want in life is confusing, or useless at best, if they are not allowed to be themselves, don’t receive validation (love) and can’t voice their dreams in their own childhood homes.

-Osho

To realize you ain't human ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 hours ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

Humanity as a whole, ought to do it's best to maximize it's chance for becomming space traveling civilization, however, there's always an element of luck at play, and we never know if we'll be able to handle what God throws at us. Maybe, we'll successfully solve climate change crisis, overpopulation, polution, wars, find a revolutionary way of governing ourselves, find a new effective way of managing our economy, upgrade ourselves with nanobots and robotic parts, unite the entire planet into a peacefull confederation of states that always work together - but then, an unpredictible and unavoidable catastrophy would suddenly hit us, and wipe us all out. Or not.

God is infinite, meaning there are infinite posibilities of how this dream can play out.

Interesting.

The short answer to what is limiting our potential is that our own beliefs about ourselves and the world are the major limiting factor.

There’s an old saying that is true: argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they’re yours.

Of course the world does impose certain physical limitations. You can’t defy the laws of Nature. But you can use human ingenuity to find a way. For example, humans aren’t equipped to fly unaided, so we invented flying machines.

-Osho

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

To realize you ain't human ;)

Yup .to unlock our full potential is to realize our potential is infinite since we are God himself.

I hate to sound all philosophical and whatnot, but the only thing that limits us is our imaginations. If you can’t imagine it, you can’t create it, you can’t test it, you can’t find the limits.

This applies to all manners of science. Questions are necessary before you can test. What if’s determine what processes take place. You have to ask how or why before you can determine if. You have to ask if before you can ask what else.

This also applies to progress. If we want to move forward, to make changes, we need idea people to imagine the possibilities. We have to have ideas before we can implement them. We have to look at history to tell us what works and what doesn’t, so we can try to improve our future.

-Osho

10 hours ago, DecemberFlower said:

Well I m sure you know by now if u follow Leos work that every form is by definition limited so if we wanna be truthful we as a form what ever that might be in future wont be limitless but we will certainly be more technologically advanced and hopefully more Importantly developed in consciousness hehe

So yeah.. Future humans will look at us as we look at people from Middle Ages.. At least in terms of technology.

Yes our potential is REALLY BIG!!!!
lt always went something like that:
Humans: fuck you birds, why can you fly and we can't?
*years later... humans are now able to make a hunk of metal fly faster than the speed of sound
Humans: fuck you fireflies, why do you have light and we don't?
*years later... humans now have electricity, the internet, and the laptop I'm writing this answer on right now
Humans: fuck you whales, how do you dive so deep?
*years later... humans built the Trieste and have descended to the deepest part of the ocean, deeper than any mammal has gone before.
Humans: fuck  you imaginary aliens, how can you get to the moon and explore the universe?
*years later... humans set foot on the moon, launched probes past our solar system and have achieved basic knowledge in the universe we live in.
Humans: fuck you bees, how can you sting us? that's just not nice
*years later... humans develop guns, and weapons of mass destruction. We are now the most efficient killing machine on the planet .
Humans: fuck you plants how can you make your own food?
*years later... humans perfect genetic engineering and has now guaranteed food security, as of current no one has to die from starvation (but they do because OF THE MOTHER TRUCKING GOVERMENTS!!)

Human potential is nearly unlimited... its only a matter of time ⏲ 

-Osho

12 hours ago, aurum said:

Yes. But we’ve got some growing to do before then.

Many people are grappling with even viewing themselves as a world citizen, let alone a cosmic citizen.

We will have to unify as a human race on Earth before we further explore and expand our identity.

I agree. It's gonna take time and effort. But nothing is outlandish enough.  

Scientists say there are billions of galaxies in our universe.  That's like billions and trillions of planets .  There definitely are forms of life out there . We can't be alone in this vast infinite universe. 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

6 hours ago, puporing said:

Perhaps to merge with the singularity & infinite God-consciousness as close as it can get to (if one still wants to maintain its human form).

That's one of my favourite Leo's videos. 

But he is basically talking about annihilation.  I don't think merging with pure formlessness is considered an achievement.  What I mean by human potential is something constructive not destructive. 

-Osho

40 minutes ago, Someone here said:

something constructive not destructive.

You're missing the point.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

28 minutes ago, puporing said:

You're missing the point.

What point ?

I watched that video several times .he talks about becoming more conscious and more loving and more selfless and that moves us closer to the godhead/singularity/formlessness.   

But what I'm interested in here is discovery and building  miraculous achievements for mankind that can't we even imagine in our era ,just like how we invented all the technology we are using today and we could not believe its possible even 100 years ago .

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

Infinite intimacy with another human. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

6 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Infinite intimacy with another human. 

That's a reasonable goal and it's indeed the objective of many people.  But it's in the very base of  Maslow's hierarchy of needs. So there is definitely something higher .

To me it's Only when one realizes he is a function of the boundless, infinite and deathless.

-Osho

@Someone here Nothing wrong with those things, it's all love. I am just answering your question of "What's the ultimate human potential?" with my answer, for you specifically. But follow what you're interested in.

@Someone here Lmao if you consider intimacy as base. 

Intimacy needs the highest form of love for it to be palpable. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

9 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@Someone here Lmao if you consider intimacy as base. 

Intimacy needs the highest form of love for it to be palpable. 

First of all that's according to Maslow's hierarchy of needs. So I didn't pull it out of my ass .according to that model ,intimacy is a basic need like food ,water and shelter etc.  But I guess when one is sexually suppressed then romance and intimacy becomes its highest aim. Its relative and differ from one human to another. 

But there is stuff like connecting with god or your higher self and discovering completely new fields that take mankind to more and more advancement. That I would consider at the highest of the pyramid. 

-Osho

10 minutes ago, Someone here said:

But there is stuff like connecting with god

There's one more... intimacy with "other god(s)". 

3 minutes ago, puporing said:

There's one more... intimacy with "other god(s)". 

But in order to do that you must use construction. Which is the opposite of moving to annihilation and merging with the singularity like what Leo suggested in the video you linked.

Humans possess the Free Will to make conscious or unconscious decisions.

The use of this ability can have positive, negative and every gradation of outcomes in between for the individual and those around or connected him/her.

It can lead to us fulfilling our potential in this Lifetime, or to limiting that same potential.

-Osho