Ook

Why wireless, free electricity still isn't a thing?

6 posts in this topic

What if electricity became free and available for everyone? Is it possible? What kind of world would it be if it becomes a reality?

I have no idea if this is legit, but I'll leave it here:

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

6 hours ago, Arthogaan said:

I have no idea if this is legit, but I'll leave it here:

I went down the free energy rabbit hole once and I never found one that was legit. 

They might be able to give the illusion that they're producing free energy for a bit. But eventually gravity, friction, or some force will act on them and they can't keep going forever. They are basically just really complicated fidget spinners.

I actually had an idea on my walk today though.... why can't we take water and separate out hydrogen + oxygen, use the hydrogen as fuel to run the machine to produce oxygen? You should be able to basically make an apparatus that would allow you to SCUBA dive infinitely without a refill with this if you could make it small enough to carry. Or you could have a deepsea underwater base that produces all of its own oxygen and fuel from water.

18 minutes ago, Yarco said:

why can't we take water and separate out hydrogen + oxygen

That would require electrolysis, and a power source for the electricity. You'll never get out more energy in the hydrogen than you put into it by separating it out - a big part of the energy would go into the oxygen too.

But scuba gear using electrolysis isn't such a bad idea. I bet the battery packs would weigh more than gas cylinders though. You'd have to vent the hydrogen into the water. Also the water wouldn't be pure so other gases would also get produced - probably poisonous.

All stories and explanations are false.

It can't be unless you create your own electricity by solar panels, etc, someone has to pay the energy

@Arthogaan Interesting!

19 hours ago, Yarco said:

I actually had an idea on my walk today though.... why can't we take water and separate out hydrogen + oxygen, use the hydrogen as fuel to run the machine to produce oxygen? You should be able to basically make an apparatus that would allow you to SCUBA dive infinitely without a refill with this if you could make it small enough to carry. Or you could have a deepsea underwater base that produces all of its own oxygen and fuel from water.

That's a cool idea though