egoeimai

Should I limit bread or sugar?

Should I remove bread or sugar from my diet?   21 members have voted

1. 1. Should I remove...from my diet?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 posts in this topic

I consider bread as sugar, since it will be converted to sugar in your body. Sugar is found in lots of places. Assuming you mean refined sugar, then I would definitely cut that out and replace it with more complex and stable forms of sugar, which could potentially be bread, but refined sugar could never fit that criteria, so bread is definitely the lesser of two evils, so to speak.

Also, if you're going to increase or limit bread and refined sugar now, it's a good idea to keep conscious of how much that increases your carbohydrate intake. Even if the bread is healthier, let's hope you don't start eating copious amounts of bread to make up for the loss of refined sugar, that could end up being less healthy.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

Why? Intention behind it? Beliefs behind these food groups? ?

What does "sugar" mean to you? 

And what sort of "bread" would you be eliminating? 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Elton babyyy nooo not both. I'm just gonna have to start with one of them.

@Osaid i I meant refined sugar, I didn't mention it. 

@Charlotte hey girllll how have you been? Oh I'm just trying to achieve a level of healthy diet, pure, nutritious and amazing. I removed sodium for health reasons, so I've been wanting to eliminate a source of calories bc I have to lose weight for health reasons. Besides that, I'm not a fan of sugar anyways, even though I know it's everywhere like sodium so yeah. It's not natural to consume refined sugar. We were not born with these needs.

@Michael569 the only sort of excessive amount of sugar I consume is in ice tea so yeah. For example I rarely drink frizzy drinks or eat chocolate. From the other hand, bread is empty calories without nutrition so I guess both I dont need.

Really bad question, tbh.

White bread is a simple carbohydrate, just like sugar.  They're basically the same thing.

Just switch to artificial sweeteners and wholegrain bread if you care about health.  This way you don't have to limit anything.

Edited by thisintegrated

@egoeimai hey you! Great to see you around here. I have been so busy with my first year at university. Some relaxing time now over the summer. Time to integrate and recalibrate :)

Sugar and breads.... Instead of obtaining informatio from here, maybe you could eat what you want and don't want just by how you feel? I don't mean superficially feel either, I mean in alignment with what your body wants on the deeper level. Obviously this is assuming you know how to listen however. ?

16 hours ago, thisintegrated said:

Really bad question, tbh

why would it be a bad question.... Not everyone is versed in nutrition and difference in the composition of carbohydrates. I think it's actually a perfectly legit question that a lot of people are not clear on. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

8 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

why would it be a bad question.... Not everyone is versed in nutrition and difference in the composition of carbohydrates. I think it's actually a perfectly legit question that a lot of people are not clear on. 

Because there exists no answer to "Should I limit bread or sugar?" other than "it depends".  That's why it's a bad question.  It has no answer.  It also suggests that somehow sugar is an alternative to bread.. so clearly there's a fault in the logic somewhere.

It's as weird as asking "should I eat less meat?" there is no answer.  For some people the answer will be yes, for others no.

A good question would be "I eat 10kg of white bread per day, should I eat less?", or "I'm allergic to gluten, should I eat less gluten-bread?", etc.

Edited by thisintegrated

@thisintegrated in reference to what you said above are you saying the question is badly formulated? Other than a 'bad' question? Because saying something is 'bad' is just as a vague statement as the original post you're critiquing? ?

Edited by Charlotte

1 minute ago, Charlotte said:

@thisintegrated in reference to what you said above are you saying the question is badly formulated? Other than a 'bad' question? Because saying something is 'bad' is just as a vague statement as the original post you're critiquing? ?

Both.  OP wanted you to say "limit bread, but not sugar", or the opposite.  Both of which would be bad answers.  If it's impossible to give a good answer, then the question is bad.

The question also assumes there's some connection between bread and sugar, and also assumes it must be one or the other, and also assumes that they're both inherently bad.  Anyone answering has to either give a bad answer, like OP expects, or has to write a long paragraph deconstructing OP's random assumptions.  So "bad question".

6 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

OP wanted you to say "limit bread, but not sugar", or the opposite.

How do you know this? 

6 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

If it's impossible to give a good answer, then the question is bad

So if you can't provide a good answer then the question is bad? 

7 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

The question also assumes there's some connection between bread and sugar

Where is this assumption? 

assumes it must be one or the other

Why? Where? 

also assumes that they're both inherently bad

Again, where? 

8 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

Anyone answering has to either give a bad answer, like OP expects

How do you know this? 

No offense, but all I see here is a conclusion you derived from a bunch of assumptions.

1 hour ago, Charlotte said:

How do you know this? 

That was the title question.  OP left no room for interpretation.

1 hour ago, Charlotte said:

So if you can't provide a good answer then the question is bad? 

It's not that we're too incompetent to give an answer, but that it's a theoretical impossibility.  An answer can only be as good as the question, generally.

6 hours ago, egoeimai said:

I will definitely do it!!! It's not that hard. We can do this!!!

It's really not, when you have honey and sugar alcohols. Only other way to get refined sugar is like if you're eating junk food everyday or something

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho