BenG

Why am I in this body and not a different body??

75 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Roy said:

Yeah, I don't know what awakening is. I'm just a low consciousness idiot, I don't even meditate.

You're closer than most ?

It's so close that it's already the case! 

& It's not a gaining of spiritual knowledge or something that's attained or figured out.

It's a loss or collapse of an experiencer that wasn't real from the start. An unhappening.

Its more like a realization or recognition that has physical/mental after effects.

You were right, there is no answer and nothing is hidden by a veil. There is just simply what is happening, or what is. It could be said that the veil is this "sense of self" attempting to figure things out or fix an unreal problem.

Tony Parsons refers to it as an Open Secret!

That very sense of self or personalized experience of individuality.... that which feels inflated or diminished by a comment IS the illusion of self. 

And after this apparent recognition, the wildest part is that "nothing ever actually happened"

Nothing matters or needs to happen because it's already THIS!

Absolute freedom but for nobody!

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@BlurryBoi

Because as Leo Gura said whatever state you are in you could ask why am I experiencing this over something else. If reality is infinite it must include your state as well. Only reason you think your experience is finite is because you think so.

Who told you that "others" are real?

7 hours ago, BlurryBoi said:

Simply the Existential/Metaphysical Question :

Why THIS Experience/Finitude instead of Anything/Everything ELSE ?

Why not this one?

3 hours ago, Michael Jackson said:

@BenG Because you are the chosen one baby!

I had guessed as much.

If it pleases you to kiss my feet, I will graciously allow you to do so. ❤️

13 hours ago, BenG said:

I’m mostly just interested to hear what people say to this. Not really expecting to understand the answer. And I suppose this will be perceived as a stupid question, but I’m guessing most of you have wondered the same thing. I think it’s one of those things we just take for granted as being the way that it is because we don’t even know where to begin with answering it.
But I imagine there must be an answer…??

Here you go. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4LEl7WchQg

You chose this body because you felt vibrationally that it was the right one for you. You tend to reincarnate through similar genetic lines. Now understand....reincarnation is part of the dream also......

"Physical Reality is the Manifestation of your Will. If you're not conscious of that then you're not truly awake." -Leo Gura- The Super Conductor

11 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Here you go. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4LEl7WchQg

You chose this body because you felt vibrationally that it was the right one for you. You tend to reincarnate through similar genetic lines. Now understand....reincarnation is part of the dream also......

Sadhguru is gangsta af! :D

I struggle with the idea of reincarnation because it feels like adopting a belief system that I don’t know how to verify.

Posted (edited)

52 minutes ago, BenG said:

Sadhguru is gangsta af! :D

I struggle with the idea of reincarnation because it feels like adopting a belief system that I don’t know how to verify.

Its easy to identify have you ever wondered why transexuals exist? Think about it? They feel they are in the wrong body.....you can only feel that way....if you are able to PICK the body. They basically have buyers remorse....they chose the body (vehicle) and are like....I'm not really feeling this....can I exchange it for the opposite?

Reality is like (in a funny accent barely understandable) "NO RETURNS!!!"

Edited by Razard86

"Physical Reality is the Manifestation of your Will. If you're not conscious of that then you're not truly awake." -Leo Gura- The Super Conductor

8 hours ago, LastThursday said:

There's not even a body. "Body" is just a word, category, concept, convenience of communication, way of dividing the world etc.

Well obviously the word body is not the body itself just like a reflection of a body in the mirror is also not the body itself.

I guess it depends on what definition of real is being used.

Is a temporary appearance or impermanent object real?

Is an organism that is born, lives, dies and then deteriorates back into everything real.

If it's recognized that the experiencer witnessing physical reality isn't real, what’s to say about reality.....is it real and unreal?

❤ 

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

32 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Its easy to identify have you ever wondered why transexuals exist? Think about it? They feel they are in the wrong body.....you can only feel that way....if you are able to PICK the body. They basically have buyers remorse....they chose the body (vehicle) and are like....I'm not really feeling this....can I exchange it for the opposite?

Reality is like (in a funny accent barely understandable) "NO RETURNS!!!"

I get that trans people feel like they’re in the wrong body, but is it really the ONLY explanation to say they chose wrong before birth? Really?? There really aren’t ANY other explanations? 
come on, you’re killing me. ?

Disidentification with form can be useful. To know that you are a 3-part being: Body, Mind & Spirit. You are unique in the body you're in. The spiritual lessons and remembrances would not have been possible in another body.

The grand design of the universe is made perfect because you inhabit this particular body.

Greg

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

Posted (edited)

@amanen @Kksd74628

Thanks, i feel that an Awakening experience that Disolves the Ego's Separations is required to really understand/know this answer

Basically i cannot Really Understand Infinity only by Thinking about/around "it"

@Fernanda

Because this precise finite experience Excludes all other infinite possibilities.

Why does Infinity get Stuck into this Finite random experience, repressing all other infinite possibilities ?

Any/all other experience(s) is infinitely more probable than just 1 random experience out of an infinite number of possibilities. (Basically Logically-impossible)

Why Not Everything/Nothing at once ?

But i guess this is the similar to the Paradox where someone asks god to create a stone he cannot lift. 

Edited by BlurryBoi

2 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Well obviously the word body is not the body itself just like a reflection of a body in the mirror is also not the body itself.

Isn't it funny that I think I know what you mean - despite the word "body" appearing four times in the above? It's like saying "the body itself" is somehow different from saying "body" the word, despite it all being just words.

Anyway my emphasis was wrong.

My point was more about the division of stuff in the world and the fact that it's arbitrary. It may feel completely natural to have a "physical body" but it is actually a concept (a set of divisions). Since concepts are inventions then so are bodies. Concepts don't have to come from the mind per se, but from whatever process that also creates a concept of a "you". If a "you" doesn't exist, then by extension neither does a "body".

Nothing matters. Matter is nothing.

5 hours ago, BenG said:

I had guessed as much.

If it pleases you to kiss my feet, I will graciously allow you to do so. ❤️

@BenG I would prefer just to suck them, if that's fine for you :P

Just now, Michael Jackson said:

@BenG I would prefer just to suck them, if that's fine for you :P

OK, but I can't promise I'll wash them first. 

5 minutes ago, BenG said:

OK, but I can't promise I'll wash them first. 

No worries Sir, I will clean them for ya!

I don't think anybody knows. A lot is known, knowable, proveable...

The way time and the division of infinity within itself into finitude (e.g. look at black, it's not red, it has a limit, ALL things do) works? I don't think people can ever understand no matter the amount of drugs. It doesn't seem among the knowable provable elements.

Obviously on drugs the sense is that everyone is us. Like even the walls are alive and sentient; we are a morphing fabric of reality. Fluid. I don't get it.

4 hours ago, BlurryBoi said:

Why Not Everything/Nothing at once ?

Precisely! Why not, then? We are infinity. We've just zoomed in to be more aware of some details, you see? 

4 hours ago, Michael Jackson said:

No worries Sir, I will clean them for ya!

I'm pleased by your subservience, piggy.

6 hours ago, LastThursday said:

Isn't it funny that I think I know what you mean - despite the word "body" appearing four times in the above? It's like saying "the body itself" is somehow different from saying "body" the word, despite it all being just words.

Anyway my emphasis was wrong.

My point was more about the division of stuff in the world and the fact that it's arbitrary. It may feel completely natural to have a "physical body" but it is actually a concept (a set of divisions). Since concepts are inventions then so are bodies. Concepts don't have to come from the mind per se, but from whatever process that also creates a concept of a "you". If a "you" doesn't exist, then by extension neither does a "body".

Well yeah but it's more than just a concept, it's a total physical/mental experience.

Prior to so-called awakening, the experience was: "I was the body; I was the thinker and doer".

But when this "sense of self" or "me" was really examined closely it was seen to be unreal and began to unravel.....and by unravel "I" mean, the clear recognition that there simply never was a real "me" from the start.

❤ 

Leo locked my thread on the matter which is a shame, as I had more to say.

I wrote recently about talking to a character in a lucid dream, and that character said that he could in fact see me. I wrote that perhaps that character was telling the truth... Of course I awaken in my bed. And for Leo that is all he focused on in that post, but did not seem to care as to whether or not that other character in my mind really could see or not.

This is the thing I don't think anyone will ever be conclusive about. Clearly this moment is something finite, and for anything finite to appear when what really is, is both literally nothing and hence limitless, that same limitless nothing HAS to appear within itself as limit... Nothing else is possible.

Like a giant endless piece of paper without any border. You have to pencil in a shape onto it to create anything with limit. When the shape is removed, the paper is still there.

And now we have to try to understand what it means for these shapes to appear within the endless paper that is awareness. When there are many shapes on that paper, each shape may ask "if I am really the paper, why can I not be the other shape since that is also on the paper?" And that is the conundrum... As we think of course that if we are one singular awareness, then this limited view should not even be possible. But more like a split screen game on PS1 with pals, where we are telepathic and all that shit......

When the shape is erased from the paper - that shape being us - then what is that like to undergo? Each moment the shape that is us is erased and remade as forms change. But seemingly there are billions of shapes on there at once. Each shape undergoing the same process.

Some people put it down to a trick of time, as Rupert Spira does. Others like Bernardo Kastrup believes it's like having DID. Never anything definitive, though...

Awareness is nothing. It really is, fuck "no-thing" and fuck repeating stuff from guru books and videos. Sick of that. Nobody has """awakened""" after watching a video it's RIDICULOUS... So what is the real answer? When something ceases to be it has nowhere to go, as nothingness is what we call "I", and if it ceases to be it becomes nothing, and nothing is what we already are now........ But still I can't figure this out. That I cannot see what you see, and vice versa.

And that I die and renew each second (all there is to us is appearance against a backdrop of that literal nothing) while awareness remains. It may well be a flipbook type deal... All of our stories exist concurrently and each moment exists eternally and presently... But who knows?