BenG

Why am I in this body and not a different body??

75 posts in this topic

I’m mostly just interested to hear what people say to this. Not really expecting to understand the answer. And I suppose this will be perceived as a stupid question, but I’m guessing most of you have wondered the same thing. I think it’s one of those things we just take for granted as being the way that it is because we don’t even know where to begin with answering it.
But I imagine there must be an answer…??

There is an answer:

No matter what body you'd be in, you could ask, Why this body? And hence you're in your current body.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

There isn't a someone in the body......thats the illusion!

This someone is a complete supposed character!

There is a body, but no one behind the eyes!

Look 4 ur self ? 

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Consider there is no "why". There could be no "answer" or anything hiding in the veil at all. There is just simply what is happening, or what is.

What would it even mean for "you" to be in a different body? What is/are you?

I'm not an alarmist..... but someone should break the glass. And pull that red T-lever down!

To get their attention, start lobbing the Light Grenades that burst and blind them with the truth!

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth!

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, Roy said:

Consider there is no "why". There could be no "answer" or anything hiding in the veil at all. There is just simply what is happening, or what is.

What would it even mean for "you" to be in a different body? What is/are you?

Roy,

I know that sounds good and everything, but that's just not what awakening is! 

It's the end of the considerer

❤ 

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Yeah, I don't know what awakening is. I'm just a low consciousness idiot, I don't even meditate.

I'm not an alarmist..... but someone should break the glass. And pull that red T-lever down!

To get their attention, start lobbing the Light Grenades that burst and blind them with the truth!

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth!

You can be, whitout being aware of your beingness. But once you notice your beingness, you have suddenly become aware of something that has been so obvious that you didn't recognise it prior to the arising of the question.

So to answer you question, I'd say that the question itself are born out of a recognition and curiosity with beingness.

Notice how the question itself compares your body with different bodys. The question doesn't entail any inanimate objects because that is beyond what is recognised with how the question is framed, despite that everything is within the realm of consciousness. So the curiosity can be understood to be in direct relation and interest with being.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

No matter what body you'd be in, you could ask, Why this body? And hence you're in your current body.

I agree with the reasoning of this, but it doesn’t satisfy me as an answer. It feels more like being clever with words. Like saying “I’m in this body because I’m in this body no matter what body I’m in.” 

@Roy I read your comment in the voice of Yoda: 

“is or is not, there is no why” ?

? True or true not, there is no why. ????

Posted (edited)

@BenG It's not a stupid question. It appears to be quite the mystery, and I remember really pondering this a lot when I was young enough to know better :) 

Of course, some might say you are not in the body, and that is precisely the illusion. That's a bit of a cop out though. You are asking something slightly different. 

The answer lies in understanding identification: identification with thoughts, with things. The ego latches on to and identifies with whatever it finds interesting. It will keep doing so because it is searching for permanence (it hates impermanence). Yet nothing it finds is permanent. Watch your own mind long enough and you'll notice it restlessly searching in this way.

All thoughts are stabs at self identification, yet all thoughts are fleeting.

So... now consider the idea of BenG.

BenG is an idea that you find really interesting. You are identifying with the idea of BenG in this moment and you are exploring the idea to its fullest.

This identification with BenG will also be fleeting.

Edited by axiom

Seeking out breadcrumbs scattered within the dream...

Id say that because you are in all possible bodies, so in yours too. what happens is that you are attached to yours and your history and you think about it. Or better, you are the attachment. I think the only answer to understand is total detachment. 

I have a similar question : 

If everything is really INFINITY, why am i stuck experiencing THIS (this isolated human body sitting on the toilet typing on a phone etc) ? (And not an infinite different animal/other lifes at the same time)

It feels really finite, but infinity by definition would include having an infinite experience Always.

Idk, if it was really Paradoxal, there should be no experience at all (or everything at once, nonduality).

But i'm still Mr Finite/Isolated Human on the toilet O.o

Posted (edited)

And we could remove "i" from the equation/question, it doesnt really matter.

Simply the Existential/Metaphysical Question :

Why THIS Experience/Finitude instead of Anything/Everything ELSE ?

Edited by BlurryBoi

5 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

There is a body, but no one behind the eyes!

There's not even a body. "Body" is just a word, category, concept, convenience of communication, way of dividing the world etc.

Nothing matters. Matter is nothing.

@BlurryBoi

Why do you think that your experience right NOW is finite?

-joNi-

Who told you that "others" are real?

Your body doesn't exist. It is a part of this illusory perception.

Posted (edited)

The question is moot, because there is no "you". There might be an appearance of a body, but there is no entity or being that is inside of it. That is the illusion of being a self. If you haven't realized this, you are now living life as if you are some entity residing in the body, and because this is what you take your self to be, you also project this on other bodies. In reality, there is no self in you, and there is no self in other bodies. The perception as if we are in a "world of selfs" inhabiting bodies, is a complete illusion of mind. Get this on an experiential-consciousness level, and not only intellectual. When you really get this, really really, it will be obvious even on a perceptual level that there are no beings or entities residing in bodies.

Edited by Batman

Posted (edited)

@Kksd74628 hmm because right now i'm basically looking at a tree outside the window. That's pretty finite

Even if we consider the tree+window+eyes as Concepts : Why ONLY Those Concepts ..?? 

Why Seeing a Tree Outside the Window with my Eyes, INSTEAD of, Touching a Bloody Fish disguised as Santa ? Or EVERYTHING ELSE Imaginable

And if we only consider direct experience : Why ONLY This Experience at the Exclusion of Every Other Possibilities ?

If everything is INFINITE, Right Now, Why is this visual field mainly White, instead of mainly Red ? Why is the temperature kinda Hot instead (at the EXCLUSION) of Freezing Cold and EVERY OTHER temperatures possible ?

Why is it the experience of this Precise Human Instead of Any Other human ? Why NOT the experience of a Bird ? Why NOT a Tree ? 

Edited by BlurryBoi

43 minutes ago, BlurryBoi said:

@Kksd74628 hmm because right now i'm basically looking at a tree outside the window. That's pretty finite

Even if we consider the tree+window+eyes as Concepts : Why ONLY Those Concepts ..?? 

Why Seeing a Tree Outside the Window with my Eyes, INSTEAD of, Touching a Bloody Fish disguised as Santa ? Or EVERYTHING ELSE Imaginable

And if we only consider direct experience : Why ONLY This Experience at the Exclusion of Every Other Possibilities ?

If everything is INFINITE, Right Now, Why is this visual field mainly White, instead of mainly Red ? Why is the temperature kinda Hot instead (at the EXCLUSION) of Freezing Cold and EVERY OTHER temperatures possible ?

Why is it the experience of this Precise Human Instead of Any Other human ? Why NOT the experience of a Bird ? Why NOT a Tree ? 

Because God or Absolute Infinity actually exists. You are Absolute Infinity zoomed in at a particular point in it. The current configuration of reality is actually contained within Absolute Infinity. That is why you are what there is, it is inevitable that Absolute Infinity would also be you specifically. It is also inevitable for it to be absolutely everything else. It isn't excluding them. You are all the other human body experiences too, so you are the birds, the trees, the DMT entities, the aliens, the whatever there is that we cannot even imagine.

There is not only this experience at the exclusion of other experiences.

You do them all as God. Nothing is excluded

I am God, you are me, there is only love, consciousness is everything.