Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MsNobody

Implications of working in the Psychedelic Field

8 posts in this topic

Hello!!

I have a channel and IG page where I talk about psychedelics. I don't do any work with them on people (only on myself). But my page and channel are growing really fast and have so many people contacting me for information that I feel it's time to create something so I'm working on my website and since I got a certification as a Life Coach I think I could do a blend of self development+psychedelics. 

However, I don't want to be irresponsible about it. Psychedelics are illegal in most countries. I'm currently in US (California) and my audience is in Brazil, because my content is in Portuguese. So my questions is, can I create courses talking about psychedelics, of course with no use of substances etc, integration sessions, and of course implement my coaching skills? Or would that be too risky?

@Leo Gura Leo your opinion would be much appreciated, Im an architect and am in the transition towards my life purpose. I've read countless books and participated in many workshops/ lectures about psychedelics. It's my passion to help people, and also to bring this fascinating subject that are psychedelics to the light.

I've thought about doing a master in psychology but am not very happy about the idea of paying 30K and studying 3 more years + to wait for psychedelics to become legal. Please let me know your thoughts on it.

Thank you all for reading! :x

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

I don't see a problem with the things you mentioned. I think as long as you're not supplying the substances one way or another you should be fine.

I would personally consult with a lawyer in your state to make sure what the bounds are if you can afford or are inclined to find.. as I'm just operating on "common sense" here and I'm in Canada.

Talking about it shouldn't get you in trouble. I know a psychologist in my area who does psychedelic integration sessions (again in Canada) in the "mental health" realm of things. I'd be more worried about getting sued if anything by someone you conducted sessions with, so maybe some protection there might be wise.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

@puporing Yes, I think giving advice about psychedelics it's a grey area. I will definitely consult with a lawyer before I start. 

Do you work with psychedelics as well?

Another thing that might be an issue is that my background is in architecture, not related to the medical/health field.

Thank you for responding :) Loved your quote.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

I think you could do this realistically. PsychedSubstance has had a YouTube channel for years about psychedelic education, advice, and would even take them on camera.

I agree with @puporing and I'd add to check YouTube guidelines. 

@MsNobody Not right now. I'm just starting to host some Meetup events with an existing group in my area occasionally and see how that goes. 

I've thought about doing something like one on one conversations but haven't made up my mind about it yet..:D too much of a "recluse".

59 minutes ago, MsNobody said:

my background is in architecture, not related to the medical/health field.

That's no issue at all. :) We change and evolve. I hope you find a good path on your new journey.  

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

@MsNobody

I think you'll be alright assuming that you provide legal disclaimers that it's only for entertainment / educational purposes.

I personally don't see the value in doing a Masters in Psych. You can learn just about everything you need to learn through self-study, workshops, books etc. Do it if you feel called, but it's mostly just something for clout and to help people to trust working with you.

Should be okay if you avoid issues of sourcing.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.