Striving for more

DO NOT just "Use this forum"

14 posts in this topic

Don't randomly scan this forum frequently. 

don't just read any post or thread

90% of it is all b.s and distraction 

90% of people here are mediocre ... or they at least have different or even opposing goals to you. 

Therefore, follow the people you resonate with most and find consistently valuable or interesting or share the results you wanna see, follow those people and forget everything else. 

My point is less is more ... in fact I might just stop scanning the forums ever entirely and only follow a select few people who consistently provide practical answers ... I already wasted so much of my life so remember that for 95% of you this forum is just netflix, and youre better off just watching netflix because it's more fun the crappy futile posts youre reading here. 

I wasted some time here until I understood this. 

Now I just ignore 95% of the forum, be picky have high standards. 

Even on a PD Forum, most people are mediocre so why the fuck am I gonna follow you if you don't get/or not working your ass of to ... get laid or have 7 figures or achieve some crazy goal yet or you're just lazy and want to post about Jordan Peterson crying or kim kardashian?

Stop following losers or you' stay one. 

Edited by Striving for more

Upboat ?

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

The PD forum is, correct me if I'm wrong, mostly an Orange forum.  What do you expect from there if not "mediocrity" and "Jordan Peterson"?

The actualization and off-topic sub-forums are what you want.

I couldn't agree more. 

There is a law for this known as Sturgeon's Law; ninety percent of everything is crap. 

Sturgeons-Law-Ninety-Percent-of-Everythi

To add to your post: 

You can't just follow anyone. Even when you are not consciously following people, you are still following them - unconsciously. E.g. the people you spend the most time with every day. Other people's lifestyle "rubbing off" on you. 

Most people you see on the surface will have completely different goals from you. 

You need to vet people before investing time with them, this applies to this forum too. 

What are their ambitions and goals in life? - Most people are okay with mediocrity. If you are not okay with mediocrity, be wary of how much time you spend with these people.

E.g. If you want to become a multi-millionaire, you need to follow people who are multi-millionaires, not people who may be developed in some other area but doesn't care about being a multi-millionaire.

What are their standards? - You tend to get in life what your lowest standards are. Most people have such low standards that they're okay with working a 9-5 job 5 days a week, and spend the rest of their time drowning themselves in entertainment. That might not be you. That might be so far from what you want that you would rather kill yourself than put up with working a 9-5 job you hate for the rest of your life. 

So it's important to follow people that have the same standards as you, or even higher standards than you. 

Due to the nature of stratification and the 80/15/5 rule, 80% of the people on this forum are not getting the results they could, 15% get decent results, and 5% get amazing results. But, I would say it's more like 1% here, because the ROI you get from a forum isn't as much as you can get from other things like books, courses, masterminds, workshops, retreats, etc.

39 minutes ago, Esilda said:

how do you suggest we use the forum? ?

Be deliberate. You can use the forum to research certain topics that you need to work on, with the search function.

Don't just randomly click on any topic unless it piques your interest and you think you can get some value out of participating it or getting new perspectives. 

It's not what you do but how you do it.

Are you using this forum out of compulsion? Or are you using this forum out of intention? Are you conscious of how much value you're actually getting out of this forum? 

This forum should be tertiary to your main sources of knowledge (books, courses, etc.) This forum can be used for pulling nuggets, but it's not the best for focused learning. 

I don’t think you should be so anal about it

Communities need a good balance of lightheartedness and seriousness to maintain themselves

Too much hardcore/seriousness is bad too

You’re meant to be a playful in life too

Have been literally thinking the same. I used to take what everyone said on here as gospel and absolute... My god was I naive, I had such a bias running and I didn't even see it (obvs). I question myself, who am I to give anyone advice? It all contains my biases, my worldview and beliefs, and 99% of people (please prove me wrong) take it literally, it isn't questioned (however this is an assumption). You have to be so careful. Most of the advice I see on here is regurgitated information, copies of copies of cloned beliefs. 

Sort of a rude post.

But, yeah use the form wisely to grow

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

17 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Sort of a rude post.

But, yeah use the form wisely to grow

Becoming a millionaire doesn't mean you won at life, winning at life is living the life that most resonates with what you value. For you that could be becoming a millionaire and that's fine. Also stop demonizing 9-5 jobs. If people didn't work 9-5 jobs there would be no doctors, teachers, or garbage men just to state a few occupations society needs. Seriously everyone can't be millionaires...and truthfully based on most economists....millionaires are actually bad for the economy.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86