SamC

Why do girls cock block eachother?

10 posts in this topic

As the title. @Leo Gura

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

Interesting question, I noticed It too.

@SamC

It can be jealousy but most likely they just don't like you. You need to charm the group or else they will take her away from you. That's just feminine behavior. Mostly vain and selfish but also protective. Sex doesn't mean the same for a girl as for a guy, girls really need to feel safe and not-judged.

If you're talking about in the club or while drinking, it's a survival mechanism to prevent each other from getting raped. If you're a guy, going home with a strange girl you just met has very little risk to it. If you're a girl, it's extremely risky.

Also a way to curb people from making impulsive/foolish choices or to reinforce societal norms (not being slutty.) If your friend has a bf and they're getting tempted to cheat you want to hold them back to maintain cohesion in your social circle. If they just broke up and they're emotionally raw, you want to prevent them from making a rash decision. A girlfriend is like the polar opposite of a wingman, there to prevent you from getting laid if you get too drunk or start having too much fun.

If they're cockblocking a woman they don't know, then most likely jealousy and you're encroaching on someone they want for themselves.

So that they aren't total sluts.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

They scheming together a plan to make the yet to be cockblocked girl seem more interesting, hard to get, and test the confidence/workrate of the guy.

Either that or this is their literal operating system doing all their work for them, I would actually bet on the likelihood of the latter, the cause can not be pinpointed, it simply is a spontaneous "oh well lets go over here for a while, how bout that, heh", not to speak of "now I am gonna do deliberate bad job making it seem like I don't have you in my thought while being over here".

They are gonna tease you, and as little as they notice what they are themselves doing are you noticing how much you love what they are doing, or she is is literally walking away from you to get away from you, there is also that.

She is likely cockblocking herself more so than her friends, and you even more so, well not you in particular but. When it actually is the friend though, that is when there will be some games one simply does not win.

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

Women are generally much more social/collective. They want to protect each other, but at the same time they want to hold each other back so that the collective can be maintained. It's perceived as a threat to that collective if one of the members "branches out" on her own.

Men on the other hand are more individualist. They still operate in groups, but if a member starts doing things outside of it or transcends the hierarchy it's not taken as a serious threat. In fact men will encourage each other to achieve individual success. If a guy says they are leaving the group to pursue a girl they'll all say, "go get em!"

We are animals and these are animal dynamics at play here. A single male moving around a bar or a club to find and choose a female from a group is analogous to a lion stalking and hunting a gazelle from a herd. Except instead of killing and eating them they just want to have sex xD

hrhrhtewgfegege

This happened to me once even though I wasn't planning on going home with the guy. I had a few drinks and I guess I was more outgoing and coming off as more flirtatious as I normally do. I had one of my friends come in and then we all went home together. The nex morning we were just going over the events of the following night and that friend was basically like *hey, i didn't know how many drinks you had but you were acting a bit out of the ordinary and you just met this guy and I didn't want you to get snatched up at that state or have anything happen to you.* She then went on to ask about if I ever gave this guy my number to which I replied no. She was then like *oh, he was cute and yall seemed like yall were having a good time* to inquire more about that whole interaction out of curiousity to which I explained that I was enjoying the conversation but wasn't really into him to where I wanted to sleep with him or go on a date with him. Also, I had to explain that my drunk personality is generally really cheerful, outgoing, and sometimes on the touchier side (i.e. more open to hugs from strangers, giving light nonsexual touches etc.). 

This friend knows me pretty well and I know she has good intentions. This was the first time that she saw me around alcohol since I don't really drink and she didn't know what my tolerance was like, to what extent I was still in control of that situation, or what I'm generally like at that state. She just wanted to be on the safer side because that's better than having some type of tragedy occur. And even though I was fine, I do appreciate the extra degree of caution as there can be a lot of sketchy and predatory creatures out there. 

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

@SamC Out of concern or because they are jelaous.

My friends never did this to me, unless I told them I don't like the guy and would want them to intervene. But otherwise they just let me be free and make my own choices with a guy.