Ook

Teary eyed Jordan Peterson

54 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

His tears are from the deeper recognition of the cruelty of life and the personal suffering and sacrifice he has gone through.

You guys are treating this with way too much shallowness.

It's the same reason I cry when I talk about God/Love.

What deep things are you talking about? I followed JP when he first emerged and seen most of his lectures, yes what he teaches is valid but in this instance he’s just over reacting. 

If he closes his eyes, sight out the negative shit and just stop preching for a while he’ll be in a lot better place. 

I would defend JP, but you know very well he’s just hard headed and won’t take a break/take it easy on himself.

Yeah, I don't get why people would laugh at him, he's actually done a lot to improve society. And honestly I just hope he takes the time to comfort and take care of himself. I wish I could say "Jordan please take care of yourself pal." Yeah, if he would take a vacation or something and comfort himself, he might come back better than ever. 

"Reality is a Love Simulator"-Leo Gura

1 hour ago, Happy Lizard said:

What deep things are you talking about?

Not gonna explain it to you.

1 hour ago, Happy Lizard said:

in this instance he’s just over reacting.

Of course his political views are reactionary.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

he's crying for the miserable human condition in relation to God.

And also that disproportionately men go through most of these cruel  circumstances, and they are not rewarded or even recognised by society which is pre occupied with equality. 

Compassion helps to whomever is in pain.

If you are not going to be a bit sensitive, then at least don't add wood to the fire.

Edited by UnbornTao

@BuddhistLover

23 hours ago, BuddhistLover said:

I feel sorry for the guy, he tries so hard to help out humanity, and puts a lot of his desires on hold, and cries out loud, only to get laughed at. I'll be honest, Jordan is actually such a sweet guy, and is very intelligent. 

Yeah, he has found his life purpose of being a professor and psychologist, and puts the majority of his free time into that career that other parts of his life suffered a bit, like his health. Can turn people off of finding a LP if this is the reaction I'd get from some, if not most people when sharing something meaningful. Yes, in this context it was a political talk about ANTIFA in a right wing podcast, yes this deep wisdom went over TR Mike's head, and initial reaction was I think a nervous/ridiculing laughter, but after that further laughing I 100% disagree with and condemn as they at that point are ridiculing laughs. Not only that, but very bad optics from a left leaning podcast, makes progressives and democrats look real bad. Bad example for others too.

@Einsteinonacid

On 5/18/2022 at 9:14 PM, Einsteinonacid said:

987685678876.jpg

And this, is why, the internet is a dangerous place. anyone can post a meme for a laugh, but if you slow down and think about it, the meme hides an underlying negative meaning that ridicules and stereotypes those it targets.

Making fun of men for crying just reinforces toxic masculinity. I'm curious as to why so many progressives fail to see this.

beep boop

I can confidently say that TR and this Mike person, is actually a bit worse that TYT. Crooked Media is a much better YouTube Channel, some of it's podcasters still remain respectful and address the message more than the character of a person, good example for progressives and dems.

I have listened to JP for years. I like his stuff. However, he obviously has bias against the leftist ideas. He often talks about crimes committed by people with leftist tendencies but gloss over right Leaning governments crimes. Thanks for explaining that quote about revenge against gods, Leo. 

Edited by ArcticGong

Lots of judgment and assumptions in this thread. It's pretty wild that some would see a grown man cry and immediately doubt or ridicule him. It says quite a lot about the state of development of these people who would claim to be self-actualizers or intellectuals. 

Please, my friends. Let's not laugh at people who are sharing their life experiences and breaking down as a result of it. There is a lot to learn from this man, the mistake is thinking you're so far ahead of him that he doesn't have anything valuable to give you. Spiral Dynamics wise, you might be, but if that's actually the case, then you know better. 

@whoshearts

22 minutes ago, whoshearts said:

Lots of judgment and assumptions in this thread. It's pretty wild that some would see a grown man cry and immediately doubt or ridicule him. It says quite a lot about the state of development of these people who would claim to be self-actualizers or intellectuals. 

Please, my friends. Let's not laugh at people who are sharing their life experiences and breaking down as a result of it. There is a lot to learn from this man, the mistake is thinking you're so far ahead of him that he doesn't have anything valuable to give you. Spiral Dynamics wise, you might be, but if that's actually the case, then you know better. 

It's probably more that this forum, the majority of users are a bit left leaning, and some are spiritualists, and JP is more right and leans conservative and a little bit traditionalist/religious, so those ridiculing him are ridiculing their projections they are not aware of.

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

@whoshearts

It's probably more that this forum, the majority of users are a bit left leaning, and some are spiritualists, and JP is more right and leans conservative and a little bit traditionalist/religious, so those ridiculing him are ridiculing their projections they are not aware of.

Hit the nail on the head.

I saw a clip of JP in tears recently and you could really  feel his pain. JP seems to exhibit high cognitive empathy functioning which not a lot of people have. When I watched him, I started to cry myself and turned over to my trusted friend and said "oh no, this time is taking a lot out of him; it's really taking a toll on him." This is due to his heightened sensitivity to societal and global evolutionary marks in history. 

He is genuinely crying and genuinely upset by the current state of human consciousness, Western Civilization, etc and it is because he has very high empathy. He looks at this generation and the world as a whole, and it kills him to see the collective suffering, angst, dread, or turmoil, to the point of tears. 

Same thing goes if he is describing something beautiful or profound. He may cry. This is tears of joy..again, caused by high empathy functioning. 

Edited by VioletFlame

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love"