Ook

Teary eyed Jordan Peterson

54 posts in this topic

Just now, Danioover9000 said:

More of this, and the world would be a little bit better off.

Thank you so much :x

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

JBP has been crying in almost every interview since he returned. I think his diet is messing with his hormones.

@LSD-Rumi

16 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Yeah they are not fake, but he is quite emotinal these days. Crying because supposedly Antifa is trying to destroy Society and then saying they are doing this out of revenge against God is quite unhinged. The guy is clearly not mentally stable these days.

Another problem is the language. Saying it's unhinged is too strong, too loaded a word. Truly unhinged is catatonic levels of schizophrenia, or going through a psychosis in an asylum. What this mike should say, is delusional but meaningful, because to Jordan Peterson, this is real. Of course, Mike ain't going to change it because he's biased against those with a hint of opposition againstthe left no matter if it's constructive disagreement or dogmatic criticism.

@Raze

1 minute ago, Raze said:

JBP has been crying in almost every interview since he returned. I think his diet is messing with his hormones.

His health is related to Leo's SIBO, or it could be some IBS issue or some autoimmune disorder effecting his digestive system, I'm not sure, but also on top of that he also had alcohol addiction. It's a tough health condition to go through as it can also be psychosomatic as well.

1 hour ago, Something Funny said:

@Leo Gura oh, I see. But he used this phrase with regards to antifa people and not himself, which is still kind of confusing to me. Did he mean that those people are into antifa and far left beliefs because their lives are full of suffering? And also that them being violent is their way of expressing their hate towards God?

Is my understanding correct and if it is, do you agree with his point of view to some degree?

I think he has grounded his own life and having meaning/a reason to continue on living in the bible, as he holds it as the highest teachings. Idk what the context of Antifa/what they are talking about is all about, but the postmodern values the young generation has is basically deconstructing/questioning everything and all 'meaning' reaching a conclusion that many of the things society have held meaningful like race, religion,gender etc is meaning-less, just a construct, and that's what JP is reacting badly against.

He's witnessing his whole reasons to live in the current world/his life work in psychology(I'm guessing?) being ridiculed by by the young generation. which is enough to make anyone go crazy. 

Edited by Happy Lizard

@Happy Lizard

8 minutes ago, Happy Lizard said:

I think he has grounded his own life and having meaning/a reason to continue on living in the bible, as he holds it as the highest teachings. Idk what the context of Antifa/what they are talking about is all about, but the postmodern values the young generation has is basically deconstructing/questioning everything and all 'meaning' reaching a conclusion that many of the things society have held meaningful like race, religion,gender etc is meaning-less, just a construct, and that's what JP is reacting badly against.

He's witnessing his whole reasons to live in the current world/his life work in psychology(I'm guessing?) being ridiculed by by the young generation. which is enough to make anyone go crazy. 

Basically, a person who has stage blue values, with traditional and religious morality, with cognitive development that allows for higher abstraction across related topics, whose life experiences regarding the left have mostly been with SJW activists and fringe left types, whose personality partly is attached to being orderly, whose state of being and well being is challenged by declining health, strongly reacting against stage green moral relativism, and those who are too emotional and hate rationality.

In a different context, if he have had encountered those at stage green that exhibit it in a healthy way, he might have not this strong resistance to that stage, plus not developed such a nasty health issue, he may have been open to that, but that unfortunately isn't the case anymore.

I must admit what got me bursting out all in laughter just now, since I didn't expect it at all in a first opening sentence, was not when he at the end compared people who are a part of Antifa to Story of Cain and Abel from the Old Testament, but when he with all due seriousness of his conviction began his opening statement (baited by Ngo though prior by using the "animalistic" adjective in his forwarded question to JP) by saying in a very serious, attempt at authorative and convicted tone that: "that they are worse than animals". 

They way he said it all due seriousness blew my prior expectations of what to expect of the tonality set for this video. 

The way he said with such seriousness that it almost felt like a skit to me, well I guess not to though to the people who believe and share his feelings and opinions on about what he is saying and the implications of it and parallels drawn to it of course. 

There is a lot projection mechanisms going on in JP's rhetoric, I wager IMHO, and satisfactory psychological conclusions for him to deal with life phenomenona that feel uncomfortable and unsavoury to him and his follower base, hence they project on them their own actual  inner feelings towards them, of why they are there and why are they like that in the first place. 

A lot of psychologically deceptive games of cat and mouse is actually going in the backdrop of all that comotion I personally feel (cat painting the mouse as the devil for wanting to grab and/or eat/steal a bit of cheese from the shelves while it wants to eat the mouse and it's whole family itself). 

Edited by Fleetinglife

''society is culpable in not providing free education for all and it must answer for the night which it produces. If the soul is left in darkness sins will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the sin, but he who causes the darkness.” ― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables'

30 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

In a different context, if he have had encountered those at stage green that exhibit it in a healthy way, he might have not this strong resistance to that stage, plus not developed such a nasty health issue, he may have been open to that, but that unfortunately isn't the case anymore.

(Don’t know what his health issues are)

Don’t think so, it’s not his time, it’s a very slim chance that he’s going ro find a way to appreciate stage green. Essentially  his political, religious and most basic views about life are at odds with the new green. The kind of world view he grow up with is: they are commies who are going to destroy society the government and eventually the world. Good luck convincing the Palestinies that the isralies where terrorized too - it’s this bad.

Poor guy, not hating on him.

Edited by Happy Lizard

3 hours ago, Something Funny said:

@Leo Gura oh, I see. But he used this phrase with regards to antifa people and not himself, which is still kind of confusing to me. Did he mean that those people are into antifa and far left beliefs because their lives are full of suffering? And also that them being violent is their way of expressing their hate towards God?

Is my understanding correct and if it is, do you agree with his point of view to some degree?

Take into context the story of Cain and Abel that he mentions afterwards.

My take on it would be:

If you sacrifice what is the most precious to you, than you will be with god. (Abel-His best lamb).
If you sacrifice the least precious, play it safe, have a misaligned perception on what actually is the most precious to you/god, than you will not make the worthy sacrifice and therefore be left without god. (Cain-His worst grains).

So Cain makes an unworthy sacrifice and is left without god (himself, the world ), so he suffers and in his lows gets resentful against god (himself, the world), and blames god for it, which pulls him even further away. Cainian sees the wrongs in the world as a result, his mind is settled on the wrongs, fueled by deep burred resentment that goes to the level of resenting being itself. But thats deep inside, on the surface in modern days it may look like blaming Jews, the patriarchy, white people, black people, gays, global warming, animal-farm industry, communism, capitalism, you name it, and believe me, they could easily stack up.

In that sense, a modern Cainian would be someone who would blame a lot of things, if not most things. The one that doesn't see the beauty and the perfection in god (himself, the world), He is resists it and fights against it, in its wake malevolence rises. So at the end of the day it ends up being more of a pure destructive force and less of a creative one.

If one is detached from god and sees the world as something that is against him, as something that needs to be modified to match ones will, than you can easily see how one can get radicalized, end up shooting up schools, be all hyped up about tearing something down, just for the true motivational reason of tearing it down, regardless of what the facade might look like.

Note:
You can take this on the most psychedelic level, or just on some simple and practical one. Its a mythological story about a pattern that scales across things. That is how it looks to me. Its like an archetypal pathway, that you carve out by making choices. You may end up on the path of Abel, or the path of Cain, depending on how chose to do you sacrifices (intertwined with choices). Its just one Archetype on-top of which others are layered.

Imo, JP believes these are the true, probably not yet acknowledged motivations on groups such as antifa, or the more, turbulent leftist activists. As I said and he also knows it, its a pattern that is universal among humans. So this could be applied to most toxic groups or individuals. Its quite an underrated story I think.

Edited by Yog

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

@LSD-Rumi

Another problem is the language. Saying it's unhinged is too strong, too loaded a word. Truly unhinged is catatonic levels of schizophrenia, or going through a psychosis in an asylum. What this mike should say, is delusional but meaningful, because to Jordan Peterson, this is real. Of course, Mike ain't going to change it because he's biased against those with a hint of opposition againstthe left no matter if it's constructive disagreement or dogmatic criticism.

Yeah politics brings up the worst in people. It is essential to do politics in a conscious and unjudgmental manner, otherwise it become quite toxic. The current political discourses we are having even on the left side are full of hate and judgment, It is quite painful to even watch them sometimes.

@Leo Gura opposining facism does not make your life misarble. JP is a nazi apologist. 

Edited by JTL

The dude is being disrespectful to JP. I understand if you initially found it funny, but if you keep laughing while he is crying you are just an asshole.

Sad that no one pointed this out under the comments of that video. Everyone is making fun of peterson reasoning why he is crying. It's not something you do.

With that said, I don't understand the meaning of what he said. I would highly appreciate an explanation from someone who understood this.

I feel sorry for the guy, he tries so hard to help out humanity, and puts a lot of his desires on hold, and cries out loud, only to get laughed at. I'll be honest, Jordan is actually such a sweet guy, and is very intelligent. 

Edited by BuddhistLover

"Reality is a Love Simulator"-Leo Gura

8 hours ago, Something Funny said:

His tears are from the deeper recognition of the cruelty of life and the personal suffering and sacrifice he has gone through.

You guys are treating this with way too much shallowness.

It's the same reason I cry when I talk about God/Love.

He's not crying for Antifa, he's crying for the miserable human condition in relation to God.

Progressives do not understand JP at all, so all they do is ridicule him. But his philosophy goes over their head.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

3 hours ago, Einsteinonacid said:

987685678876.jpg

@Einsteinonacid Thanks for that one man, I almost have never laughed that hard by a meme. Just too good.

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?