DefinitelyNotARobot

Why seek Truth?

8 posts in this topic

When I'm looking for Truth, I'm looking for "something" that is ABSOLUTELY true. That means it isn't false NO MATTER WHAT. It is ALWAYS true whether you're a human, a chimp, a rock, a thought, alive, dead, happy, sad, the president. It's also true independent of the realization of Truth, meaning it's true even if you're the most ignorant fool who is in max dream mode. It can't be false.

So what is the point of trying to realize something that is already being realized by itself? What is the point of reaching for Truth if Truth is all there is? I mean if it's something that has to he reached for, if it has to be realized somewhere in the future, is it really timeless? And if it isn't timeless is it really True?

So what is the point of recognizing ones True nature? I myself have an image of enlightenment as a fix for my problems. A fix for suffering. I think a lot of people want just that. They want to fix their suffering and be happy. But Truth is independent of your personal level of suffering. People try to put Truth into a box which benifites them personally. They care about Truth as long as it helps them complete their little check list of problems and desires. At least that's my motivation.

But all of these ideas of Truth, which only serve my own interests, are limited interpretations of the real thing. I, as an ego trying to survive in this world, don't see any point or purpose or meaning in Truth, because it doesn't seem to change any of the things I want to be changed (as it is true independently of change).

And yet I am here asking questions that may or may not go against my own survival. Why? Is that perhabs a pointer towards Truth? The fact that I'm here asking questions is interesting considering that it may hinder my survival. Is that... "calling" the answer?

beep boop

Because you are not the ego, so stop pretending. Actually, you don't exist. What you regard as "you" or "I" is but a collection of thoughts and feelings. Even though the thinking process may point to someone that is having or doing thoughts and feelings, that is just a trick of mind. In actuality, the mind happens by itself, there is no one who is doing it. Do you really believe that who you are is abstract thinking and feeling? If so, than you are nothing but a function of the body, and than your entire purpose is indeed survival. But when inspected carefully, it is obvious that thoughts and feelings occur on their own, with no unique doer or specified thinker. There is no ownership of body or mind.

Consciousness may manifest as body and mind, and may seem to believe that it is those "things", but that is precisely the illusion. If who and what you really are is not merely functions of survival and managing life, why would you like to keep living as if it is the case? Why keep trapping yourself in a dream that is not real, but make you believe that you are struggling and suffering to manage all aspects of life?

5 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

When I'm looking for Truth, I'm looking for "something" that is ABSOLUTELY true. That means it isn't false NO MATTER WHAT. It is ALWAYS true whether you're a human, a chimp, a rock, a thought, alive, dead, happy, sad, the president. It's also true independent of the realization of Truth, meaning it's true even if you're the most ignorant fool who is in max dream mode. It can't be false.

1. Discard this mental garbage that you've collected so far and start from scratch. Truth has nothing to do with any of that.
  2. Contemplate what the word truth actually means. Keep doing this until you get it.
  3. Use the dictionary if you need any help. You don't need anything else.

So what is the point of trying to realize something that is already being realized by itself? What is the point of reaching for Truth if Truth is all there is? I mean if it's something that has to he reached for, if it has to be realized somewhere in the future, is it really timeless? And if it isn't timeless is it really True?

You will understand the point when you realize it. Don't overthink it now.

So what is the point of recognizing ones True nature? I myself have an image of enlightenment as a fix for my problems. A fix for suffering. I think a lot of people want just that. They want to fix their suffering and be happy. But Truth is independent of your personal level of suffering. People try to put Truth into a box which benifites them personally. They care about Truth as long as it helps them complete their little check list of problems and desires. At least that's my motivation.

Nothing wrong with that. Being truthful about what you want is good. Consider this recognition as a step that is getting you closer to truth.

But all of these ideas of Truth, which only serve my own interests, are limited interpretations of the real thing. I, as an ego trying to survive in this world, don't see any point or purpose or meaning in Truth, because it doesn't seem to change any of the things I want to be changed (as it is true independently of change).

The bigger point here is that you seem to be looking for someone to give you the answers to your own life. The problem is that that's not gonna solve the puzzle for you. Only you can solve that puzzle because you know yourself better than everyone else.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

@DefinitelyNotARobot Rather than masturbating about all this, take a psychedelic and test for yourself how you like Truth.

I talk about psychedelics so that you guys stop masturbating and get some direct experience with this work.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

No it isn't realized in the future. It's realized now. Future doesn't exist. Truth is what is, so remove all seeking for future knowledge/attainment.

Problems doesn't exist, only thinking makes it seem like there's a problem. Desire means there's a future goal to attain but if truth is now and happiness is now then look at what's blocking you from being happy now.

And yet I am here asking questions that may or may not go against my own survival. Why? Is that perhabs a pointer towards Truth? The fact that I'm here asking questions is interesting considering that it may hinder my survival. Is that... "calling" the answer?

Questions come from thought and only serves as a distraction from direct knowing. Truth is not a mystery to solve. It's simply being presence. 

I'm being very direct in my communication and might seem provocative. Just want to let you know it isn't meant to be confronting or provocative.

I had this big thing typed which I'll leave because my ego likes it :D Here is the short answer:

There is no end to consciousness, which means it will always grow if you let it. So it's up to you. Do you want greater and greater awareness or not?

Here is the egoic answer:

Life is in a struggle between reality or truth and artificial fantasy. Part of me wonders if it was always this way, and that was one of the founding parts of what makes us who we are, and helps us realise in the end what we are.

The artificial fantasy is constantly trying to justify its existence in some form.
The truth doesn't need to, it just is.

Example:
A person needs to buy a home to start a family.
A company artificially inflates the cost of homes across the market.

A person needs their education to start their career.
Large Barriers to entry are put in place to starting in the first place and certainly correcting a bad choice, or changing careers later.

People often engage in all kinds of artificial distractions to feel good, or fill a void. Which are always temporary at best.
The feeling inside them is seeking authenticity, something that is real. Whether that's connection, purpose, or whatever it is, a temporary thing on top is not going to last.

A spiritual seeker looks to all kinds of symbols, religions, practices, and ideas for answers as to what god is or how to practice spirituality.
God just looks.

Now I'll temper this and say making a profit is fine, I understand the need to fund education, 10% distraction is seen as good thing, and its fun looking into spiritual mysteries as they go on forever. 

5 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

The bigger point here is that you seem to be looking for someone to give you the answers to your own life. The problem is that that's not gonna solve the puzzle for you. Only you can solve that puzzle because you know yourself better than everyone else.

That's actually a very helpful answer. It's something that I often overlook. Thank you for reminding me.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Rather than masturbating about all this, take a psychedelic and test for yourself how you like Truth.

Alright, okay, yeah I got it Leo. You told me a few times already. It's just that my current situation makes it somewhat difficult to get a hold of psychedelics. I'm going to move soon and I hope that that will fix it. I'll be more serious about psychedelics once that has been sorted out.

4 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

Questions come from thought and only serves as a distraction from direct knowing. Truth is not a mystery to solve. It's simply being presence. 

I'll try to keep that in mind. However there does seem to be a tendency to try and solve these perceived problems. Stopping all of that problem solving ironically feels like another puzzle that needs some solving. I guess I'll just inquire further into the "one trying to solve something".

And don't worry about beig to harsh, I actually think that I needed some harsh words right now.

beep boop

On 18/05/2022 at 5:41 PM, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

Man I love your enthusiasm, felt it flow right through my computer screen like a rosy scent of my favourite tea. 

WHY SEEK TRUTH????? WHY????????

Just transcend that biach and let it go forever and be free