thisintegrated

All the MBTI stereotypes are accurate??

229 posts in this topic

On 2022-05-17 at 7:15 PM, thisintegrated said:

INTJs are, typically, just intellectually insecure people who feel a need to prove themselves, be it to themselves or to the world.  They are people without a well-defined place in society, who maybe don't fully fit in, and want to prove their worth by developing themselves to the point where they feel no one can look down on them.  Society gives them an identity of inferiority, so they try to compensate by becoming superior in some specific area they've deemed [with their Fi] to be of value.

Accurate when i was younger and centred orange, after this or more green, Fi is redirected to bailing out the masses from there own incompetence, saving the world complex, instead of visions of praise or grandeur. 

On 2022-05-17 at 7:15 PM, thisintegrated said:

This applies to every other type too.  E.g. INTJs are loners, atheists, cat people, independent, dark, likely to hate everyone, unlikely to want kids, unlikely to drink alcohol, unlikely to smile in photos, far less likely to be into anime than INTPs, likely to wear all black, likely to say "I told you so" or "actually, no one asked you, so..." or "..and?" or "irrelevant", or "enough!".

loner check, was athiest check, dog person wrong, i was a people pleasure and hated conversation but didn't hate people, check check, i smile on photos because i fake the correct personality for socializing, love/loved anime, i would never say does phrases because i was highly aware of people's emotional state and desires and was motivated to strongly avoid conflict and keep people happy and most importantly to make them like me.

So hyper aware of the experience i'm giving the person and crafting the best possible experience for them.

And luckily all that hard eared social intelligence is thrown right out the window in this forum. It's a wonderful thing lmfao

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

27 minutes ago, integral said:

i was highly aware of people's emotional state and desires and was motivated to strongly avoid conflict and keep people happy and most importantly to make them like me.

This sounds unusual for an INTJ.  INTJs usually only want respect/admiration, and don't really care how others feel about them as that's Fe.

29 minutes ago, integral said:

Accurate when i was younger and centred orange, after this or more green, Fi is redirected to bailing out the masses from there own incompetence, saving the world complex, instead of visions of praise or grandeur. 

Interesting.  I seen no examples of Green INTJs, but this does make sense.

9 hours ago, thisintegrated said:

This sounds unusual for an INTJ.  INTJs usually only want respect/admiration, and don't really care how others feel about them as that's Fe.

My mother is an INFP and I strongly absorbed her nature, I was in a Ni-Fi dominant state and very gentle, A doormat, unable to say no and no assertiveness. The way I made people like me was by being amazing at anything they wanted me to do and I was under a lot of self imposed stress to accomplish any goal. Ni-Te was in service to others, not my self. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

On 5/21/2022 at 1:13 PM, integral said:

My mother is an INFP and I strongly absorbed her nature, I was in a Ni-Fi dominant state and very gentle, A doormat, unable to say no and no assertiveness. The way I made people like me was by being amazing at anything they wanted me to do and I was under a lot of self imposed stress to accomplish any goal. Ni-Te was in service to others, not my self. 

Sounds a lot like my own life. I'm not sure my mother is an INFP however, I don't understand mbti well enough yet to be able to know what either of my parents are.  But my parents raised me to be a doormat, overly polite and kind to others, without them being conscious of it, of course.

I had problems with standing up for myself for a long time. I became good at a lot of things that I needed to be good at to please everyone. Since I couldn't stand up for myself I learned to make everyone like me so I didn't have any potential conflicts, which is a valuable skill in a sense. But also emotionally exhausting and unhealthy when done all the time. I became really good at forming friendships, where being more passive and letting people have their way usually is appreciated in the beginning because being with me usually was just good vibes. But it didn't serve me so well at forming relationships, where it's not so attractive for a guy to be a doormat, too agreeable.

I also became pretty good at manipulating people to make myself appear as they wanted me to appear. If a friend wanted to meet me and I rather wanted to be alone to process my feelings a bit i would say yes anyways because I was programmed to never say no if it made other people disappointed. Then I would meet my friend and put extra energy into it so that I could appear to be there really enjoying it so that my friend was satisfied. 

I've resolved most of these issues completely now but sometimes I find myself back in old patterns. Now I'm trying to understand my personality better by learning more about mbti because I like the model and it has been helpful to my understanding of how and why my life has unfolded as it has.

Edited by Asayake

On 5/22/2022 at 2:35 PM, Asayake said:

I also became pretty good at manipulating people to make myself appear as they wanted me to appear. If a friend wanted to meet me and I rather wanted to be alone to process my feelings a bit i would say yes anyways because I was programmed to never say no if it made other people disappointed. Then I would meet my friend and put extra energy into it so that I could appear to be there really enjoying it so that my friend was satisfied. 

I can relate 100%, interestingly doe i said yes to many thing i would of other wise said no to and it opened me up to a bunch of different activities and experiences that where a great part of my life. 

Too many intj's here.  They're my least fav. type.  Uses people in order to accomplish "goals" without thinking it through; the only time they use Fe is for selfish purposes.  Experienced this with nearly every one I've met.  You literally get shuffled into plans you never agreed to, and then discarded when you don't "fall in place".  Not the best type.  They stay butthurt for a long time, too.  Also, superficial.

Also, enfj's - conmen of the mbti - they have no sense of self outside of other people and are some of the biggest fakers you will ever meet.  I love watching entp's take off their masks to show what's really underneath which is usually someone personality disordered in some fashion - healthy enfj's are rare.  They also seek to "own you" in odd ways.  Also, superficial. 

Fave types - enfp - they are pretty loyal friends, not very superficial and I understand them.  I like to go on adventures with them.

Entp - I'm infp and supposedly we don't get along, but my dad is entp and we get along great.  I don't mind their nature so much, but I find it hard to get to know them because they don't understand themselves as well as they should.  They legit just don't understand feelings, so you have to explain situations which require emotions in a logical way - this can get tiresome, but they do offer a lot of different viewpoints, so if you are paradigm stuck, an entp can offer a whole new way of looking at something.

Edited by Loba

32 minutes ago, Loba said:

Too many intj's here.  They're my least fav. type.  Uses people in order to accomplish "goals" without thinking it through; the only time they use Fe is for selfish purposes.  Experienced this with nearly every one I've met.  You literally get shuffled into plans you never agreed to, and then discarded when you don't "fall in place".  Not the best type.  They stay butthurt for a long time, too.  Also, superficial.

How do you know they are INTJ? 

3 hours ago, Loba said:

Entp - I'm infp and supposedly we don't get along, but my dad is entp and we get along great.  I don't mind their nature so much, but I find it hard to get to know them because they don't understand themselves as well as they should.  They legit just don't understand feelings, so you have to explain situations which require emotions in a logical way - this can get tiresome, but they do offer a lot of different viewpoints, so if you are paradigm stuck, an entp can offer a whole new way of looking at something.

It's not that ENTPs don't understand feelings, but that they don't care about feelings.  There's a difference.

Any mature ENTP shouldn't need logic to understand someone's emotions.  Everyone's born with emotions, and everyone, regardless of type, has extensive experience with emotions.  It's only logic that has to be learned.

An ENTP is someone with an emotional understand equal to that of a feeler, but with well developed logic as well??

11 hours ago, thisintegrated said:

An ENTP is someone with an emotional understand equal to that of a feeler, but with well developed logic as well??

Thats what an ENTP would say.

4 hours ago, zurew said:

Thats what an ENTP would say.

Yes??

@thisintegrated He has written a whole book on Jung's metaphysics, but I've never heard him talk about cognitive functions out of the maybe 5-6 interviews I've watched ?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

4 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

@thisintegrated He has written a whole book on Jung's metaphysics, but I've never heard him talk about cognitive functions out of the maybe 5-6 interviews I've watched ?

Assuming this is JP, he's a huge supporter of Big 5. And also obsessed with Jung, like you say. Which yea, honestly doesn't bode so well for cognitive functions, lol

5 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

He's just a random guy.  His ideas likely hold less weight than CS Joseph's, whose ideas are also highly criticized.

I, too, went through a "functions are BS, we should be using the 4 letter system instead" phase at one point.  But actually it's the other way around, we should completely kill the nonsensical 4 letter system, and only use the functions.

Assuming the "author" (a title I guess you assume means something) is like me, he's probably just going through that same phase I went through, but hasn't yet managed to move past it.

There is no reason ISFJ should be the J, when ISFP is the more judging type.  MBTI is broken, but the functions aren't.  Socionics is like a fixed version of MBTI, but if we're not using that then we should at least use the functions.

btw what does that author say about Socionics, has he even heard of it?

Edited by thisintegrated

2 hours ago, something_else said:

Assuming this is JP, he's a huge supporter of Big 5. And also obsessed with Jung, like you say. Which yea, honestly doesn't bode so well for cognitive functions, lol

Bernardo Kastrup. I know about JP's stances on MBTI.

1 hour ago, thisintegrated said:

I, too, went through a "functions are BS, we should be using the 4 letter system instead" phase at one point.

I don't think that is what I'm implying ?

1 hour ago, thisintegrated said:

Assuming the "author" (a title I guess you assume means something) is like me, he's probably just going through that same phase I went through, but hasn't yet managed to move past it.

LOL. The guy has two separate PhDs (got the last one in under a year) and has studied Jung for decades. Whatever phases exist in that realm, he is way past it.

I just think it's interesting that the big boy Jungians I know about (basically just JP and Bernardo ?) do not seem to be very excited about cognitive functions or MBTI.

58 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Bernardo Kastrup. I know about JP's stances on MBTI.

I don't think that is what I'm implying ?

LOL. The guy has two separate PhDs (got the last one in under a year) and has studied Jung for decades. Whatever phases exist in that realm, he is way past it.

I just think it's interesting that the big boy Jungians I know about (basically just JP and Bernardo ?) do not seem to be very excited about cognitive functions or MBTI.

I guarantee CS Joseph is more knowledgeable in MBTI than this "PhD" man which, I take it, you believe means he's an authority??

17 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

I guarantee CS Joseph is more knowledgeable in MBTI than this "PhD" man which, I take it, you believe means he's an authority??

I just think that studying something for decades makes it more likely that you've gone through whatever phases of learning that is supposedly mandatory for that subject, and that one or two PhDs is just a measurement of that, kinda like how a personality test is a measurement of personality.

Now, I don't watch a lot of MBTI youtubers, but I don't see much interactions between different experts in the field, like interviews and podcasts, or MBTI being mentioned in interdisciplinary discussions (like I've mentioned). It's more like everything is just taken as a given, and one is immersed in the process of typing, which is an endless rabbit hole. It seems like a cult almost, or a hobby.

I think JrEg knows what I mean.