thisintegrated

All the MBTI stereotypes are accurate??

229 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

I'm not an extrovert at all. Although my online presence gives off that impression. False impression. I am rarely ok with people, I like to be much with myself. 

I'm an INFJ and people tell me that I give them the death stare. I can be possessed and intimidating. 

And I'm always suspicious. 

These images describe my mind perfectly. 

You are dead wrong on me. 

Nope.  This is not the first time you've been called out that you can't be an INFJ.

You are literally the most extroverted person in the history of this entire forum.

You clearly have inferior Ti.

You clearly have child Ne or Ni.

You're clearly an Fe hero.

And "supporter" describes you better than any other type name.

INFJ has similar functions, but has stronger Ti (which you don't), and is direct type (you're very obvious informative and not direct), and is responding (while you're clearly initiating).

Relating to memes of a type you think has a cool vibe isn't exactly a confirmation.

Edited by thisintegrated

9 minutes ago, soos_mite_ah said:

what are the stereotypes associated with being an ENTJ? 

https://www.personality-database.com/search?keyword=entj&cat_id=30

Basically..

bossy, narcissistic, ambitious, arrogant, likes to be a leader, hard to manipulate, more likely to be evil than other types, elitist, emotionally detached, cold.

Edited by thisintegrated

18 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

"The cortical areas evolved before the limbic system teehee", "sapience evolved before sentience", is essentially what you're saying... or maybe it's your idiosyncratic definition of "logic" as well that is pulling the strings here.

@Benton

Even insects have logic, but no emotion.  Insects need to know what to eat and how to move.  Emotion isn't even beneficial to them, but without basic logic they couldn't exist.  If they're getting eaten alive, surely they must know to try to run away??

Edited by thisintegrated

6 minutes ago, Benton said:

Alright this may be a definitions game. What is your definition of logic?

Being able to understand what is happening.  Being able to recognize danger, or differentiate between good and bad events in the environment.  E.g. "I'm being eaten alive!" or "I'm safe here" or "this animal is different".  Not intellectually, just being able to tell the difference between such things.

Edited by thisintegrated

1 minute ago, thisintegrated said:

Even insects have logic, but no emotion.  Insects need to know what to eat and how to move.  Emotion isn't even beneficial to them, but without basic logic they couldn't exist.  If they're getting eaten alive, surely they must know to try to run away??

...as I thought. You're inhabiting a different linguistic framework than dare I say most of mainstream academia, be it emotions or logic. No sane biologist would ever say insects use logic, or that animals with complex limbic systems can't feel basic emotions like anger. I learned at least that much from wasting a year in college on things like zoology systematics ?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

...as I thought. You're inhabiting a different linguistic framework than dare I say most of mainstream academia, be it emotions or logic. No sane biologist would ever say insects use logic, or that animals with complex limbic systems can't feel basic emotions like anger. I learned at least that much from wasting a year in college on things like zoology systematics ?

Being able to create distinctions between different objects and events is logic, however you look at it.

Logic, at its most basic level, isn't math or anything to do with the intellect.

Edited by thisintegrated

12 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

https://www.personality-database.com/search?keyword=entj&cat_id=30

Basically..

bossy, narcissistic, ambitious, arrogant, likes to be a leader, hard to manipulate, more likely to be evil than other types, elitist, emotionally detached, cold.

wtf lol.... yeah I'm not any of those things lmao...

ok so i looked through this and the only things that resonate are "hard to manipulate" and "have a threatening aura." But there are literally so many of these that I'm sure that if anyone were to scroll through, they'd find something they'd resonate with.   

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

8 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

Being able to understand what is happening.  Being able to recognize danger, or differentiate between good and bad events in the environment.  E.g. "I'm being eaten alive!" or "I'm safe here" or "this animal is different".  Not intellectually, just being able to tell the difference between such things.

You should maybe study some Piaget (maybe that helps to clear up some confusion around SD as well while you're at it ;)).

Notice where "logic" arises:

Piagets-Theory-of-Cognitive-Development.png

Just now, soos_mite_ah said:

wtf lol.... yeah I'm not any of those things lmao...

ok so i looked through this and the only things that resonate are "hard to manipulate" and "have a threatening aura." But there are literally so many of these that I'm sure that if anyone were to scroll through, they'd find something they'd resonate with.   

You sure you're not ENFJ or something?

@thisintegrated Everything except the N came out kind of towards the middle tbh. Don't know if that means anything. Honestly, I don't have a fucking clue. I have been forced to take this test a few times from school/work and I think MBTI is stupid because people act differently in different contexts and personality isn't a static thing. 

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

1 minute ago, Carl-Richard said:

You should maybe study some Piaget (maybe that helps to clear up some confusion around SD while you're at it ;)).

Notice where "logic" arises:

Piagets-Theory-of-Cognitive-Development.png

Do you not realize that language = logic?  Language requires an incredibly high level of logic.  Apes can use tools like saws to cut trees, yet that level of logic doesn't even come close to what a human toddler uses for language.

You try to prove you're right, but somehow end up just proving my point without realizing??

(You can debate me on SD once you're at least Yellow)

Just now, Benton said:

@thisintegrated Are you just playing devil's advocate and arguing for fun? Just curious.

Both.  I don't even keep track of it really.  Half the time it's just devil's advocate, but I never argue for a side that's wrong.  It can be wrong in some way, but never completely wrong.  I could argue that Hitler did nothing wrong, and I wouldn't be wrong, but in some sense it would be.

8 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

Nope.  This is not the first time you've been called out that you can't be an INFJ.

You are literally the most extroverted person in the history of this entire forum.

INFJ has similar functions, but has stronger Ti (which you don't), and is direct type (you're very obvious informative and not direct), and is responding (while you're clearly initiating).

Relating to memes of a type you think has a cool vibe isn't exactly a confirmation.

You have got me wrong on many factors simply because you take me based on my forum presence and you don't know me at all in real life. 

The test is based on real life and not on forum presence. 

Leo interacts a shit ton on the forum and that doesn't make him an extrovert. 

So I looked up the definition of ESFJ and I can see why you are typing me like that although you're missing out core components of my personality. 

People with an ESFJ personality type tend to be outgoing, loyal, organized, and tender-hearted. ESFJs gain energy from interacting with other people. They are typically described as outgoing and gregarious.

I am constantly trying to tell you that I'm very different from what I appear on the forum. Don't take me by my forum impressions. 

I'm not outgoing at all. First things first. I'm a very indoor person, I always avoid going out for all sorts of reasons. In fact I don't even allow people into my room. I strictly prohibit people from entering into my presence. I am extremely happy when I'm with myself. People drain me. 

I don't even allow comments in my journal. My journal is not meant for people, it's meant for me. The only thing is this place is rather comfortable for journaling because of the posting layout and even in my journals, I'm mostly talking to myself. I don't journal for people's comments at all because I like to stay by myself in my journals. Those journals are like private rooms for me where I can be myself. I don't like the private journaling software I use so I journal here. I can journal here even if a single person didn't exist here. 

I only talk to myself both real life and online. I have zero friends on social media and zero social media presence. Some people follow me here for whatever reasons but I have no interest in it.

I easily get freaked out and drained by people's attention. I'm the least outgoing person ever in real life. 

I generally enjoy my own company and this has never changed. If I ever go out I sit alone in cafeterias. I have always been alone when I'm out. I don't like crowds and I generally don't like to be around people and I avoid people when I'm out. 

I often get irritated by people's presence and I move to locations where I can find peace and quiet and be myself. I usually feel drained by people and people have been my biggest problem. 

I have always liked to be by myself. 

I interact with people just for information, not because I enjoy interacting. I rarely ever interact with people in real life, and I don't gain energy from interacting, rather I lose energy so I usually stop after a few interactions. 

So you're completely wrong when you think I'm an extrovert simply because of my forum activity. 

Even on the forum I rarely pm anyone. I have literally zero friends. 

I'm popular for no particular reason other than that I'm weird and people find my absurd behavior fascinating. 

While they are tolerant in general, ESFJs don't approach the world with a completely open mind. Their value systems are defined by fixed ideas about right and wrong, good and bad, smart and foolish, and they tend to categorize everything they see according to such dualistic concepts.

I do look at things black and white but I doubt it is my personality. It has more to do with my bpd disorder. 

I'm intensely and extremely loyal. But so are INFJ. I hold loyalty to be the most important part of a relationship just like typical INFJ. 

6gtt45.jpg

I'm not at all organized. 

I'm tender hearted that's because I'm an EMPATH and that goes well with INFJ. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

30 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

Do you not realize that language = logic? 

? Chomsky would shoot you. In the beginning, language acquisition looks nothing like logic, more like basic imitation of sounds and movements. Children start by acquiring single words and phrases, and only over time, after learning thousands of words, they start to develop advanced grammar.

It doesn't hurt to read some books just because you label it Te or whatever ? For a common definition of logic, I would recommend Kant's "analytic vs synthetic" and "a priori vs a posteriori" distinction. If you miss out on common definitions of things like "logic" or "emotion", communication will of course be hard.

13 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

Both.  I don't even keep track of it really.  Half the time it's just devil's advocate, but I never argue for a side that's wrong.  It can be wrong in some way, but never completely wrong.  I could argue that Hitler did nothing wrong, and I wouldn't be wrong, but in some sense it would be.

So you were the Devil all along. Go figure ?

53 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

Also this describes me perfectly. I see order in chaos. I'm not your stereotypical organized person. 

I'm in organized in a manner that only a fellow  INFJ can understand. 

Organized chaos is what I call it. 

6gtxnx.jpg

I always know where everything is even if it's chaotic. 

59 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

You have got me wrong on many factors simply because you take me based on my forum presence and you don't know me at all in real life. 

The test is based on real life and not on forum presence. 

Leo interacts a shit ton on the forum and that doesn't make him an extrovert. 

So I looked up the definition of ESFJ and I can see why you are typing me like that although you're missing out core components of my personality. 

People with an ESFJ personality type tend to be outgoing, loyal, organized, and tender-hearted. ESFJs gain energy from interacting with other people. They are typically described as outgoing and gregarious.

I am constantly trying to tell you that I'm very different from what I appear on the forum. Don't take me by my forum impressions. 

I'm not outgoing at all. First things first. I'm a very indoor person, I always avoid going out for all sorts of reasons. In fact I don't even allow people into my room. I strictly prohibit people from entering into my presence. I am extremely happy when I'm with myself. People drain me. 

I don't even allow comments in my journal. My journal is not meant for people, it's meant for me. The only thing is this place is rather comfortable for journaling because of the posting layout and even in my journals, I'm mostly talking to myself. I don't journal for people's comments at all because I like to stay by myself in my journals. Those journals are like private rooms for me where I can be myself. I don't like the private journaling software I use so I journal here. I can journal here even if a single person didn't exist here. 

I only talk to myself both real life and online. I have zero friends on social media and zero social media presence. Some people follow me here for whatever reasons but I have no interest in it.

I easily get freaked out and drained by people's attention. I'm the least outgoing person ever in real life. 

I generally enjoy my own company and this has never changed. If I ever go out I sit alone in cafeterias. I have always been alone when I'm out. I don't like crowds and I generally don't like to be around people and I avoid people when I'm out. 

I often get irritated by people's presence and I move to locations where I can find peace and quiet and be myself. I usually feel drained by people and people have been my biggest problem. 

I have always liked to be by myself. 

I interact with people just for information, not because I enjoy interacting. I rarely ever interact with people in real life, and I don't gain energy from interacting, rather I lose energy so I usually stop after a few interactions. 

So you're completely wrong when you think I'm an extrovert simply because of my forum activity. 

Even on the forum I rarely pm anyone. I have literally zero friends. 

I'm popular for no particular reason other than that I'm weird and people find my absurd behavior fascinating. 

While they are tolerant in general, ESFJs don't approach the world with a completely open mind. Their value systems are defined by fixed ideas about right and wrong, good and bad, smart and foolish, and they tend to categorize everything they see according to such dualistic concepts.

I do look at things black and white but I doubt it is my personality. It has more to do with my bpd disorder. 

I'm intensely and extremely loyal. But so are INFJ. I hold loyalty to be the most important part of a relationship just like typical INFJ. 

I'm not at all organized. 

I'm tender hearted that's because I'm an EMPATH and that goes well with INFJ. 

1. Leo only ever gives single sentence answers.  Your writing style is the complete opposite to Leo's, because he's an introvert.
  2. ESFJs are more loyal than INFJs.
  3. I'm an extrovert, yet I don't need people either.  I'm a 100% indoors person, while being an extrovert.  Extrovert doesn't mean outgoing or social.
  4. ESFJs are stronger empaths than INFJs.  For ESFJs Fe is the "hero" function, for INFJs Fe's just their supporting/parent function.
  5. Why would you be "different on the forum"?  If you're quiet irl but loud online, then that's probably social anxiety or something.  This is what happens when an extrovert has anxiety irl.
  6. You've said you have like a dozen disorders, could those disorders not make you an atypical ESFJ?  Just imagine what you'd be like with every single problem 100% fixed, would you be closer to the ESFJ description?
  7. INFJs are more organized.  They are Ni users, meaning they're more focused and don't like having "too many tabs open".
Edited by thisintegrated

5 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:
  1. Leo only ever gives single sentence answers.  Your writing style is the complete opposite to Leo's, because he's an introvert.

I do too. 

All introverts don't have the same writing style. Ridiculous to expect it to be same. 

1. ESFJs are more loyal than INFJs

Makes no difference. Both are loyal 

Remember MBTIs can overlap a lot. 

1. I'm an extrovert, yet I don't need people either.  I'm a 100% indoors person, while being an extrovert.  Extrovert doesn't mean outgoing or social.

I'm not outgoing or social so I'm not ESFJ because it's given they are outgoing. That's what the internet says about their general behavior. Now I hope you don't say that even the internet is wrong. It seems everyone is wrong except you. 

1. ESFJs are stronger empaths than INFJs.  For ESFJs Fe is the "hero" function, for INFJs Fe's just their supporting/parent function.

Again overlapping. A lot of things can overlap. There is no exact measure for empathy. MBTI gives you an overall view. You cannot pick apart tiny things from it because you can't exactly measure those tiny things. It's supposed to be a rough sketch or comprehensive analysis of personality because you never quantify a personality word to word. Tiny changes in behavior happen every day. 

EMPATH is not my hero function by the way. 

I have never seen my Fe as a hero. 

I always see myself as an advocate which is INFJ

1. Why would you be "different on the forum"?  If you're quiet irl but loud online, then that's probably social anxiety or something.  This is what happens when an extrovert has anxiety irl.

I'm not loud. Not by any means unless people like you choose to give me excessive attention (which I absolutely do not appreciate and I'm a 100% sure that it has much to do with my gender more than anything else, which I can't help, I should probably change my gender on my profile to male for the likes of you who overly drool on me for whatever goddamn reason haha. I'm sure a man with my kind of personality would never attract this kind of attention on this forum. So there's that) 

I do have anxiety but that's not the reason why I don't interact with people in real life. I just don't like being around people, I already explained it, I live an introverted existence. 

Dude, I have been diagnosed with autism. Most autists are introverts. I don't have any extrovert bone in me. I genuinely hate being among people. Call me for a party at your house and I'll never turn up. 

Although social anxiety and autism impacts my social skills, the core reason I don't have friends is simply because I am not a people person and I like to be myself. 

If I ever have friends it will be like one loyal friend and that's it. 

You can call yourself an extrovert but I'm not an extrovert. 

Calling me loud is kinda unfair because I am forced to give responses and reactions to people the way I'm forced to give you now, and that makes me look loud. Not because I intend to look loud. People hog my attention from all sides even without me wanting it. This does not make me an extrovert, it only makes me miserable. 

I'm very much misunderstood and I hate that I have to keep clarifying every time. 

I'm an advocate so I get triggered when someone says something that goes against my advocacy like you were spreading misrepresentation on bpd, my advocate personality puts me into action and that gives the wrong impression that I'm an extrovert. 

I'm none of the things described below. 

6gu1wl.jpg

6gu1tr.jpg

I'm none of the things described above 

I'm not talkative at all. In all of my past relationships, all my boyfriends used to talk over me, and I would talk like 10% and they would talk like 80%. 

I was always in a relationship with ENFP and extroverts because as an introvert I tended to get attracted to extroverted people. 

I'm not social at all. 

I'm not friendly. I push people away. People complain about me. 

I'm not out going. 

I don't like attention. But people give me without me wanting it. 

I usually spend time alone. 

In fact I do a ton of journaling. And journaling is my favorite way of spending time alone.. 

1. You've said you have like a dozen disorders, could those disorders not make you an atypical ESFJ?  Just imagine what you'd be like with every single problem 100% fixed, would you be closer to the ESFJ description?

I have a ton of mental disorders because INFJs are associated with it. But there could be INFJ who don't have mental disorders. 

Look at this. 

6gu0vw.jpg

1. INFJs are more organized.  They are Ni users, meaning they're more focused and don't like having "too many tabs open".

My tabs are open simply because I'm too lazy to close them. I'm a Pisces and Pisces can be lazy. I don't even log out of the forum out of laziness. Not every trait has to be some MBTI function. 

@thisintegrated also I don't even consider responding to people on a forum a form of social interaction. I'm simply responding to questions, it's my empathy that causes me to want to help people, it has absolutely nothing to do with extroversion. 

I'm not even friends with anyone here 

You would have more friends here than me despite me having spent 4 years here. 

And my style of interacting here is simply responding to people which is obvious if someone talks about me, I'll respond to them, that's not even an extrovert thing at all. 

Edited by Preety_India