thisintegrated

All the MBTI stereotypes are accurate??

229 posts in this topic

I've realized something.  Almost every stereotype is accurate about every type.

ESFJ:  (https://www.personality-database.com/profile?personality=4&category=30)

How is that possible?  Well think about it.  Why are ESFJs considered "likely to have been spoiled as children"?  It's not that being a FeSi somehow causes the parents to spoil you.  People only become ESFJs when their lives are so easy they have no need to develop logic, no need to develop creativity, no need to be smart, no need to achieve anything as everything's already provided for them.  When life doesn't demand anything of you, instead of developing logic/intelligence, you develop a sensitivity to emotion, or sensory experience.  This leads to being prone to BPD, mood swings, self-pity, etc.  and is why stereotypes are accurate.  

INTJ:  (https://www.personality-database.com/profile?personality=15&category=30)

This applies to every other type too.  E.g. INTJs are loners, atheists, cat people, independent, dark, likely to hate everyone, unlikely to want kids, unlikely to drink alcohol, unlikely to smile in photos, far less likely to be into anime than INTPs, likely to wear all black, likely to say "I told you so" or "actually, no one asked you, so..." or "..and?" or "irrelevant", or "enough!".

See how it's all super specific and is nothing but "stupid stereotypes" ..yet ~90% of INTJs will relate to every single one of these points.  INTJs are, typically, just intellectually insecure people who feel a need to prove themselves, be it to themselves or to the world.  They are people without a well-defined place in society, who maybe don't fully fit in, and want to prove their worth by developing themselves to the point where they feel no one can look down on them.  Society gives them an identity of inferiority, so they try to compensate by becoming superior in some specific area they've deemed [with their Fi] to be of value.

Have a look and see if your type's stereotypes are accurate.  I think this is actually a very good way of confirming a type.

Note:  Here's what you want to be selecting:Screenshot 2022-05-18 002847.png

Edited by thisintegrated

51 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

applies to every other type too.  E.g. INTJs are loners, atheists, cat people, independent, dark, likely to hate everyone, unlikely to want kids, unlikely to drink alcohol, unlikely to smile in photos, far less likely to be into anime than INTPs, likely to wear all black, likely to say "I told you so" or "actually, no one asked you, so..." or "..and?".

See how it's all super specific and is nothing but "stupid stereotypes" ..yet ~90% of INTJs will relate to every single one of these points.  INTJs are, typically, just intellectually insecure people who feel a need to prove themselves, be it to themselves or to the world.  They are people without a well-defined place in society, who maybe don't fully fit in, and want to prove their worth by developing themselves to the point where they feel no one can look down on them.  Society gives them an identity of inferiority, so they try to compensate by becoming superior in some specific area they've deemed [with their Fi] to be of value.

:o

9 minutes ago, Akashic said:

How can you call INTJs insecure and then say this? Looks like projection there

Anger is a common manifestation of insecurity.  INTJs usually really hate feeling exposed, like someone's figured them out, and the carefully constructed outward persona has been shattered.

This is why NTPs usually love MBTI, while INTJs hate it and try to invalidate/dismiss it.  Of course there are exceptions.  NiTe users have to be particularly lucky or open-minded to not just immediately dismiss MBTI.

12 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

:o

?????

Well I know you're atheistic, @AtheisticNonduality, but do the other points fit you too?

Edited by thisintegrated

1 minute ago, Akashic said:

There's nothing to shatter dude.

I can tell you're upset by these revelations.  Feel free to ask me to clarify anything you need.

recently binged Pinterest's posts about INTPs and that was quite the experience

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

15 minutes ago, Osaid said:

recently binged Pinterest's posts about INTPs and that was quite the experience

What did you learn?

17 minutes ago, Akashic said:

People like you, who make these kinds of threads, are the true insecure ones.

No one's upset at you. Don't flatter yourself.

My man.. you really need to work on that Fe.  Barely anything I say is fully serious.

Maybe if you spent more time studying psychology you'd be familiar with techniques such as undermining the opposition and demonstrating social awareness.  And then there's just Fe-specific language, which should make the nature of my posts even more apparent.  I really shouldn't have to explain this stuff, but the younger INTJs are dark and serious, I guess.  No Fe = no getting through to you?‍♂️

Edited by thisintegrated

16 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

What did you learn?

Well, it seems quite a few of my specific quirks and mannerisms are common among the INTP type, whereas before I thought it was arbitrary and unrelated. You're right when you say it's super specific, unlike a lot of astrology posts. This is like astrology for smart people.

A lot of the posts were describing specific quirks or mannerisms or phrases, which was funny to see articulated in a post, but it was also behavior I myself was mostly aware of, I just never bothered to associate it with being an INTP, so it was more entertaining than useful. But there was also some insightful stuff about how we interpret and react to stress and other challenges in life. Overall, I'm pretty impressed. 

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

4 minutes ago, Osaid said:

Well, it seems quite a few of my specific quirks and mannerisms are common among the INTP type, whereas before I thought it was arbitrary and unrelated. You're right when you say it's super specific, unlike a lot of astrology posts. This is like astrology for smart people.

A lot of the posts were describing specific quirks or mannerisms or phrases, which was funny to see articulated in a post, but it was also behavior I myself was mostly aware of, I just never bothered to associate it with being an INTP, so it was more entertaining than useful. But there was also some insightful stuff about how we interpret and react to stress and other challenges in life. Overall, I'm pretty impressed. 

Here's the most comprehensive list you'll find about "INTP quirks"

https://www.personality-database.com/profile?personality=13&category=30

Any other INTPs here should also find this interesting.

25 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

Here's the most comprehensive list you'll find about "INTP quirks"

Nice list. That's a cool website. I like the character feature.

I'm motivated now to study MBTI so I can identify other types and look them up lol

For any INTPs reading this:

https://www.pinterest.ca/search/pins/?rs=typo_auto_original&q=intp&auto_correction_disabled=true

This meme below is accurate.i made 5 post here asking help about my loneliness.i got the answer of why i am lonely from this meme.

RDT_20220518_1651028260084864938701729.jpg

25 minutes ago, flyingguitarist said:

GetImage (1).png

images-22.jpeg

Where did u get this meme from .give the link of the group

Edited by itachi uchiha

14 hours ago, thisintegrated said:

ESFJ:  (https://www.personality-database.com/profile?personality=4&category=30)

How is that possible?  Well think about it.  Why are ESFJs considered "likely to have been spoiled as children"?  It's not that being a FeSi somehow causes the parents to spoil you.  People only become ESFJs when their lives are so easy they have no need to develop logic, no need to develop creativity, no need to be smart, no need to achieve anything as everything's already provided for them.  When life doesn't demand anything of you, instead of developing logic/intelligence, you develop a sensitivity to emotion, or sensory experience.  This leads to being prone to BPD, mood swings, self-pity, etc.  and is why stereotypes are accurate.  

I sense a severe case of pulling-out-of your-ass-itis. Then there would be an excess of ESFJs in wealthy social democracies like Norway. I know a bunch of non-ESFJs (including myself) that are spoiled brats. My mom is an ESFJ, and to say that she didn't have to work hard would be absolutely ridiculous ?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

14 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I sense a severe case of pulling-out-of your-ass-itis. Then there would be an excess of ESFJs in wealthy social democracies like Norway. I know a bunch of non-ESFJs (including myself) that are spoiled brats. My mom is an ESFJ, and to say that she didn't have to work hard would be absolutely ridiculous ?

The stereotypes don't lie.  Have a look at the link.

I mean literally one of the stereotypes is "she's your mum"

Edited by thisintegrated

51 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

I mean literally one of the stereotypes is "she's your mum"

????

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.