Someone here

What's the most worthwhile goal in life?

In your opinion, what's the most worthwhile thing to pursue in life?    42 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion, what's the most worthwhile thing to pursue in life?

• Money
    • Sex
    • Fame
    • Success
    • Knowledge
    • Wisdom
    • Happiness
    • Truth
    • Love
    • Other(let me know I the comments)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

35 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

Sorry I don't understand what you mean by that.  

Would you elaborate? 

it means my goal is me, to mine my own treasures to plumb my vast depths to access  the sublime mysteries of this existential being

@gettoefl you like talking in a poetic mysterious ambiguous way, don't you ?;)

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

20 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@gettoefl you like talking in a poetic mysterious ambiguous way, don't you ?;)

yea maybe the first two but i wouldn't say it is ambiguous, it is direct and visceral at least to me

i discovered what's valuable to me and i go after it with a laser pointed intensity

Erratically throwing away happiness from love, success, fame and wisdom even, in the pursuit of understanding.

If happiness does not come as an accident to understanding, then I am at war with it, but only then.

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

What is love for you?  Do you mean as finding a romantic partner who you fall in love with? Or developing the capacity to love all of creation ..the good and the bad?

The latter I'd say.

I think the former is something else. Its an awareness of what one could have. However, without the all-encompassing love, the latter is always defined in large part by its lack. In contemporary society, the romantic relationship promises something it cannot deliver. 

The former, to my mind, is a sharing of a love one is already aware of. And, to the extent that the latter form of love is missing, the partners will look to take such love from each other. 

How about you? What is love for you

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

The search for brutal Truth

To awaken then die, then be reborn.

Fall asleep. Awaken. Die in a new way. Bloom again.

Wash, rinse, spin. Do it again. Become devastated then be born again. Shiny and new. Light hearted and light as a feather.

Becoming identified = falling asleep ,,,,, again and again     Worn to a frazzle.

Discovering dimensions and treasures,,, Love and loves,,, Loves and Love

Empty yet full.  The depth of sorrow reveals yet more beauty and truth. Tears flow again 

Love becomes hidden then appears again as an experience

The eyes have died. Yet, the eyes have it! They see more than can be explained

Depression vanished somewhere on the path only to be replaced by anguish. Deep contentment takes its place.

My seeing becomes feeling. It feels the way. The Love has more depth, yet,  it is indifferent. Empty but full.

There's no explaining it except I'm the same as you. 

If I were ewe I'd be a lamb and you would be me. We could count sheep while we pee.

In irreverence, we can go #1 together and laugh.

Later on it will be #2. I would rather do that alone.

#2 is dookie do. You have to relax to let go. It works better that way.

There will always be difficult days. Life as a human being is just that way.

Laugh and be free and you'll be okay. 

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

26 minutes ago, Ulax said:

The latter I'd say.

I think the former is something else. Its an awareness of what one could have. However, without the all-encompassing love, the latter is always defined in large part by its lack. In contemporary society, the romantic relationship promises something it cannot deliver. 

The former, to my mind, is a sharing of a love one is already aware of. And, to the extent that the latter form of love is missing, the partners will look to take such love from each other. 

How about you? What is love for you

Nice description. I agree. 

Love to me comes in two kinds as I mentioned in my question to you.  Romantic love and metaphysical love. The latter is indeed more important and more potent than the first.

Since love is one of the highest vibrational frequencies.. it makes sense that you can raise your vibration with the power of love.

It doesn't matter what you're loving, only that you're feeling those awesome high-vibes because when you harness the power of love you can change your life.

Love is really the law of attraction in action! 

You want to think only of what you love, see what you love, hear what you love, do what you love and always FEEL what you love.

Feeling love for something is what sets the manifestation in motion - it's the thought and feeling together that make it happen

Love is a powerful high-vibe invisible force. 
Everything you want to be, do or have comes from LOVE.
When you harness the power of LOVE you can change your life. 

Sometimes you float along in life, wanting love, connection, the deepest heart connection. But Love sometimes surprises you, it doesn’t just show up how you think it will. And it is always better than you imagine it will be. You can’t force it, will it to be, or make it happen. It’s a beautiful mystery.

-Osho

1 hour ago, Reciprocality said:

Erratically throwing away happiness from love, success, fame and wisdom even, in the pursuit of understanding.

If happiness does not come as an accident to understanding, then I am at war with it, but only then.

Why is understanding the top value for you ?

Can  you break it down to more fundamental building blocks?  Like what exactly is the understanding that you are seeking?  Is it a mean to an end or a goal into itself? 

-Osho

10 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

The search for brutal Truth

To awaken then die, then be reborn.

Fall asleep. Awaken. Die in a new way. Bloom again.

Wash, rinse, spin. Do it again. Become devastated then be born again. Shiny and new. Light hearted and light as a feather.

Becoming identified = falling asleep ,,,,, again and again     Worn to a frazzle.

Discovering dimensions and treasures,,, Love and loves,,, Loves and Love

Empty yet full.  The depth of sorrow reveals yet more beauty and truth. Tears flow again 

Love becomes hidden then appears again as an experience

The eyes have died. Yet, the eyes have it! They see more than can be explained

Depression vanished somewhere on the path only to be replaced by anguish. Deep contentment takes its place.

My seeing becomes feeling. It feels the way. The Love has more depth, yet,  it is indifferent. Empty but full.

There's no explaining it except I'm the same as you. 

If I were ewe I'd be a lamb and you would be me. We could count sheep while we pee.

In irreverence, we can go #1 together and laugh.

Later on it will be #2. I would rather do that alone.

#2 is dookie do. You have to relax to let go. It works better that way.

There will always be difficult days. Life as a human being is just that way.

Laugh and be free and you'll be okay. 

I  like it ^_^

-Osho

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

Why is understanding the top value for you ?

Can  you break it down to more fundamental building blocks?  Like what exactly is the understanding that you are seeking?  Is it a mean to an end or a goal into itself? 

@Someone here The understanding may be "components" themselves of us, but are themselves never made of components.

Understanding is not a calculation, even though calculations may aid us to its end. The parts themselves of our calculations, those are the understanding. (which means that understanding is made of finite resources, as in adding upon itself logoritmically and not linearily as pretty much everyone believes, there are an infinite amount of fantasies to be held, these accumulates upon themselves given some some initial understanding and more often than not drowns them. The most complex theorems of math are by analogy, only representations of some understanding which itself is not complex.

I seem to find it amazing how the mind creates naturally this whole thing without conscious effort at presence, the understanding is for me the appreciation/representation of what is already done, could I one day show people of any culture, any class or predicament what they have always done and known subliminally, then I guess that connect to a higher aim, as you ask for.

To represent the understanding is different from reducing it, instead of saying that the radiator,fan,gpu,cpu comprises the pc and substantiates it by the composition itself I would only find accidents, I could sit here for a week and find millions of accidents of the computer, the computer would be a different idea than when I begun zooming in, but this idea would itself be irreducible to the sum of all these components if given a new such week.

It is literally mystical as fuck, that there is such a thing as understanding, I am at awe to no end. The components are always and will always be retrospectively combined in order for us to feel validated in our understanding, but the success-rate one may feel in doing this is inversely proportional to the significance of the understanding itself.

So instead of reducing and equating I predicate things on other things, that is, the understanding of division predicates numbers, without dividing some identity in half there could be no distribution of the relation between the two halves on a third etc. "3" is literally possible if and only if the abstraction of say "rocks" are given you in, but not from, the experience of many, and then divided in half. Then there is the set of everything, rocks, trees, humans... This is a transcendental predicate, a priori, it is not a summation of all the sets, instead it is there WITH any sets. 

These halves are then every rock you ever experience (even those in the background, it is even because of this distribution that they can go unnoticed in the background), the duality is not between "you and the rock" but between the rock and its manifold.

There is always more to something than its predicate, the understanding is whatever is more, you do not have to think about the predicate to understand, that is only a characteristic of retrospective combination.

To connect to minimal cohesion giving the possibility of human endevours, that is a top value for me, but it has nothing to do with humans in particular, it has to do with any and all possible intelligent emergent forms of consciousness, so the value regards the connection to the necessity of existence.

Edited by Reciprocality

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

@lxlichael

3 hours ago, lxlichael said:

You are so wise my good friend, I am so proud of you @Reciprocality.

Lol, should I change name to The Wise Erratic? No, how much misanthropy for instance, can be combined with wisdom?

Edited by Reciprocality

Because "life unfolds in chapters" your best goal depends on the context of your life. So maybe the best meta-goal for this purpose is context awareness at all times in your life. 

@lxlichael Now you are just trolling me, I got that Peter tingle.

What's worthwhile? To understand our true natures and to be true to it. Know thyself.

All stories and explanations are false.

Life is a revelation. The highest goal is to become an effective conduit for the information, and learning to enjoy the process is the art.

Edited by AsclepiosMx