Sharpadox

Resistance To Action Ruining My Life

13 posts in this topic

Hello, Im writing about a serious problem that I have in a combination with other things. For years now I have this resistance stopping me from doing things that are important to me. It seems impossible to make myself do my college homework or to brush my teeth, I just quit. I want to change, but don't know how. If we look at things from the standpoint of psychoanalysis I might have a very strong Death drive and a weak libido. I found two books by Steven Pressfield on what I pressume is my problem, except for me resistance has utterly ruined me. The books are named "The War of art" and "Going Pro". What do you think about resistance ? 

Don't you start brushing your teeth or do you start but stop before you're really finished?

Why? Do you feel like teeth decay is something you don't want to stop?

Embrace the resistance, and dance with it in full awareness.

Edited by Soulbass

I did for a long time in my life repeatedly eat very little. I was kind of in a war state against myself. This is a miserable way to live. It is basically an inconsequent way of suicide. 

The only way out is to find something you like about life. 

The thing is: If you would consider suicide then you basically find, life is worthless to you. So it wouldn't be of any harm to just stick around a little longer and try out a few things that could possible be fun. While you're doing that, you better brush your teeth. A full set of natural teeth is very valuable. If you live long enough, you might regret spending money for less perfect artificial teeth.

@Sharpadox I think there's something about releasing resistance in The Sedona Method, this method is also an aid to help you raise awareness as per the 'Awareness alone is curative' principle

Also try not to force yourself to change or judge yourself for not changing, you may be creating an obligation out of these things which can increase resistance 

Maybe allow yourself to completely take it easy and do what you want, get in touch with things like playfulness or joy and it may spur you to feel more calm and then ready to take action naturally as you bring those good feelings into everything else you do 

@Saarah Thank you, thank you, thank you. I feel finally free of resistance after seeing Leo's video about resistance where he talks about the sedona method. I feel like my life could change, thank you so much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^_^

16 minutes ago, Sharpadox said:

@Saarah Thank you, thank you, thank you. I feel finally free of resistance after seeing Leo's video about resistance where he talks about the sedona method. I feel like my life could change, thank you so much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^_^

"Take it easy" that's all he wanted to hear lol. Now he can continue doing nothing and being lazy

Here's my key; Philosophy. A freak like me just needs Infinity.

@Sharpadox Hey there. Just saw your post. Maybe this can still be helpful to you. So, you're definitely hard on yourself. It shows up in the way you write. Try to hear your own self-judgment. Meaning, becoming self-aware. Resistance in my exploration comes up AFTER you pass a criticism or judgment onto yourself. But it can be subtle, and that's why awareness is king. So here's how it usually happens: 

- You do something, and your well trained mind passes some sort of self-judgment onto yourself. This part is usually unconscious until you get good at catching yourself

- Pretty soon, you'd get some sort of ill feeling, or you'd find yourself behaving in some familiar unproductive way that you can't seem to break out of. This stage is pretty easy to catch. As soon as you catch it, go to the next step...

- You help yourself by releasing the ill feeling or the thought that drive it. Use the Sedona method, meditation, or at least give yourself a internal hug. Or, if that's too much to handle in the moment, then first break up your state by: take a walk, relax yourself, or do a little exercise. When state breaking is done, come back and re-conjure up the ill feeling or try to hear the self-judgment you had passed onto yourself in step 1 and 2, and employ Sedona method, Meditation or whatever other techniques to gently release the underlying conditioning.

You probably have multiple negative patterns that need deprogramming. But if you are diligent, you should be able to deprogram yourself to the point of "normalcy" within in a few months. Diligence meaning to be aware and work on yourself everyday. "Normalcy" means things are easier to handle and you have a way of handling that's more productive.

And all this is to get you to become kinder to yourself. Because that's where resistance come from. Think of a parent and child. The child may misbehave, but it only truly began to resist the parent AFTER the parent shows impatience or a critical response. That's effectively what you are doing to yourself internally. So you have to get the parental part of you in line first. And then you can get the child part of you to deprogram. That's pretty much the map. You can do it. 

Glad to see you're getting through it! I have been experiencing quite a bit of resistance my self lately... It's a weird thing, knowing what I should do but feeling so much resistance against doing it.

@Sharpadox resistance is just an emotion use the Sedona method I found is the best way as it works directly on releasing emotions. There's one where you holistic realease on Resitance. I was as bad as you and after doing the cd I can enter flow whenever I want (although I had resistance to listening to the cd that would get rid of my resistance at first though so may have to force yourself to listen)

It's cd 6 in this set.

http://www.sedona.com/programs/practical-freedom.asp

I can email you the cd file for the resistance for free if you want send me a private message.

I used to have this same problem. If you're like I was your issue was that you tend to push yourself neurotically and burn out very quickly.

Take it easy for a while and learn self-compassion. Gain self-knowledge and awareness so you aren't pursuing your goals neurotically. 

I find that these sorts of things tend to be symptomatic of deep, systemic issues that will take a lot of patience to resolve. Keep watching all of Leo's videos and really let the lessons sink in. 

I recommend just getting to work and not putting to much pressure on yourself to get certain results. Learn to just enjoy yourself and your life.

The 70 videos from these two playlists are a good start. Know them like the back of your hand. If you don't feel motivated enough to take notes on them yet, just start by having them on in the background while you chill out. 

Eventually, you will grow out of your theory junkie phase and be inspired by your robust knowledge base to take action.

@Sharpadox contemplating can help. Ask yourself, what is resistance? Why do you think you have it? What role is it playing? Etc. And observe the kind of answers you brains comes up with but try to dig deep. 

I was doing it the other day and I realised the core reason why I was having resistance and was procrastinating, and still procrastinates is due to fear. Fear of uncertainty and getting out of my comfort zone. Doin the hard messy work. That was huge for me.

I still have resistance but now at least I know why.