Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chives99

Examples of God realised 'people'

3 posts in this topic

Its a complete mind fuck that  non-duality isnt the end of the awakening process and that enlightened teachers aren't fully awake, what does a god realised person look like , how are they different from non- dual awakened people. Is Jed mckenna god realised? Adyashanti? any youtubers? . If I ask an enlightened speaker if they're god, they laugh and say "there is noone".

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

You're correct, nonduality is not the end of the awakening process -- though it does have finality since separate identity is seen-through irreversibly. When enlightenment happens there's no one else who is unawake, so it's hard to talk about this, but anyway... xD Examples of not just fully enlightened, but also those who have abided here in this way long enough to be effective as a teacher:

Bernadette Roberts, Rob Burbea, Jed McKenna (pseudonym; likely born Peder Sweeney)

Currently accessible: Angelo Dilullo MD (Simply Always Awake), Adyashanti

And plenty of Zen teachers.

And I don't know if Leo has been awake long enough and in such a way for him to effectively do one-on-one guidance for liberation -- I certainly can't yet. I think it probably takes like 10 years but that's basically just a slightly educated guess.

That's just off the top of my head, not wanting to make a mistake somehow by listing more. There are certainly many more -- especially for nonduality, but enlightenment on the other hand is really uncommon in relation...

So to speak...

But again when enlightenment happens it's obvious that truly, no one is really unenlightened anyway.

And your intuition is correct, that there are no enlightened "people." Any one who relates to another one is not the enlightened one, but an after-image of the underlying enlightened truth -- the clothes (ego-suit) that the unbound-by-ego enlightened one wears.

Something that I imagine very easily gets mistaken for enlightenment, but is actually not even nondual recognition, is a sort of state that can be brought about with self inquiry, concentration + insight practice, even psychedelics sometimes... Many, including Adyashanti, call it Witnessing. Or "The Witness." Akilesh (Sifting to the Truth; perhaps enlightened but has definitely at the very least reached nonduality) calls it the spacious mind. Rob Burbea called it the vastness of awareness. It's kind of like you're God looking in at experience rather than out (though it's not really describable so definitely don't take that literally; it's kind of a figure-ground-reversal), and seeking and self and objects are replaced with pure consciousness without conceptual activity; pure subjectivity. This is an incredibly blissful state, but it's not nondualty, and certainly isn't enlightenment... though it's very easily going to be virtually synonymous with what's called initial kensho... and as long as you don't think you've personally attained enlightenment, you'll definitely at least realize that enlightenment is real (truth exists). When the consciousness and the world disappears (often, but not necessarily, after spending a lot of time in this Witnessing state), that's nonduality -- identity is seen through; self falls away in a sense. When the perceptual filters responsible for constructing a self, themselves (the filters/layers of contracted energetic illusion) fall away though, via an ongoing automatic curiosity-desire-inquiry... that is associated with enlightenment.

Edited by The0Self

On 16/05/2022 at 9:00 PM, Chives99 said:

Its a complete mind fuck that  non-duality isnt the end of the awakening process and that enlightened teachers aren't fully awake, what does a god realised person look like , how are they different from non- dual awakened people. Is Jed mckenna god realised? Adyashanti? any youtubers? . If I ask an enlightened speaker if they're god, they laugh and say "there is noone".

They look like a guy with short brown hair, with a quirky, 1 threaded fringe, shortly cut beard and whitish skin IF you look right into the middle of your heart.