SageModeAustin

This finding truth is useless Jordan Peterson is more useful lol

15 posts in this topic

Just realized when I was manic as fuck following this forum trying to figure out “truth” was a necessary part of my journey but wouldn’t recommend it as something to figure out because you’ll never figure it out.

people like Jordan Peterson

christianity

Buddhism 

Understanding good vs bad is enough for you to play the game whilst pursuing truth naturally 

I remember leo shitting on Jordan Peterson and myself too cause I was super into this forum but I realize how absurd thst was lol good luck 

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

This forum is full of bs and negativity. You dont need to go crazy about truth. But some truth and spirituality will always be good to balance your life. If enligthenment happens amen, if not amen aswell. 

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link

27 minutes ago, bliss54 said:

I agree man, I noticed the people seeking 'enlightenment' are generally the most miserable people

You can be really happy without enlightenment. Its a bonus

I fell down that trap the past few years and it caused me to isolate myself even more and not be able to relate to anyone

You just summed up my current existence. Thanks!

@SageModeAustin I see your point. But your report here on this forum just proves you want to go beyond good and evil to realize what the game is really about. Doesn't it? I like Jordan Peterson and many of his survival strategies but when I look at him I don't see joy. He is still trying to survive off his meds. That's fine, he is a human, like us. I do like him, but you and me, we know that there are deeper questions to be asked. We don't have to make such strict distinctions, though.

Just now, Fernanda said:

@SageModeAustin I see your point. But your report here on this forum just proves you want to go beyond good and evil to realize what the game is really about. Doesn't it? I like Jordan Peterson and many of his survival strategies but when I look at him I don't see joy. He is still trying to survive off his meds. That's fine, he is a human, like us. I do like him, but you and me, we know that there are deeper questions to be asked. We don't have to make such strict distinctions, though.

The fact they are on this forum at all is denial itself. This forum is pretty spirituality dominated. They just made a thread on a website that is spirituality /consciousness focused and claimed that those who are in that path are miserable and how they themselves are less miserable.

Projection- To put your inner state onto something outside of you. So because trying to walk the path of Spirituality isn't fulfilling for you, to avoid feeling negative feelings you claim the others who are pursuing it are somehow miserable and are just fooling themselves.

The many games the ego plays..... I feel bad so I point at you and say you are bad. Now for the obvious response, to accuse me for pointing this out as me projecting or being somehow insecure or bad. Oh the wonderful games we play as humans. Instead of taking accountability for our actions, our thoughts, and emotions we continually point outwards in delusion a label something. 

You will then say that is exactly what you are doing, EXACTLY the only way to call someone out on something...is to recognize that trait IN YOURSELF. So anytime you become upset at something or someone....you are actually upset at yourself. Your entire life is a mirror, whenever you point your finger at something...you are pointing at yourself.

The difference between me and you....I'm aware that as I write this message....I'm pointing at myself. LOL.

i

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

@Razard86 exactly. And as I was writing I was pretty conscious I was talking to myself ?❤

For most people JP is at their level of need in life.

What we are doing here is pretty advanced, as I say.

Yes, Truth is sorta useless. However, Jordan Peterson's teaching are all about seeking Truth, even though he himself hasn't really found it. So it's a bit of blind leading the blind with him.

You can say Truth doesn't matter, but actually it's the only thing that does.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I would disagree that JP is more useful than Leo.

For me, Leo's work is about how to enable the developer mode in the game of life. JP's work is about playing the game that you are in, in a better way. 

If you went, I don't this game I've created, and I want to create a game that I like playing, then you would need to understand things like how to animate, game design, coding, etc. which is what Leo's work is like.

If you are in a game and want to speedrun it and get the top score in that speedrun, then JP's work is the best.

It's not like one is better than the other, it's more of what you want from life. I personally get immense value from Leo's work as it helps me understand systems, the assumptions people make, the assumptions I make, the way they believe those assumptions so sincerely, how to deconstruct that, etc. 

I like that since my passion is understanding suffering and creating a system to get overcome it and understanding why the method works.

14 minutes ago, Vido said:

For me, Leo's work is about how to enable the developer mode in the game of life. JP's work is about playing the game that you are in, in a better way. 

Nice! ;)

@Twentyfirst

JP has had legitimate mystical experiences, but this isn't what he is describing here, although it's certainly related.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Wanna succeed as a Blue?  Find a Blue teacher.

Wanna succeed as an Orange?  Find an Orange teacher.

Wanna succeed as an Turquoise?  Find a Turquoise teacher.

If you need Orange teachings, of course a Turquoise teacher will be pretty useless for you.

2 hours ago, Twentyfirst said:

Have you seen this by JP? It seems like he had an awakening but simply misinterpreted it and went back to sleep.

I have not seen that video but I know he's had some mystical experiences. That's good, but the problem is that he's not gone nearly deep enough into mystical experience and so he's conceptualizing about God a lot. And he's overly attached to making sense of God using the Christian paradigm -- which is extremely corrupt and limited.

He would need many more and deeper awakenings to start to really wake up. He would also have to seriously deconstruct much of his worldview, which would be his biggest challenge because he's so attached to it.

To be fair to him, it's very easy to fall back asleep after a shallow awakening or two.

2 hours ago, Vido said:

I would disagree that JP is more useful than Leo.

Usefulness is relative to whatever your goals are. As you grow your goals can change drastically.

JP is very practical for most people on getting their life together.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You can say Truth doesn't matter, but actually it's the only thing that does.

For some people it’s like your ground before you even start living. 

Not that everyone should be like that though, the people closest to God are the most depressed when it’s absent. 

What's funny is that according to JP, truth is super important. So if you really take JP seriously, you will sacrifice everything for Truth. Which brings you to me ;)

The irony is that JP himself doesn't understand how right he is, because he hasn't sacrificed it all for Truth. He's pointing you to it, but he hasn't done it. Because it's fucking scary.