MrTouchdown

Why do you think you are dreaming (if you do)?

34 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, MrTouchdown said:

What is the surprise?

Impossible to share, but namely that only YOU exist.

45 minutes ago, MrTouchdown said:

Can you wake up from your dream? If not then is it really a dream?

I would say , that i can.

There are more accurate perspectives compared to other perspectives. There are perspectives that can include other pespectives.

If we want to get the most accurate perspective, we should use an infinitely big perspective, which includes all possible perspectives.

We could call that becoming infinitely conscious.

The only way you can know, that you are sleeping right now, if you actually wake up. You cannot judge it from lower, you can only judge it from upper. Because when you are having a dream ( not a lucid dream ) , then you are not conscious that you are dreaming in that moment, you only realize that you were dreaming, when you wake up from the dream.

So reversing back my point it being unfalsifiable, it can be tested. Its only unfalsifiable in your current state of consciousness.

Edited by zurew

26 minutes ago, zurew said:

I would say , that i can.

There are more accurate perspectives compared to other perspectives. There are perspectives that can include other pespectives.

If we want to get the most accurate perspective, we should use an infinitely big perspective, which includes all possible perspectives.

We could call that becoming infinitely conscious.

The only way you can know, that you are sleeping right now, if you actually wake up. You cannot judge it from lower, you can only judge it from upper. Because when you are having a dream ( not a lucid dream ) , then you are not conscious that you are dreaming in that moment, you only realize that you were dreaming, when you wake up from the dream.

So reversing back my point it being unfalsifiable, it can be tested. Its only unfalsifiable in your current state of consciousness.

Since you claim to be dreaming right now what is beyond your dream? In other words when your dream ends what will you wake up to?

Just now, MrTouchdown said:

Since you claim to be dreaming right now what is beyond your dream? In other words when your dream ends what will you wake up to?

There is nothing beyond my dream. There is only perception change when i wake up, how i view myself and the world.

Notice, that you haven't experienced anything that was outside of your dream.

4 minutes ago, zurew said:

There is nothing beyond my dream. There is only perception change when i wake up, how i view myself and the world.

Notice, that you haven't experienced anything that was outside of your dream.

How about me? I exist beyond your dream.

Just now, MrTouchdown said:

How about me? I exist beyond your dream.

You are inside my dream. :ph34r:

I don't know if it is that I am dreaming, or if there is just another layer to be observed just an onion peel away, and that there is more going on "under" the layer.  Perhaps that is what we wake up to, maybe our dreams are more alive than we think?

gifts-from-nature_orig.jpg

Like this dude, would have the keys or something to a place like this, a heavenly, multidimensional town made out of pure consciousness because why not?:

7o0n9zW.jpg

Edited by Loba

Just now, zurew said:

You are inside my dream. :ph34r:

This is false. Assuming you have an experience I am not inside of your experience. I have my own life. My life does not depend on your dream.

13 minutes ago, MrTouchdown said:

This is false. Assuming you have an experience I am not inside of your experience. I have my own life. My life does not depend on your dream.

I am inside your dream, you are inside my dream. 

Can you tell me anything that was or is beyond your dream? If not, then why assume that anything can be outside of it?

1 minute ago, zurew said:

I am inside your dream, you are inside my dream. 

Can you tell me anything that was or is beyond your dream? If not, then why assume that anything can be outside of it?

I can't prove or disprove your existence so I must simply say I don't know.

Why do you think I am inside of your experience?

I think it's a form of anthropomorphism onto reality.

"I can dream, therefore reality must be a dream."

"We have computers which can simulate stuff, therefore reality must be a computer simulation."

"Humans can be loving, therefore God must be love."

Etc.

Edited by Blackhawk

5 minutes ago, MrTouchdown said:

I can't prove or disprove your existence so I must simply say I don't know.

Why do you think I am inside of your experience?

This comes back to the same lines we have discussed already. You can't prove nor disprove it using your current level of consciousness.

This problem can only be solved, by looking at it from an infinitely big perspective that includes everything.

Infinity the only thing that includes everything even its own self. So if you think about it, your question can only be solved using infinite consciousness.

You can say, that its imposibble to have an infinitely big perspective, but thats the only way to solve existential problems and questions.

@MrTouchdown 

try making experiments within your own dream-reality. Recentely, I wanted a goal to be accomplished and it involved a person (a "character" in my dream). I had a little resistance if I should give the next step I imagined or not. Then I realized...if I am dreaming and I am the only conscious being, maybe I can ask the universe (myself) for a specific sign from this other person. I designed what that sign would be, very specifically, it was a very possible one,  and just let it go. Hours later, the sign was confirmed, then I took the next step I had already designed (imagined). I just had 3 words after seeing the signs confirmed, as Leo said, oh my GOD! OH MY GOD! If it wasn't very specific like it was I would have doubted myself, impossible in this case! WE can really talk and interact with the universe, but it requires courage, contemplation, proactivity and receptivity.

It requires a lot of attention to keep awake in the dream, but I guess we get used to that. It's like learning how to walk for the first time. Like Leo said, we can keep zooming into the figments of imagination. It's like playing with yourself. Verifying is the honest way.

You can keep awakening, as you do every morning.

56 minutes ago, Fernanda said:

try making experiments within your own dream-reality. Recentely, I wanted a goal to be accomplished and it involved a person (a "character" in my dream). I had a little resistance if I should give the next step I imagined or not. Then I realized...if I am dreaming and I am the only conscious being, maybe I can ask the universe (myself) for a specific sign from this other person. I designed what that sign would be, very specifically, it was a very possible one,  and just let it go. Hours later, the sign was confirmed, then I took the next step I had already designed (imagined). I just had 3 words after seeing the signs confirmed, as Leo said, oh my GOD! OH MY GOD! If it wasn't very specific like it was I would have doubted myself, impossible in this case! WE can really talk and interact with the universe, but it requires courage, contemplation, proactivity and receptivity.

@Fernanda Excellent advice!