Bufo Alvarius

Peter Ralston NEW statement about psychedelics

305 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Its the same thing silly - If it's indeed enlightenment.  What I meant was for him it was not triggered via meditation.   There's no "meditation enlightenment" and "psychedelic enlightenment".

but there are different depths and different durations. and also different purities, there may be part of the ego, nothing at all, it may be a total trance that lasts a week, it may be an instant. everything is the same in short, but different level. Anyway, i think there are natural enlightenment that are more deep that with psychedelics, but only a belief, who knows, for now, diving in small depths

4 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

but there are different depths and different durations. and also different purities, there may be part of the ego, nothing at all, it may be a total trance that lasts a week, it may be an instant. everything is the same in short, but different level. Anyway, i think there are natural enlightenment that are more deep that with psychedelics, but only a belief, who knows, for now, diving in small depths

When you wake up from the dream you wake up.  There aren't infinite depths to that. God Realization is quite simple. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

32 minutes ago, BenG said:

:x So saith the truest ancient gospel.

I think they also fix the problem of needing to argue on internet forums about what enlightenment is. xD

Or maybe not... :/

:P

2 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

When you wake up from the dream you wake up.  There aren't infinite depths to that. God Realization is quite simple. 

You had a enlightenment experience of one day if I remember correctly. but then the ego came back. So, are you enlightened like your nickname says? obviously not.  that experience recontextualize your mental landscape, but has the ego dissolved again? Is there infinity in your mind when you close your eyes? Or do you only remember that experience? That's ego, you are sleeping, even you awoke one day. 

The god realization it has to be at the present moment, if not, it's ego. remembering it over and over again makes it a religion. maybe that happens to you?

3 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

You had a enlightenment experience of one day if I remember correctly. but then the ego came back. So, are you enlightened like your nickname says? obviously not.  that experience recontextualize your mental landscape, but has the ego dissolved again? Is there infinity in your mind when you close your eyes? Or do you only remember that experience? That's ego, you are sleeping, even you awoke one day. 

The god realization it has to be at the present moment, if not, it's ego. remembering it over and over again makes it a religion. maybe that happens to you?

If you are asking me if I'm lucid - 

its when I choose to be.  You forget a key factor.  God wants to forget he's God.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

If you are asking me if I'm lucid - ifz when I choose to be.  You forget a key factor.  God wants to forget he's God.

If God wanted that, he would never remember being god. God wants things to be exactly the way they are, right? but those of us who seek enlightenment do so by our will, because we want that and we act accordingly. I guess you could say God wants us to. what you said before about the depth, I do not agree. I can realize God meditating for a moment, a flash, or I can spend 10 days drooling in ecstasy like Ramakrishna. they are both realizing god, but of different depth. I seek more depth, but not as much as a saint. the just one to live this life in total freedom. But who knows, once you start something you never know where is the end

27 minutes ago, JoeVolcano said:

God-realization is a dream.

Why? Obviously reality is. Is=god. Seek in yourself. You are

Edited by Breakingthewall

1 minute ago, JoeVolcano said:

Experience is not reality

I don't understand what it means. If you mean experience as something that is happening, I agree. the absolute is not happening, it is. happening is appearance. to realize god is to realize that you are, with unlimited depth. you can say: "realize" is an experience. well, we are in the apparent, everything is experience, but we experience that there is no experience, there is being

5 hours ago, Michael Jackson said:

Are you kiddin' me? Peter is obviously not awake.

9_9

Don't be a fool.

On 5/20/2022 at 8:09 AM, Brivido said:

If someone has a different brain chemistry from birth, that's luck to me. I speak from direct experience, I can get into a nondual state just by meditating for 10 minutes and I consider myself lucky, since other people seem to struggle for years without achieving anything remotely similar (I have worked my ass off to reach this stage and I still consider myself lucky). 

That is just a cute story that you have read somewhere. With a deep enough awakening you will realize that there are no others and no-one needs to be saved. You are God and God doesn't need to be saved by anyone.

Nope its not a cute story, with a deeper awakening you realize how things actually work. There are levels to awakening. Infinity of Gods is a thing. Jesus stated it and many other Enlightened Gurus have verified it as well. If you seek long enough you may attain it.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

23 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

False.  You haven't experienced "classic" enlightenment. 

Excellent! And True :))

On 5/15/2022 at 7:25 PM, Vibes said:

"Psychedelics only work on the brain, and so can only alter your mental state and perspective..."

I have experienced the "physical world" including my body as being inside my own mind. It literally feels like everything is inside my head (but it's not the human head/brain, those are inside my mind). It is undeniable.

I wonder what Peter Ralston would say about that.

Yes, everything is inside the self which is you and me and I and no I and everything and nothing. Eternal, unchangeable, immovable, all knowing, knowing nothing, undying, death searching, immaterial, yet dreaming of flesh and bodies. How shall it stop the dreaming, that is the big question.

Speaking as someone who is probably about as enlightened as it's possible for a human to be, I can't help noticing that many people here get mightily pissed when others don't bow to their superior knowledge.

OK, so many of you have different ideas about enlightenment.

Probably best not to get too religious in your thinking. The whole point is that whatever you think enlightenment is, you're wrong. 

Apparently.

Why does god need to use imaginary chemicals to awaken to itself? What’s stopping someone from reaching the “5-meo state” without 5-meo? Imaginary brain chemistry I suppose? 

The mind creates too much noise.  The “philosophy” of “non duality” is part of the noise.   I prefer the shamanic path which focuses on healing and connection with the medicine.  If you vaporize Bufo, you will know what there is to know within the first minute.   There is nothing to gain from talking about it.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

4 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

The mind creates too much noise.  The “philosophy” of “non duality” is part of the noise.   I prefer the shamanic path which focuses on healing and connection with the medicine.  If you vaporize Bufo, you will know what there is to know within the first minute.   There is nothing to gain from talking about it.

The question is, are you more conscious after the trip? be honest. 

14 hours ago, BenG said:

Except me. I know exactly what it is and I’m the only one who’s right. 

On 7/3/2022 at 7:23 PM, Inliytened1 said:

You missed his point. What he thinks about it is also irrelevant, and not it.

If you wash your hair too often, it gets greasy more quickly.

If you use an inhaler habitually, your asthma is more easily triggered.

if you use chap stick on your lips too much, your lips get dry more easily.

If you take headache pills every day, then you develop headaches more easily.

In the same way, if you use psychedelics habitually, then keeping hold of that higher state (raising your baseline consciousness) becomes more difficult. 

Without a shadow of a doubt psychedelics show you the possibility. And for the vast majority of people, meditation seems like a thankless task until or unless you’re shown where it leads. 

So it’s silly to ignore psychedelics. But to realise the condition that makes enlightenment possible, for most people there’s no avoiding the hard work - and that means there’s no avoiding sitting through extraordinary levels of tedium and physical pain, both of which condition you in quite miraculous ways. Psychedelics don’t really do that.

To raise your baseline level, we are talking about an energetic shift - to allow energy to run through you without blockages. Initially this comes in the form of dissolving boredom, dissolving physical pain etc… until the main blockage (the sense of I) is entirely dissolved. 

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

1 hour ago, axiom said:

To raise your baseline level, we are talking about an energetic shift - to allow energy to run through you without blockages. Initially this comes in the form of dissolving boredom, dissolving physical pain etc… until the main blockage (the sense of I) is entirely dissolved. 

That is. 

To achieve this, each one must be intuitive and do what is necessary, understand what hinders free flow, and act accordingly. sometimes psychedelics are necessary, other times meditation, also changing habits, companies, occupations. it is something that encompasses everything