Bufo Alvarius

Peter Ralston NEW statement about psychedelics

305 posts in this topic

On 5/15/2022 at 8:42 PM, Leo Gura said:

It's awakening beyond anything meditation or self-inquiry or his workshops can offer.

This is nonsense.  If the right components fall into place - self inquiry can trigger enlightenment.  Period.  Don't place psychedelics on a higher level just because self inquiry didn't work for you.   You can say that for most meditation and self inquiry won't trigger enlightenment- but that is different than saying you will have a more powerful enlightenment with psychedelics because that is just false.   Enlightenment is prior to the trigger.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 hours ago, BlessedLion said:

Why? Because he doesn’t think psychedelics do either of those?

For someone that's awake Peter should not be so close minded as to think psychedelics couldn't trigger enlightenment.  He's just old fashioned is all.  He should at least be open to the possibility even if he awoke via another method. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, JoeVolcano said:

I could be wrong but it sounded to me that Ralston is just saying those psychedelic experiences aren't themselves enlightenment. And that's absolutely right.

Cheers

Enlightenment is not an experience because there is no experiencer.   It is God Consciousness.   But taking psychedelics could possibly trigger a shift into God Consciousness.  So the whole wording or understanding by Peter is wrong.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

6 minutes ago, JoeVolcano said:

So you are directly contradicting yourself, unless you want to say that God Consciousness is not an experience.

Either way God Consciousness is not enlightenment.

Cheers

It is a mystical state you could say - i.e. pure Consciousness or a non-dual state.   It is isness.   It is Divinity.  Within that isness You can become conscious of various facets.  If it is an experience of machine elves than no, that is not enlightenment.   Because that is the ego experiencing machine elves.  God consciousness is completely void of ego.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

22 minutes ago, JoeVolcano said:

Either way God Consciousness is not enlightenment

You think that God is duality, and beyond God is nothing, and nothingness is enlightenment, right? But where is the difference? Nothingness is god, that's the point . 

2 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

For someone that's awake Peter should not be so close minded as to think psychedelics couldn't trigger enlightenment.  He's just old fashioned is all.  He should at least be open to the possibility even if he awoke via another method. 

No method is direct. It is not a process resulting from previous behaviors that caused it.

2 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

No method is direct. It is not a process resulting from previous behaviors that caused it.

The bottom line is that there are certain tools that can be used for awakening.   Psychedelics are one of them.  Personally I used meditation and self inquiry.   But unlike Ralston I am not ruling out Psychedelics.     Him ruling them out simply shows his lack of versatility.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

This is just gibberish. It takes someone that knows the Absolute to know the Absolute for what it is and also for what it is not. Namely that which has nothing to do with states of mind. This has been said again and again and again and again and AGAIN for thousands of years. You guys think you're really discovering something new with this whole psychedelic thing. Explain to me why EVERY enlightened teacher that's had enlightenment experiences that have also done lots of psychedelics over the course of decades always and unanimously point out that THAT IS NOT IT. Explain to me why that doesn't sink in. They're not dismissing whatever value you may have derived or whatever emotional "healing" may have taken place. They're pointing out that that is just shit that comes and goes and that the mind makes up shit about whatever arises and passes away in experience and becomes yet another conditioned experience that is largely tainted by people's philosophical presuppositions, conditioning, and so forth and that people don't tend to realize that's what they're doing. 

Are you not aware that Brendan, Peter's assistant, that's taking over Cheng Hsin, that's had an enlightenment experience literally drove over to meet Leo to do 5-MeO and still reported "That's not it"? I mean, how much more do this really need to be made clear? Why can't it just be fucking acknowledged that nobody is dismissing the usefulness and power of psychedelics yet just call it for what it is and also what it is not and put it in it's proper place? 

12 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

The bottom line is that there are certain tools that can be used for awakening. 

No there isn't. Enlightenment isn't caused by anything. There are certain things we can do to help facilitate Realization. That's not the same thing though as saying though that enlightenment is caused by something. It isn't. The Absolute transcends causes and conditions. 

It is a mystical state you could say

No it isn't.

1 minute ago, kieranperez said:

This is just gibberish. It takes someone that knows the Absolute to know the Absolute for what it is and also for what it is not. Namely that which has nothing to do with states of mind. This has been said again and again and again and again and AGAIN for thousands of years. You guys think you're really discovering something new with this whole psychedelic thing. Explain to me why EVERY enlightened teacher that's had enlightenment experiences that have also done lots of psychedelics over the course of decades always and unanimously point out that THAT IS NOT IT. Explain to me why that doesn't sink in. They're not dismissing whatever value you may have derived or whatever emotional "healing" may have taken place. They're pointing out that that is just shit that comes and goes and that the mind makes up shit about whatever arises and passes away in experience and becomes yet another conditioned experience that is largely tainted by people's philosophical presuppositions, conditioning, and so forth and that people don't tend to realize that's what they're doing. 

Are you not aware that Brendan, Peter's assistant, that's taking over Cheng Hsin, that's had an enlightenment experience literally drove over to meet Leo to do 5-MeO and still reported "That's not it"? I mean, how much more do this really need to be made clear? Why can't it just be fucking acknowledged that nobody is dismissing the usefulness and power of psychedelics yet just call it for what it is and also what it is not and put it in it's proper place? 

No there isn't. Enlightenment isn't caused by anything. There are certain things we can do to help facilitate Realization. That's not the same thing though as saying though that enlightenment is caused by something. It isn't. The Absolute transcends causes and conditions. 

No it isn't.

You don't know what you are talking about as you aren't awake.  I was talking about triggers.  What is a trigger on a gun?  It is nothing unless the gun is loaded.  If you are not ready for awakening it doesn't matter how much psychedelics you take or for that matter how many years you sit in meditation. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

T

What would that technology do? It'd still be limited to physiology. Modify the brain however you like, enlightenment is not about the brain -- or the body, for that matter.

It is not only possible, but may be the only thing that saves humanity.

Shinzen goes into detail in his book  "The Science of Enlightenment".

https://www.amazon.com/Science-Enlightenment-How-Meditation-Works-ebook/dp/B01KUGQYJO/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2BUNI5JNGVGWO&keywords=the+science+of+enlightenment&qid=1656884238&sprefix=the+science+of+englightenment%2Caps%2C131&sr=8-1

Vincit omnia Veritas.

16 minutes ago, BenG said:

Psychedelics are the best solution to the problem of beating your head against a brick wall trying to understand shit that you never will anyway.

If you’re teaching spirituality and not advocating psychedelics, then, really, what are you even teaching??

Jesus: "come on, man, drop some acid. Love thy neighbor, especially the one who lends you his pipe."

Buddha: "three things cannot be hidden for long: LSD, DMT, and psilocybin mushrooms."

xD

3 hours ago, JoeVolcano said:

unless you want to say that God Consciousness is not an experience.

Either way God Consciousness is not enlightenment.

God is not an experience. God IS experience.

Fully realizing that God is all there is is enlightenment.

Anything other than that is not.

Edited by Michael Jackson

3 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

For someone that's awake Peter should not be so close minded

Are you kiddin' me? Peter is obviously not awake.

1 hour ago, kieranperez said:

Are you not aware that Brendan, Peter's assistant, that's taking over Cheng Hsin, that's had an enlightenment experience literally drove over to meet Leo to do 5-MeO and still reported "That's not it"?

It's not that it's this or that. is that reality is absolute but there is an apparent ego that makes it seem relative and limited. if you transcend that ego, everything collapses into one, and you realize the absolute limitless that you are. it can happen doing 5 meo or fucking with prostitutes while snorting cocaine, but it happens that in the second case it doesn't usually happen, and taking 5 meo there is a tendency for the dualities to collapse and to realize the absolute infinity. if you realize the absolute 100 times taking 5 meo, or fucking whores, you're more likely to realize the absolute when you're home cooking or when you wake up in the morning, or meditating. It's not so mysterious and you don't have to be a monk or have your teacher teach you koans, and talk In misterious way, it's simpler

Edited by Breakingthewall

10 minutes ago, Michael Jackson said:

Are you kiddin' me? Peter is obviously not awake.

Lol.  Don't be so sure 

14 minutes ago, Michael Jackson said:

God is not an experience. God IS experience.

Precisely.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

5-MeO will take you way beyond nonduality and classic enlightenment.

God-realization makes nonduality and enlightenment look like a joke, which they are. Just more dreams.

Keep going deeper ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

5-MeO will take you way beyond nonduality and classic enlightenment.

False.  You haven't experienced "classic" enlightenment. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I think appreciation or gratitude is the best prescription.  We take for granted what is right here.  Psychedelics help us to appreciate but also it can make people attached to a peak state.  Not realizing that what is here is more than enough if we don't take it for granted.  Psychedelics unlocked my spiritual gifts, so of course I appreciate them too.  After the first hit though, I recieved what I needed to recieve. 

In other words,  it can create the wrong attitude conducive to enlightenment.  

Edited by Proserpina

???????

22 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

False.  You haven't experienced "classic" enlightenment. 

Maybe it's true. will have to check it

2 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Maybe it's true. will have to check it

Its the same thing silly - If it's indeed enlightenment.  What I meant was for him it was not triggered via meditation.   There's no "meditation enlightenment" and "psychedelic enlightenment".

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.