Bufo Alvarius

Peter Ralston NEW statement about psychedelics

305 posts in this topic

@Raptorsin7

On 17/05/2022 at 3:19 AM, Raptorsin7 said:

Watch your back. There's no greater insult on the forum then calling Leo a human guy

Hahah

So he basically calls 5-MeO "toad juice" in order to trivialize and ground the matter, I would say. It likely is specially directed to people who start making up cosmologies and idealized fantasies around psychedelics.

But he does acknowledge that changes in state can be positive and conducive to insight.

Before that talk he should try the "toad juice". since he hasn't and talks about it with such confidence, I tend to think that it will be so in everything he says. things learned, superficial, without direct experience

1 minute ago, Breakingthewall said:

Before that talk he should try the "toad juice". since he hasn't and talks about it with such confidence, I tend to think that it will be so in everything he says. things learned, superficial, without direct experience

Yes, anyone who talks so confidently about something they have no direct experience of should not be trusted. 

34 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

As far as I know, he's done his fair share of psychedelics and other drugs. 5-MeO is not one of them. Once did 10.000U (crazy amount, don't remember the unit of measure) of LSD.

He could equally tell you to become conscious of what he talks about before conflating truth with a change of state caused by drugs.

Not against the intelligent use of psychedelics. 

56 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

As far as I know, he's done his fair share of psychedelics and other drugs. 5-MeO is not one of them. Once did 10.000U (crazy amount, don't remember the unit of measure) of LSD.

Yeah but he's talking about 5 meo and he never did . If he did so much LSD, why don't to try 5 meo in strong dose 4 or 5 times, and after give his opinion? I'm still waiting for any of that teachers to do that 

And above all, if they are people who are professionally dedicated to being a spiritual teacher worldwide, and know that many people say that 5 meo takes you to a state of blah blah blah....and you don't check it, to see if it's true or a hoax? you just spout your reactionary talk without knowing what it is? Well...it shows a level

56 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

He could equally tell you to become conscious of what he talks about before conflating truth with a change of state caused by drugs.

drugs temporarily break down your rigid structures and are a fundamental tool to understand the nature of your mind. If they are there, I don't see why not use them. Drugs don't show you the truth, but they can erase the barrier that you are for a moment. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

On 7/1/2022 at 11:22 PM, Breakingthewall said:

drugs temporarily break down your rigid structures and are a fundamental tool to understand the nature of your mind. If they are there, I don't see why not use them. Drugs don't show you the truth, but they can erase the barrier that you are for a moment. 

Yes, they catalyze personal transformation. But Peter's talking about enlightenment.

Overall, I agree with your statement.

Edited by UnbornTao

Ralston calling out Leo on this exact topic. 

I went to a Ralston retreat and have been following Leo for years so it’s interesting to watch this play out. 

Both have changed my life dramatically so it’s sad to see they can’t agree on this but I guess it makes sense too. 

38 minutes ago, BlessedLion said:

Ralston calling out Leo on this exact topic.

I see your call and raise you 30mg of 5-MeO-DMT up your nose.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Shinzen Young believes someday that Technology will be developed that makes enlightnment possible for everyone.  And he is actively involved in the Science to make it possible.  I trust Shinzen over Ralston, who talks about things he doesn’t understand.

Also, microdosing Bufo can be used to teach the brain meditation, since the Bufo brings you right to the present moment.   

Edited by Jodistrict

Vincit omnia Veritas.

@Jodistrict I would be careful about discrediting Ralston so quickly. The man is a genius and has deep wisdom. He’s probably more conscious than Shinzen. 

Read the “book of not knowing” and “pursuing consciousness” and then make that claim. 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I see your call and raise you 30mg of 5-MeO-DMT up your nose.

???

”some people wanna suck on toad juice” 

dead…

13 minutes ago, BlessedLion said:

@Jodistrict I would be careful about discrediting Ralston so quickly. The man is a genius and has deep wisdom. He’s probably more conscious than Shinzen. 

Read the “book of not knowing” and “pursuing consciousness” and then make that claim. 

Shinzen was my meditation instructor and I had the chance to observe him over the long term, so I'll stick with Shinzen.  Also, Ralston states on his webpage that he was involved in the development of EST and Lifespring, which both were kind of cultish, the antithesis of liberation.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

@Jodistrict Eh not too sure about all that cult stuff. I’ll research it. Who knows? Maybe you’re right, I just know Ralston is def a master in this field and knows his shit. I’ve sat with him

2 hours ago, BlessedLion said:

He’s probably more conscious than Shinzen. 

He def is. But he is still wrong.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 5/20/2022 at 3:45 PM, Carl-Richard said:

I had an enlightenment my 3rd ever meditation session B|

I had an enlightenment my first ever meditation session following the breath for 5 minutes :P 

5 hours ago, BlessedLion said:

Oh the irony...

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

11 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

Shinzen Young believes someday that Technology will be developed that makes enlightnment possible for everyone.  And he is actively involved in the Science to make it possible.  I trust Shinzen over Ralston, who talks about things he doesn’t understand.

Also, microdosing Bufo can be used to teach the brain meditation, since the Bufo brings you right to the present moment.

That "technology" is already present, and it is called you!

Have a direct experience to see for yourself. It is direct, meaning you do it. 

Metaphorically speaking: What technology can be invented within the matrix that will make you transcend it? By definition, it still is part of that world.

The one who escapes (awakens) is you. No method is direct. Direct is you. The eye seeing itself, so to speak.

There won't ever be a technology of that kind because you are you. The question wouldn't arise in the first place if you were now directly and deeply conscious of your nature.

What would that technology do? It'd still be limited to physiology. Modify the brain however you like, enlightenment is not about the brain -- or the body, for that matter.

Edited by UnbornTao

5 hours ago, Superfluo said:

Oh the irony...

Why? Because he doesn’t think psychedelics do either of those?

Edited by BlessedLion

38 minutes ago, BlessedLion said:

Why?

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003