Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Focus

How do I think out of what terrifies me?

5 posts in this topic

How do I get ahead of what scared me in the past or what still scares me? 
How do I use my thoughts to think about my fears instead of freezing upon facing them? And actually guide myself out of that mode with ease? 

If there’s a situation that I know I’m going to be nervous/fearful at even when I’m fully ready, how do I disallow that fear from lingering and blocking my mind?

best example Eminem at his first rap battle when he shocked, how do I don’t shock?

Truth you don't find. Truth finds you. Sooner or later. What you then do, no one knows. If you knew, it would already have found you."

~waveintheocean

2 hours ago, Focus said:

How do I get ahead of what scared me in the past or what still scares me? 
How do I use my thoughts to think about my fears instead of freezing upon facing them? And actually guide myself out of that mode with ease? 

If there’s a situation that I know I’m going to be nervous/fearful at even when I’m fully ready, how do I disallow that fear from lingering and blocking my mind?

best example Eminem at his first rap battle when he shocked, how do I don’t shock?

I've found that sitting with the fear and feeling it fully to be the best way. That allows it to be fully transformed into a higher emotion.  

1 minute ago, WelcometoReality said:

I've found that sitting with the fear and feeling it fully to be the best way. That allows it to be fully transformed into a higher emotion.  

Yes, exactly

It's your reactivity to the fear which lets it persist. Welcoming your fear happens through tapping into the vibration of courage, and that's essentially already getting you out of fear. It's a higher feeling. And then you can transmute courage into acceptance. Try to tap into those feelings now. Remember a time you felt courageous and acted despite of fear. And then a time that you could just accept something. The reason your fear persists is because you are cut off from the sensations of the fear because you're not willing to feel it fully. You are reactive to your fear. So you get into your mind, and then you become apathetic to your fear. Now you are not even in fear anymore and so you can't get out of fear from apathy. You need to step into the fear in order to transmute it into courage and the into acceptance. Otherwise you're gonna be sitting there looking at your fear forever while sitting in apathy and then wondering why it doesn't go away. An MMA fighter when he does his first fight, he sees that his fear is normal. He doesn't become reactive to it. He learns to sit with it and he uses the intensity of it to become more present. He uses courage to generate a pro-active relationship to his fear. And eventually inside the ring, he lets go of the fear and courage completely and he is in acceptance fully. He's fully present.

And also, probably, in the rest of your life you have a bad relationship to courage as well. So you your subconscious all together doesn't really have any history of success in transmuting fear into courage, and so now it's also not natural to you. The thing is, the more you learn to become comfortable with fear, and the more you have these successes of getting out on the other side into acceptance, the easier it becomes. Eventually fear is fun. You don't even have fear anymore if you learn how to transmute. It's more excitement than anything else. 

@JonasVE12 well said. Also sometimes fear can be transformed into anger before going into courage, depending on the situation. But anger is a higher emotional state than fear as it has a tendency to move into action, moving towards what formerly has been seen as fearful than to avoid it. So don't be surprised if anger shows up.