Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kray

White Supremacist Terrorism

13 posts in this topic

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/05/14/nyregion/buffalo-shooting

An 18-year old white male went on a shooting rampage, killing ten people at a supermarket in Buffalo. He specifically targeted a supermarket in a black neighborhood, and has admitted this to be racially motivated. Why isn't the media reporting on this as an act of terror? Why is it that this kid got to surrender and have a try in court, when innocent black men don't even have that luxury? 

Terrorism is usually a term reserved for minority groups as it's a military tactic used by those without power to instill fear in those who do.  Generally, something like this is referred to as a hate crime, when somebody uses their power or privilege to persecute a group that is more vulnerable than them in society.  I'm not defending it, just explaining the dynamic that is likely at play and why people see it a certain way.

On 5/14/2022 at 11:37 PM, Topspin715 said:

Terrorism is usually a term reserved for minority groups as it's a military tactic used by those without power to instill fear in those who do.  Generally, something like this is referred to as a hate crime, when somebody uses their power or privilege to persecute a group that is more vulnerable than them in society.  I'm not defending it, just explaining the dynamic that is likely at play and why people see it a certain way.

You are failing to understand that white supremacy is essentially a conspiratorial political agenda, it's a system.

The sad fact that we have to come to terms with is that white nationalism has moved from a fringe ideology towards becoming (or more accurately returning to) a mainstream narrative on the American Right, thanks in no small part to a for-profit media environment that rewards Bad Actors for radicalizing thier audiences.

In an environment where people like Tucker Carlson and Steven Crowder are given a free lisence to broadcast fascist conspiracy theories to tens of millions of people, is it any wonder that some portion of those indoctrinated into a belief that an impending genocide is about to swallow thier race will decide to take action and start killing people?

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

On 5/14/2022 at 7:40 PM, kray said:

Why is it that this kid got to surrender and have a try in court

Muslim terrorists have also gotten court trials.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Muslim terrorists have also gotten court trials.

I think they mean when cops blast an entire clip into an unarmed black man, who isn't resisting and has his hands up.  

Edited by hoodrow trillson

36 minutes ago, hoodrow trillson said:

I think they mean when cops blast an entire clip into an unarmed black man, who isn't resisting and has his hands up.  

If you can find me bodycam or bystander footage of this scenario, I'll change my profile pic to the BLM logo for 30 days.

I need at least 30 seconds of context before the shots are fired, and their hands have to be solidly up for 5+ seconds before the shots are fired. And they can't be walking away toward a vehicle or bag or anything while their hands are up.

Edited by Yarco

3 hours ago, hoodrow trillson said:

Yes I'll be sure to find documented instances of this with your arbitrary rules you [censored]

Do you think any evidence of such a scenario exists except eyewitness testimony from biased family members or friends?

The closest I've ever seen to an unjustified shooting was Daniel Shaver. White guy shot in a hotel hallway, even in that case I'd argue it looked like he was reaching for something.

The term terorrism is reserved for muslims and other non white groups

Top Ten differences between White Terrorists and Others

1. White terrorists are called “gunmen.” What does that even mean? A person with a gun? Wouldn’t that be, like, everyone in the US? Other terrorists are called, like, “terrorists.”

2. White terrorists are “troubled loners.” Other terrorists are always suspected of being part of a global plot, even when they are obviously troubled loners.

3. Doing a study on the danger of white terrorists at the Department of Homeland Security will get you sidelined by angry white Congressmen. Doing studies on other kinds of terrorists is a guaranteed promotion.

4. The family of a white terrorist is interviewed, weeping as they wonder where he went wrong. The families of other terrorists are almost never interviewed.

5. White terrorists are part of a “fringe.” Other terrorists are apparently mainstream.

6. White terrorists are random events, like tornadoes. Other terrorists are long-running conspiracies.

7. White terrorists are never called “white.” But other terrorists are given ethnic affiliations.

8. Nobody thinks white terrorists are typical of white people. But other terrorists are considered paragons of their societies.

9. White terrorists are alcoholics, addicts or mentally ill. Other terrorists are apparently clean-living and perfectly sane.

10. There is nothing you can do about white terrorists. Gun control won’t stop them. No policy you could make, no government program, could possibly have an impact on them. But hundreds of billions of dollars must be spent on police and on the Department of Defense, and on TSA, which must virtually strip search 60 million people a year, to deal with other terrorists.

Just now, Yarco said:

Do you think any evidence of such a scenario exists except eyewitness testimony from biased family members or friends?

The closest I've ever seen to an unjustified shooting was Daniel Shaver. White guy shot in a hotel hallway, even in that case I'd argue it looked like he was reaching for something.

I'm not going to bite dude, keep it moving.

7 minutes ago, hoodrow trillson said:

I'm not going to bite dude, keep it moving.

Either cops are semi-regularly emptying full clips into totally innocent black people or they aren't.

One of us is deluded on this issue and I'd like to figure out who. I have the ability to admit I might be the one with the wrong worldview here and I'm open to having my mind changed.

We know the answer to that. If he was black, the cops would have taken his life whether he surrendered or not. 

According to his manifesto, he believes we are going to replace the white race and wanted to inspire others to think like him.

This happened in my city and we can’t even go into the grocery store because copy cats have been posting threats online. I feel so bad for the people who died and lost their family members. If karma really exists, how long are white people gonna keep getting away with their crimes and how long do we have to suffer because of their hatred? They truly hate our existence. 

4 hours ago, hoodrow trillson said:

Yeah, of course I get that. But cops also kill white mass shooters every week too. Some of these differences are due to randomness and the fact that quality of cops varies greatly from place to place. It's not like every white mass shooter gets taken alive. A lot of it depends on their willingness to surrender and the precise situation at hand.

Honestly, I have no problem with mass shooters getting shot on the spot if it is obvious they are doing the shooting. Like if the dude is wearing body armor and holding a rifle, just shoot him. But it probably wouldn't look humane to do that if he surrenders and lays down.

Obviously shooting unarmed black people needs to stop. But I don't think that is done intentionally, that's more of a fear-based subconscious knee-jerk reaction a small minority of cops have.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.