youngshinzen

Anybody experienced in developing apps?

12 posts in this topic

I want to build a small and simple app which helps to stay awake during meditation. I have zero experience but would like to work together with someone more experienced so I can learn and realize this project. Is anybody interested?

Sounds fun! How exactly do you want the app to notice that the meditator is falling asleep? I think that will be the trickiest part apart from that you should be able to find tutorials that you can almost copy and paste.

It's not that difficult of a concept. If learning app development is out of the question for you, post an ad on sites like Fiverr, Upwork or freelancer.com. You'll def find someone there to do it for a reasonable price.

10 hours ago, Yog said:

I was going to post this but then you did already :D:D:D

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

@youngshinzen  If you're not going to be the technical guy, you're going to have to do more than just have the idea.

It's going to take some salesmenship.

Not just to customers but also your business partners.

You can get people to work without a salary if you can sell them the dream, convince them it has a high chance of success, and give them a decent equity stake or profit share.

Go get busy!

Market research, talk to your potential market, research profitability of similar products, make projections, make a pitch deck.

Having an idea is the easy part.

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

I've developed many apps. The issue with hiring is it will cost you a small fortune and you wont get the quality of a product your looking for. On average it will be around 10-20k USD for a basic layout + on going expenses for all the changes you will want to make as your idea of the product changes. So its best to do it yourself. Youtube and google has everything you need to know. Start with watching youtube tutorials on how to make mobile apps. Practice, learn, explore, enjoy the experience, then work on the app you want to make. 

Google, Google then google and when your stuck you google and when you want to do something and dont know how you google. Thats the process of building apps even for veterans. Persist until its done and never give up, this is the real challenge, your the bottle neck. So its best to cultivate a addiction and love for the process. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

I think one of those EEG devices would be required to make this an effective idea. The device would be able to notice when your brain waves are in a "sleepy" mode.