puporing

Headache after Mushroom Trips

19 posts in this topic

I've been experiencing light headaches post mushroom trips, it's fairly mild but persistent for days afterwards nonetheless. I am wondering if anyone has any remedies for this (aside from doing fewer trips). Much appreciated! 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Are you making sure you're staying properly hydrated? I have problems with that while tripping. Apparently 90% of headaches are hydration related and between 70% and 80% of adults are somewhat dehydrated.

Edited by Adodd

@Adodd  Thanks for responding! That's very possible I can "forget" to drink enough water at times. Maybe it's like a mini-hangover..

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

@puporing Yeah its especially easy to forget about during and the day after an experience. Next time make sure you're hydrated and update me on this post if it worked. 

Edited by Adodd

@Adodd Sounds good I will definitely try that out, and keep you posted here soon! :) 

@puporing I get violently nauseous and get bad headaches during my trips.

If you can relax and feel into the headache with equanimity then it will dissolve. Try inquiring into the root/source of the headache

@Raptorsin7 It's not during the trip but afterwards. Almost like exhaustion in my head haha. But yes I will try to be more relaxed about it, wasn't an issue until recently.

Just now, puporing said:

@Raptorsin7 It's not during the trip but afterwards. Almost like exhaustion in my head haha. But yes I will try to be more relaxed about it, wasn't an issue until recently.

Maybe try and notice what you're doing after the trip that you aren't doing on the trip. 

Whatever mental habits you're engaging in that account for the difference between your trip and your sober experience may be manifesting as the headache

@Raptorsin7 Yeah okay, I know for sure I am way more intensely focused during trips coz I easily get alot of rapid insights about various things, and almost always wish the trip was longer.. 

Could it be that the dose is too high?

Also, do you take any regular medication or high doses of other supplements/ herbs? Could be some interference upon the metabolism of the mushroom polyphenols with those meds. 

Could also be a particular strain you're sensitive to maybe?

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 Thank you for those pointers!

19 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Could it be that the dose is too high?

Not especially high I think just 3-5grams.

Also, do you take any regular medication or high doses of other supplements/ herbs?

I take some vitamins and minerals but not very much/small amounts hmm.. they were mostly for the heavy metal detox protocol, no other meds but thanks for bringing that to my attention. What kind of meds like to interact with mushrooms? 

Could also be a particular strain you're sensitive to maybe?

Not sure yet haha, I have mostly been sticking with Golden Teacher, and tried one other strain. I'll have to experiment with this some more, I've just been loving GT so much. ?

18 hours ago, Loving Radiance said:

@puporing  I drank at least 1 liter during my shroom trips to not get a hangover. Worked good.

Okay I'm going to try drinking more water next time and see how that goes! 

Thank you everyone for your helpful suggestions. :)

I get the craziest shroom hangovers where basically my brain will be working hella hard, leaving me basically dopamine fried for the next day or so. As trips went on, my brain's capacity to handle it seemingly went up because the hangovers tamed themselves down.

I'll definetly try to remember to drink more water,even though I already drink lots. See if that makes a difference. 

Make sure you sleep a lot. I believe that has made a difference for me. Be going into a trip really well rested, and then go to bed early. 

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

@AleksShamles Good to know it helps you with the headaches! I'll hold off on that for now since it's not so bad yet. : ) 

29 minutes ago, ZenSwift said:

basically my brain will be working hella hard, leaving me basically dopamine fried for the next day or so.

That's what my intuition is telling me too haha.

25 minutes ago, ZenSwift said:

Make sure you sleep a lot. I believe that has made a difference for me.

Makes sense, I usually sleep more after but before sounds like a solid plan.

@puporing Stay hydrated during the trip. Eat carb heavy meal in the morning or prior to your trip. I usually eat oatmeal, bowl of rice, or oven baked potatoes 4hrs before the trip. So I have enough energy and fuel for the trip. 

Also take good care of nutrition the day after your trips. Good supplementation of Omegas, Minerals and Vitamins. 
Also recommend eating walnuts the day after, like a handful. Really does the trick for me.

You probably know these things, just reminding. ??✨

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

@Vincent S Thank you very much for those tips! That actually helps a lot because some were saying to have an empty stomach for absorption, but it makes sense that you would also want more fuel not less and leaving a gap between food and the trip, and replenishment after. :) 

Edited by puporing

6 hours ago, puporing said:

@Vincent S Thank you very much for those tips! That actually helps a lot because some were saying to have an empty stomach for absorption, but it makes sense that you would also want more fuel not less and leaving a gap between food and the trip, and replenishment after. :) 

You’re welcome ?? 
Indeed, precisely so ??✨ 

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

@Adodd I upped my water intake this time and seems to have helped with the headache so far!