Ahbapx

AI that creates Mindblowing Art (Free)

73 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

It is limited to what instructions it receives. So far it does not have a consciousness of its own that arose out of eternities of evolutionary complexification; it has no mind of its own to create its own worlds. It's still a set of pathways that mesh different human-given datas together and is not able to survive outside the womb so to speak, is still dependent on instruction and then reassembling data points. It has no creativity since what it creates is essentially nothing, worthless, bad, so it cannot be said to be creator but rather an ungodly stagnation. It cannot have any existing reference for what a dolphin wearing a space helmet looks like exactly, but it still has the proper parts given as "dolphin" and "wearing" and "space helmet" and such. It may "understand" what a dolphin is, what pattern that a dolphins nose has, what it means spatially/dimensionally to wear something, that a space helmet adheres directly around an object's boundaries rather than ten feet from it, etc. It's just basic logic skills, like how machines play chess. But it's not creative in the slightest, since to be a creator requires agency, and nothing has less agency than something that literally requires programming to function.

How is the AI's creativity different from ours?  Humans use pattern recognition, and so do machines.  If a human wanted to draw a space suit for an animal, they'd rely on past memories in the form of visual data.

No thought is ever truly original.

Edited by thisintegrated

1 minute ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

@thisintegrated Human's will to power.

Yes, that's unique to consciousness, but has nothing to do with creative ability.

Desire isn't the same as creativity.  Creativity is just a tool.

Edited by thisintegrated

Basically, because humans possess a will to power, we may discern of them that they've passed all the proper examinations to reach this level of development and therefore are awarded creativity as a principle, more or less in certain individuals. First, they had to pass the great leap of abiogenesis from non-life, the dead matter of old, into microscopic primordiality of the earliest lives: the lives closest to pre-lives/deaths. Then they ascended through various taxonomical orders and gained complexity along the way, going from mere matter to formed matter as body and body to soul and then soul to mind. All of this is made of countless billions of molecules that make up more billions of organelles that are integral to billions of cells that create great organs and organ systems and organisms and societies. This level of complexity cannot be accounted for by copying certain elements of the human mind like "raw logic" since that just results in dissociative nonsense and hideousness devoid of all the stepping stones like body, soul, and the fullness of the mind. A specific sliver of the mind copied into algorithmic insanity is a failure of life.

13 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

Basically, because humans possess a will to power, we may discern of them that they've passed all the proper examinations to reach this level of development and therefore are awarded creativity as a principle, more or less in certain individuals. First, they had to pass the great leap of abiogenesis from non-life, the dead matter of old, into microscopic primordiality of the earliest lives: the lives closest to pre-lives/deaths. Then they ascended through various taxonomical orders and gained complexity along the way, going from mere matter to formed matter as body and body to soul and then soul to mind. All of this is made of countless billions of molecules that make up more billions of organelles that are integral to billions of cells that create great organs and organ systems and organisms and societies. This level of complexity cannot be accounted for by copying certain elements of the human mind like "raw logic" since that just results in dissociative nonsense and hideousness devoid of all the stepping stones like body, soul, and the fullness of the mind. A specific sliver of the mind copied into algorithmic insanity is a failure of life.

This is very traditional/materialistic logic you'd get from anyone in academia.  Can't say I agree with it.

And it's not really relevant to the subject of creative ability.  Humans are conscious, but the human hardware consciousness uses is, itself, capable of producing creative output, when given instruction.  Or rather, the logic such as you'd find within the structures of the human brain are capable of creative output.  If we can model the brain, we can use software to produce creativity in the same way humans can.

Edited by thisintegrated

Dream_TradingCard (32).jpg

I don't know, I think it's pretty cool, I want to use it in my collage artwork, it would be much easier to mix and match - and add on to my own creations.  I think there is soul in the algorithms.

1 minute ago, thisintegrated said:

And it's not really relevant to the subject of creative ability.  Humans are conscious, but the human hardware consciousness uses is, itself, capable of producing creative output, when given instruction.

Really? A paint brush is creative? I would never believe that. Also the existence of material beings like complexities that led to humans having special traits are not "materialistic" in reasoning of their realness. There is a creative capacity in humans which does not reside in human instruments.

7 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

Really? A paint brush is creative? I would never believe that. Also the existence of material beings like complexities that led to humans having special traits are not "materialistic" in reasoning of their realness. There is a creative capacity in humans which does not reside in human instruments.

Refresh the page.  I meant the brain is a tool, like an engine, just evolved rather than designed.  If we can recreate that engine in software, we can have access to the same capabilities that the brain has.  The engine itself is just a tool, and does nothing until you power it.  The brain also does nothing ..until consciousness powers it.

Consciousness is fundamental.  Consciousness is the source of this material reality.

Edited by thisintegrated

@thisintegrated You're trying to turn technology into a mirror of humanity, which is difficult enough, but you're also attempting to make a mirror of humanity that reflects images of forms faster than humans give such images.

1 minute ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

@thisintegrated You're trying to turn technology into a mirror of humanity, which is difficult enough, but you're also attempting to make a mirror of humanity that reflects images of forms faster than humans give such images.

So it makes sense to start with machines that are already at these level of sophistication: organisms. Genetic engineering is the field of conscious development rather than machines dissociated from how consciousness actually works. Now make a distinction between Consciousness and consciousness to not make conflations here. @thisintegrated

9 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

Yes it's difficult.  That's why we don't have general AI yet, just narrow machine learning.  In time we'll have full general AI though.

7 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

So it makes sense to start with machines that are already at these level of sophistication: organisms. Genetic engineering is the field of conscious development rather than machines dissociated from how consciousness actually works. 

The kind of organisms that you're thinking of aren't conscious.  But in any case, it's not a "this or that" approach we need, but "this and that".  We need to hit the problem from every angle.

blank_tradingcard (24).jpg

blank_tradingcard (23).jpg

blank_tradingcard (20).jpg

blank_tradingcard (19).jpg

blank_tradingcard (17).jpg

blank_tradingcard (14).jpg

blank_tradingcard (16).jpg

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

10 hours ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

But it's not creative in the slightest, since to be a creator requires agency, and nothing has less agency than something that literally requires programming to function.

I think creativity is much more than just having agency. Not just that but, creativity doesn't necessarily requires agency.

We generally say that if i give you a problem or a task and you can find a solution for it that is really efficient and out of the box solution, then we say, that "heyy that was creative dude!".

Its not like AI is 100% equal to programming because the AI progammes itself and adapts itself constantly. Finding better and better ways to do what it needs to do. It can drop older methods to solve a task and can find new ways. When we are generally talking about programming we need to write code for every fucking decision and task. But when we are talking about machine learning and AI we create a model and it finds a solution  and sort of creates its own self. Normal programming and machine learning are different.

Lets think about creative jobs. Creative people can get orders like "paint a picture for me that his this and that one it, and this action is happening on it "or "create a car for me that has this and that in it and capable of doing this and that". If the instructions are clear, then an AI can build/make it just like a human would do.

Yes these machines don't have any agency but they can find pretty spectacular solutions . I want to show you a game, where the AI literally found some bugs and took advantage of those bugs just to win the game. The developers wasn't aware of such bugs. This was a hide and seek game where both the hiders and the seekers were AI-s.

As time went on,  they became better and better at doing their own roles and they started doing fascinating things like what i mentioned about the bugs but others things too. I would definitely call them creative, and they don't need agency imo to be creative. Also don't forget that we can merge with such AI-s so we can use our agency and use their creative capacity to create.

You can read the paper here: https://openai.com/blog/emergent-tool-use/

You can watch a youtube video about it here: 

AI outsmarts its own creators:

Edited by zurew

On 13.5.2022 at 1:00 PM, mmKay said:

Donald Trump works at McDonald's

blank_tradingcard.jpg

???

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Ugly Handsome Squidward

Screenshot_2022-05-17-22-27-33-286_com.mi.globalbrowser.jpg

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

Unlikely_Picnic_TradingCard.jpg

Across_the_aisle_TradingCard.jpg

I'M DONE

4 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Across_the_aisle_TradingCard.jpg

I'M DONE

???? how the fuck did you come up with an idea like that ??