AtheisticNonduality

Where are you in ten years?

50 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Vision said:

@Fearey Thanks. 

What were the top 3-5 things that you did to overcome that situation?

I went through a phase a couple of years ago where I delved balls deep into Integral Theory and Ken Wilber’s work. His work combined intellectually orgasmic concepts into even more intellectually orgasmic concepts ;)  
 

I’m definitely interested in your perspective on it. Also, what are your thoughts on the highest stage he’s talked about; Supermind?

The first thing I did was to take a step back and properly process what had happened, then lay a plan for how to deal with it. I decided to pause my business for a period of about 2 weeks, before dwelving deeply into robotic process automation. I tried out several pieces of software for this, before deciding to primarily stick to one that was very easy to use with easy to follow and build upon logic. It excelled for simple tasks but was lacking for highly complex automation systems, as these would quickly become exponentially more time consuming to build, due to the limitations of the software, and that it certainly was not made to handle systems of such scale.

I went on to use this software to build anything from very simple systems built to do tasks such as automate the creation of emails, in order to use these to create game accounts that could store items that would be sold to players of that game, to highly complex systems that completely automated the process of in-game trading with real players, all while including features that would make the game's auto ban system, and the players alike believe that this automated bot was in fact a real human being. 

After successful trades, it would signal the automation systems on other operating systems (systems connected to the main trader) to initiate certain actions, such as logging into an empty account to store the just obtained items on, log into an account that can trade more items to the main trading account, or initiate a third system to start creating more randomized email addresses or game accounts, in case the amount of freely available, empty accounts fell below a certain amount.

It took a while to get all of this to work efficiently and with a very low fail rate, but when it did, it eventually automated what competing businesses more or less did manually, and allowed me to compete with ease.

 

As for the developmental stages past Turquoise, I would consider Coral to primarily be about a sudden obsessive need for self-discovery, then self-dissolution. Integral stage Violet would then be about what comes after the self identity is gone. 

Violet can become quite passive, and so indifferent to everything that it gets stuck. Living in the moment, and with gratitude enjoying every second of what gets projected in front of its eyes, It won't feel the need to seek for or try to change anything, perceiving what is as already being perfect and the way it was always meant to be (which it is).

Realizing this is what I believe is the catalyst for entering Ultraviolet.

I can't say much about this stage as I still believe myself to be at the very early phases of it, even after 10 months. It seems to differs from Violet in that you become more opportunistic. Much like Orange, but without Orange's short-sightedness and need for constant self-gratification, pleasure, and material growth. While Violet was very emotional, Ultraviolet is more or less without any emotion, viewing everything that occurs in a neutral, non-committal way. Regardless of how it may affect the physical or mental experience.

Regarding Clear Light, or the Supermind stage, I have no idea.

The need for more dissipates completely at Violet, and so whatever comes from there seems to either happen completely by chance, or some other metric that I cannot explain.


INTJ 5w4 from Norway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Fearey

Thanks for sharing. 
 

On 5/22/2022 at 1:57 AM, Fearey said:

Violet can become quite passive, and so indifferent to everything that it gets stuck. Living in the moment, and with gratitude enjoying every second of what gets projected in front of its eyes, It won't feel the need to seek for or try to change anything, perceiving what is as already being perfect and the way it was always meant to be (which it is).

 

On 5/22/2022 at 1:57 AM, Fearey said:

The need for more dissipates completely at Violet, and so whatever comes from there seems to either happen completely by chance, or some other metric that I cannot explain.


If it doesn't feel the need to seek for or try to change anything, how does it get anything accomplished? Do they get things accomplished just out of a sense of want rather than need? How do they function in day-to-day life? 

On a more personal note, I have a question for you; Are you happy? 


Procrastination = Lack of clarity

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” — George Leonard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Vision said:

@Fearey

Thanks for sharing. 
 

 


If it doesn't feel the need to seek for or try to change anything, how does it get anything accomplished? Do they get things accomplished just out of a sense of want rather than need? How do they function in day-to-day life? 

On a more personal note, I have a question for you; Are you happy? 

Violet won't do or change anything just for the sake of it, or to be productive. It only does what it finds necessary.

Violet can therefore have a very difficult time functioning in normal day-to-day life, as it will give little to no importance to what it doesn't deem necessary, and gives no importance to survival needs. This can pose seemingly great problems if they for example were to run out of money. Violet will probably not see this as much of an issue though, although everyone around them certainly will.

I do consider myself quite happy and content.

Edited by Fearey

INTJ 5w4 from Norway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fearey said:

Violet won't do or change anything just for the sake of it, or to be productive. It only does what it finds necessary.

Violet can therefore have a very difficult time functioning in normal day-to-day life, as it will give little to no importance to what it doesn't deem necessary, and gives no importance to survival needs. This can pose seemingly great problems if they for example were to run out of money. Violet will probably not see this as much of an issue though, although everyone around them certainly will.

Why and how don't they see it as an issue? Are they really that content and happy with whatever experience arises in their life? 

What if they became homeless?
 

2 hours ago, Fearey said:

I do consider myself quite happy and content.

Nice :) 
 


Procrastination = Lack of clarity

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” — George Leonard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Vision said:

Why and how don't they see it as an issue? Are they really that content and happy with whatever experience arises in their life? 

What if they became homeless?
 

Nice :) 
 

Basically yes. Although not preferable, becoming homeless would likely not alter their experience much at all, even if their physical wellbeing were significantly reduced. This is probably the biggest shortcoming of Violet.

Ultraviolet too gives no importance to survival needs, but is, in contrast to Violet, extremely unlikely to ever get into a situation where their survival is threatened.

To add, Ultraviolet is similar to Orange in many ways.

Edited by Fearey

INTJ 5w4 from Norway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/05/2022 at 3:03 AM, Fearey said:

Basically yes. Although not preferable

That’s key isn’t it? It’s not preferable for them to be worse off than they are, they would prefer to be in better conditions. But if reality makes it such that their preferences can’t be met, they just accept it?

On 24/05/2022 at 3:03 AM, Fearey said:

becoming homeless would likely not alter their experience much at all, even if their physical wellbeing were significantly reduced. This is probably the biggest shortcoming of Violet.

Why is this a shortcoming?

On 24/05/2022 at 3:03 AM, Fearey said:

Ultraviolet too gives no importance to survival needs, but is, in contrast to Violet, extremely unlikely to ever get into a situation where their survival is threatened.

Why is it extremely unlikely for Ultraviolet to ever get into a situation where their survival is threatened?
 

Is it because – due to having exhausted, or master, Stage Orange – they have mastered nourishing their survival needs?

On 24/05/2022 at 3:03 AM, Fearey said:

To add, Ultraviolet is similar to Orange in many ways.

How so? 
 

Also, I have an unrelated question — I see that you were previously an INTP and now you are an INTJ. What made you realise that you were an INTJ? Or did your MBTI type just change (if that can even actually happen)? 


Procrastination = Lack of clarity

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” — George Leonard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 25/05/2022 at 8:10 AM, Vision said:

That’s key isn’t it? It’s not preferable for them to be worse off than they are, they would prefer to be in better conditions. But if reality makes it such that their preferences can’t be met, they just accept it?

Why is this a shortcoming?

Yes, if Violet can manage to keep living on its own terms, running out of money and ending up on the streets could be considered acceptable to it. The reason I point this as a shortcoming is that Violet has a tendency to be too detached for its own good. If a Violet were to run out of resources and end up on the street, the harsh living conditions that would ensue would most likely plunge it all the way back into first tier for a time, until its problems got resolved.

On 25/05/2022 at 8:10 AM, Vision said:

Why is it extremely unlikely for Ultraviolet to ever get into a situation where their survival is threatened?
 

Is it because – due to having exhausted, or master, Stage Orange – they have mastered nourishing their survival needs?

Ultraviolet could be seen as a more efficient Orange. It works in a similar way, but shares none of the same goals. It likes performing small, subtle actions made to indirectly cause inefficient systems to collapse in on themselves, in order to rebuild them in a way they see as more beneficial to the whole, or replace them with entirely new ones. These actions can prove highly lucrative, but material gains for its own sake is never the end goal.

On 25/05/2022 at 8:10 AM, Vision said:

Also, I have an unrelated question — I see that you were previously an INTP and now you are an INTJ. What made you realise that you were an INTJ? Or did your MBTI type just change (if that can even actually happen)? 

I went a bit futher into their functional stacks, and realized, after having mistyped as an INTP for the longest time, that I was in fact an INTJ. When I tested as an INTP, I would always get INTJ in second, and they would be so close that it could almost be considered a coin toss, even though they have no functional stacks in common.

I think the vast majority of the 16personalities tests are too short to be able to give a conclusive answer on someone's type, but can't say for certain as I don't know how the test results are determined, the math behind them etc.

Edited by Fearey

INTJ 5w4 from Norway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

If I were to pick one song that describes late Coral transitioning into Violet, this one would be at the top of my list:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDHDbF6ILvk

I would not be able to pick one describing the Violet to Ultraviolet transition, as I simply don't know enough about this stage yet.

Edited by Fearey

INTJ 5w4 from Norway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t mind doing what I did today and yesterday in ten years. I studied what I am very interested in at work, I had deep conversations about religion, morality, and health with family members around a bon fire (with a cigar), ate good food, exercised, and had time with my wife and kids. I hope I can develop all those things in ten years—like more sophisticated work, better intimacy with my family, further conversations around the bon fire, and so on. I’ll pass on cancer, but I don’t think cigars cause cancer. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/05/2022 at 2:49 AM, Fearey said:

I went a bit futher into their functional stacks, and realized, after having mistyped as an INTP for the longest time, that I was in fact an INTJ. When I tested as an INTP, I would always get INTJ in second, and they would be so close that it could almost be considered a coin toss, even though they have no functional stacks in common.

I think the vast majority of the 16personalities tests are too short to be able to give a conclusive answer on someone's type, but can't say for certain as I don't know how the test results are determined, the math behind them etc.

@Fearey Okay I see.

I’ve taken multiple different MBTI tests and I get INTP a lot more times than I get INTJ.

I had experienced a phase a while ago where I was wondering whether I was actually an INTP or an INTJ mistyped as an INTP. 

I had read a book called “My True Type” and it further confirmed that I was an INTP.

However, on the outside I am much more like an INTJ. There are people that talk about how some INTPs have the ability to sort of “switch” to an INTJ (as well as its cognitive stack) since “J” types tend to be more favoured in terms of productivity and getting real-world results. INTJs tend to favour real-world results more than INTPs, whereas INTPs value understanding for its own sake more. It’s just preferences so it’s not a bad thing. Every MBTI type has its own place in society so I don’t think any type is necessarily better than the other. 


Procrastination = Lack of clarity

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” — George Leonard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now