AtheisticNonduality

Where are you in ten years?

35 posts in this topic

@Fearey

1 hour ago, Fearey said:

@Vision Yes, I do software development work professionally. Hopefully as a freelancer, soon enough.

A few questions:

• Why did you choose it?
  • Do you enjoy it?
  • Did you go to university for it?

5 minutes ago, Yarco said:

How are you planning to balance a simplistic minimalist life with a high-tech one?

I ask because this sounds like my ideal lifestyle as well. Now Starlink exists to solve my high-speed internet problem. I'm fine heating with wood if needed, and using either septic or composting toilets, and well water.

The big problem is electricity. To have enough solar panels to produce all my electricity would cost at least $50k.

Also if a property doesn't have an existing well, or your well dries up (which happens), it's another $30k to drill another one. Plus a skid-steer to plow a long driveway in the winter if you live up north and want to leave your cabin between December - March and lots of other things. Living off-grid is more costly than most people imagine, especially initial startup costs. And it might end up a lot less simple and minimalistic than you first imagine.

Not saying it can't be done. I've been watching a guy on Youtube create his own homestead on a mountain for the past year. Just that it'll probably cost well over $1M to get everything set up in most places nowadays, and it's extremely hard to get a mortgage on undeveloped land in the middle of nowhere.

@Yarco

Why do you want to be in the middle of nowhere/off the grid?

I'm curious about the same thing. Especially after Hussein's made a couple posts talking about falling behind in education and pursuing a PhD. What's the point of spending money on 7 years of schooling just to go to a monastery? If you're serious about the monastic life and it's the end goal, then just drop everything and go now.

That's interesting. What is the point of that? Taking the question into account literally (10 years) you'd only have 3 years to pay off your student debt, unless you already had the capital beforehand.

@Fearey

That’s interesting, thanks for sharing.

13 hours ago, Fearey said:

In the beginning I loathed it. I actually tried getting into tech long before I started my online business. I watched tutorials on outdated JavaScript, where the teachers didn't include much if any practical application, or mention the importance of putting what is being learned into practice. I knew this is something I "could" get good at, eventually, but never really got into it until I had to, to keep my business going.

Do you enjoy it now?

13 hours ago, Fearey said:

No, I did not go to university for it. My high school grades were abysmal, as I was more or less a depressed wreck all from primary school throughout high school. I had no motivation, got bullied quite a bit, and as a result preferred to stick to myself 100% of the time, playing video games. I was basically stuck in stage Purple until i was 13-14 years old, as crazy as that sounds. Only after high school did things start going well for me.

Sorry to hear about that. That’s inspiring though.

How did you learn? Was it all online? What resources did you use?

And how is your life situation now? Financially and emotionally? 

Just enjoying a peaceful life hiking, finding new music, finding moments of bliss and peace.

Fully Escaped Wage Slavery. 

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

On 19/05/2022 at 4:00 PM, ZenSwift said:

Fully Escaped Wage Slavery. 

That’s it?

You can’t think of anything better to achieve than a negatively motivated goal in TEN years?

I’m sure there’s things that you actually want... other than not want. 

@Fearey That’s really inspiring. 

May I ask how long it took you reach the point you’re at, and how old you are (just a range is fine if you’d prefer)?

19 minutes ago, Fearey said:

A fair bit of time. I got into personal development work back in 2012, shortly after discovering Actualized on YouTube at random. I'm currently 27 years old, so I must've been 17-18 years old back when I started.

As to the point im at developmentally, at least in terms of Spiral Dynamics I think my breaking into Yellow occured back in 2017, and it was out of necessity. I had broken all bridges starting up my solo business, and now all of a sudden, I had to completely rethink everything, to even stand a chance at competing with rivalling businesses doing the exact same thing. Either that, or I'd face bankruptcy. So my push into second tier seems to have come as a result of immense financial pressure, and the fact that I had nothing to go to if I didn't continuously keep innovating, in order to stay ahead.

@Fearey Thanks. 

What were the top 3-5 things that you did to overcome that situation?

23 minutes ago, Fearey said:

I believe myself to be at the Integral Theory developmental stage known as Ultraviolet. There is no name for this stage in Spiral Dynamics, but it would likely be whatever stage gets named 2 stages beyond Coral.

If you're interested, I'd be happy to go more into detail on what I believe these stages are about.

I went through a phase a couple of years ago where I delved balls deep into Integral Theory and Ken Wilber’s work. His work combined intellectually orgasmic concepts into even more intellectually orgasmic concepts ;)  

I’m definitely interested in your perspective on it. Also, what are your thoughts on the highest stage he’s talked about; Supermind?

Living in a hotel, writing books.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

Wow umm.....all this dead super early and suicide talk is so unnerving.....I don't know for me after my near death experience....I really appreciate life more. Everyone in here talks about their death so simply I believe they underestimate how much they love their life....when you truly face your own demise and the end of your Avatar.....you will realize how much you appreciated it. Many people that commit suicide and survive are actually happy they survive. 

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/means-matter/means-matter/survival/

So most of you talking like this.....haven't really faced death. While ultimately you cannot die the life and death of your human avatar can and coming face to face with that is paradigm shifting.....

Anyway to answer the question..... Hopefully somewhere improving on my ability to meditate and connect inward.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

On 12/05/2022 at 8:05 PM, AtheisticNonduality said:

When: ten years from now. Give a description of where.

I'm rich, ripped and enlightened and a pickup expert.. ;P

@Fearey

Thanks for sharing. 

On 5/22/2022 at 1:57 AM, Fearey said:

Violet can become quite passive, and so indifferent to everything that it gets stuck. Living in the moment, and with gratitude enjoying every second of what gets projected in front of its eyes, It won't feel the need to seek for or try to change anything, perceiving what is as already being perfect and the way it was always meant to be (which it is).

On 5/22/2022 at 1:57 AM, Fearey said:

The need for more dissipates completely at Violet, and so whatever comes from there seems to either happen completely by chance, or some other metric that I cannot explain.

If it doesn't feel the need to seek for or try to change anything, how does it get anything accomplished? Do they get things accomplished just out of a sense of want rather than need? How do they function in day-to-day life? 

On a more personal note, I have a question for you; Are you happy? 

2 hours ago, Fearey said:

Violet won't do or change anything just for the sake of it, or to be productive. It only does what it finds necessary.

Violet can therefore have a very difficult time functioning in normal day-to-day life, as it will give little to no importance to what it doesn't deem necessary, and gives no importance to survival needs. This can pose seemingly great problems if they for example were to run out of money. Violet will probably not see this as much of an issue though, although everyone around them certainly will.

Why and how don't they see it as an issue? Are they really that content and happy with whatever experience arises in their life? 

What if they became homeless?

2 hours ago, Fearey said:

I do consider myself quite happy and content.

Nice :) 

On 24/05/2022 at 3:03 AM, Fearey said:

Basically yes. Although not preferable

That’s key isn’t it? It’s not preferable for them to be worse off than they are, they would prefer to be in better conditions. But if reality makes it such that their preferences can’t be met, they just accept it?

becoming homeless would likely not alter their experience much at all, even if their physical wellbeing were significantly reduced. This is probably the biggest shortcoming of Violet.

Why is this a shortcoming?

Ultraviolet too gives no importance to survival needs, but is, in contrast to Violet, extremely unlikely to ever get into a situation where their survival is threatened.

Why is it extremely unlikely for Ultraviolet to ever get into a situation where their survival is threatened?

Is it because – due to having exhausted, or master, Stage Orange – they have mastered nourishing their survival needs?

To add, Ultraviolet is similar to Orange in many ways.

How so? 

Also, I have an unrelated question — I see that you were previously an INTP and now you are an INTJ. What made you realise that you were an INTJ? Or did your MBTI type just change (if that can even actually happen)? 

I wouldn’t mind doing what I did today and yesterday in ten years. I studied what I am very interested in at work, I had deep conversations about religion, morality, and health with family members around a bon fire (with a cigar), ate good food, exercised, and had time with my wife and kids. I hope I can develop all those things in ten years—like more sophisticated work, better intimacy with my family, further conversations around the bon fire, and so on. I’ll pass on cancer, but I don’t think cigars cause cancer. ;)

On 27/05/2022 at 2:49 AM, Fearey said:

I went a bit futher into their functional stacks, and realized, after having mistyped as an INTP for the longest time, that I was in fact an INTJ. When I tested as an INTP, I would always get INTJ in second, and they would be so close that it could almost be considered a coin toss, even though they have no functional stacks in common.

I think the vast majority of the 16personalities tests are too short to be able to give a conclusive answer on someone's type, but can't say for certain as I don't know how the test results are determined, the math behind them etc.

@Fearey Okay I see.

I’ve taken multiple different MBTI tests and I get INTP a lot more times than I get INTJ.

I had experienced a phase a while ago where I was wondering whether I was actually an INTP or an INTJ mistyped as an INTP. 

I had read a book called “My True Type” and it further confirmed that I was an INTP.

However, on the outside I am much more like an INTJ. There are people that talk about how some INTPs have the ability to sort of “switch” to an INTJ (as well as its cognitive stack) since “J” types tend to be more favoured in terms of productivity and getting real-world results. INTJs tend to favour real-world results more than INTPs, whereas INTPs value understanding for its own sake more. It’s just preferences so it’s not a bad thing. Every MBTI type has its own place in society so I don’t think any type is necessarily better than the other.