AtheisticNonduality

Where are you in ten years?

35 posts in this topic

In a Monastery, hopefully. That's my goal.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

I hope I'll be dead naturally because suicide seems to lead to bad karma and I hope I'll have a better life because unfortunately I have to exist eternally, no choice, I must suffer as a being thank you God 

Dead hopefully.

I don't say that in a sad way and it's nbd, I've made peace with it.  It doesn't affect my day to day, I just hope I don't have to live too long... I hate it here.

qR4h9Pk.jpg

Financially, emotionally, and mentally stable with good health. Living a purposeful life after finding out what career path is right for me. Have traveled to a few places and lived in a different country. Built existing connections and made some new authentic ones and continued nurturing them and spending time with people who help me grow into a better person and whose presance I really enjoy and feel uplifted by. Maybe a dog or cat. Have an idea of where and how I want to settle down. 

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

10 years...

I hear it long before I see it, the throbbing pulsating crowd. I can feel it in my chest, butterflies sparkling through my body as nervousness turns to excitement. My armpits tickle.. Something profound is about to happen. I start to rise, up, up, up, my head is seen, then my body, then all of me is above the stage the audience goes wild. I am who they came for, well, they didn't come for me, they came for...

MUSIC. 

Erupts, as the tone and groove permeates the air, My conscious intent pierces the crowd as they are already engaged and its just the first song. unfiltered and already in flow, I sing, songs of heart, of authenticity, of struggle, trauma, beauty and sadness, Life Music, that brings the audience to their knees. It's a mystical experience unfolding as I radiate love into the stadium.

Concert.jpg

10,000+ people, each experiencing something unique, some processing trauma, others experiencing waves of Love, others weeping, they feel inspired to live more authentically. Tears stream down faces as the music continues, 30 minutes, 60 minutes, 90 minutes, more and more beautiful sounds, songs that sound too beautiful to be real, tones and sounds that have never been heard by these humans before. These are not "Human sounds" these are the articulations and phrases of the Divine. This is God, as Music, Love disguised as sound.

From the stage, I am in it, fully, engaged, relaxed, energetic, I FEEL alive,  I FEEL Music, as she and I dance together sonically. I stop singing, the music continues, my music, I designed it, and this crowd is LOVING IT, they watch me as I look around, with tears streaming down my face, This is real, This is my life, this is my dream. I look stage left into the crowd, there's my mom and dad, they see me,  a vessel of consciousness, impacting the world authentically. They are in awe, and they are blown away. and so am I , the words I sing cannot describe how I feel.

Two hours in, I am done, I sang every word I had to sing, I gave every emotion and bit of love I had to give, the crowd is moved, in a way they have never been impacted before, some of them know in their hearts, this was their moment where everything changed, their breakthrough.

After the show, I am doing a meet and greet, and a line forms, 10, 20, 30, 50, 100, 100's of people line up, one by one they tell me their story, how this Music changed their life, how to showed them how to be more authentic, how it showed them the trauma they had forgotten that held them back, the hope they feel when listening, and how it permanently changed their life They weep in my arms as we hug, they dont even have words, but I know. they thank me because I impacted them in a way no one else could. late into the night people share their stories, I am so fulfilled, so full, so radiant, so giving. I am living the dream.

That is one part, of one day, 10 years from now. 

Edited by Realms of Wonder

Music is Love in disguise.

Imagine a future where Self Integration, Exploration and Creation is  normalized and encouraged.

https://wakingcall.com/

10 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Same for me. I'd do it right now if I was not married, or if my relationship was unhealthy. If not in a monastery, then in 10 years I'll have a cabin in the woods. Somewhere deep in the silver fir forest.

Retired CEO of a successful company that I will have created by myself, living in isolation in a beautiful piece of agricultural land with a bunch of animals for slaughter.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

Hopefully see fewer deluded folks around in 10 years than right now. 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

I hope to live.

Ten years, is it possible to think of those without romantisizing them? I will try not to, there are no ten years except the next ones that requires the most effort, I should have changed substantially by then, it would be defeat and a rot to not "become who one is" and if ten years are inadequate to that end then who one is is never to become.

They say one must not 'live in the past', I say it is worse to live in the future, for it relates to our responsibilities what stocks are in an economy.

Owed.

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

I will be successful and happily married. With more than one house so that I can rent out the others for more rents. Enjoying ourselves and living our dreams.

Either being swallowed by career responsibilities, still trying to prove myself to my mother, still struggling with accepting my true self, or having accepted myself and possibly jumped off to do something alternative. I had a vision of me being just another guru after an awakening I had at 19.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I've had this sort of question in job interviews. The answer I always want to give is: "not working for you". And so it is. Answering the question is a bit like predicting the weather on a specific day in 12 months' time, the best you can actually do is say it'll be Spring.

Being very specific can give you a sense of certainty, and that can be very motivating, which is where the value in asking the question comes from. But the whole reason for asking the question at all, is that you're either unhappy with where you are now, or you see you current situation as temporary. But also, it's always good to tease out what things excite you and are important to you and what your values are: a.k.a living authentically.

If I'm honest with myself, I don't want any part of the life I have now in ten years' time. But I have no clue what that would look like (yet).

Edited by LastThursday

All stories and explanations are false.

It's interesting to see all the answers and see where I have been and where I have not but have a similar interest in... It feels surreal to have this confirmation that you're all "me" at various stages or facets hah. ;) Excuse the tangent... couldn't help it.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

I've made enough 5 and 10 year plans to say... the only thing I know is there's no way I can accurately predict that far out.

I'm in a different country, relationship, and career than I was 10 years ago. And none of it was planned.

I'm never in the place I thought I would be 5 years ago, and it's not even usually something I wanted or could've foreseen as a possibility.

If my life becomes that predictable then it means I've stagnated

On 5/13/2022 at 7:15 AM, Husseinisdoingfine said:

@Husseinisdoingfine @bythos 

Why? (Not against your decision, just curious to why)

And why can't you retreat to a monastery right now? 

For me, instead of going to a monastery, I'd rather become financially free - which entails a high 7-figure to 8-figure net worth - and do my consciousness work in the way that is best suited to me and not under the rigid rules of a monastery. I'd be able to go to a cabin in the woods and do the practices solo instead of around other people like in a monastery. 

On 5/15/2022 at 8:05 AM, Fearey said:

Living in a cabin out in nowhere, philosophising about life. Developing software for my clients, and pursuing the creation of new, cutting-edge technology. All while living out a simple, minimalistic existence, all by myself.

How are you planning to balance a simplistic minimalist life with a high-tech one?

I ask because this sounds like my ideal lifestyle as well. Now Starlink exists to solve my high-speed internet problem. I'm fine heating with wood if needed, and using either septic or composting toilets, and well water.

The big problem is electricity. To have enough solar panels to produce all my electricity would cost at least $50k.

Also if a property doesn't have an existing well, or your well dries up (which happens), it's another $30k to drill another one. Plus a skid-steer to plow a long driveway in the winter if you live up north and want to leave your cabin between December - March and lots of other things. Living off-grid is more costly than most people imagine, especially initial startup costs. And it might end up a lot less simple and minimalistic than you first imagine.

Not saying it can't be done. I've been watching a guy on Youtube create his own homestead on a mountain for the past year. Just that it'll probably cost well over $1M to get everything set up in most places nowadays, and it's extremely hard to get a mortgage on undeveloped land in the middle of nowhere.

7 hours ago, Vision said:

@Husseinisdoingfine 

Why? (Not against your decision, just curious to why)

And why can't you retreat to a monastery right now? 

I'm curious about the same thing. Especially after Hussein's made a couple posts talking about falling behind in education and pursuing a PhD. What's the point of spending money on 7 years of schooling just to go to a monastery? If you're serious about the monastic life and it's the end goal, then just drop everything and go now.