Realms of Wonder

How do I increase my sensitivity to Psychedelics?

19 posts in this topic

I’ve noticed I am much more tolerant to psychedelics than most.

It can take anywhere from 3-5x the recommended dose to get expected effects.

For example. The experience of 5 grams of Magic Mushrooms seems similar to 1.5-2 based on how others talk about it. Or, 60 mg of DMT seems closer to the effect of 15-20 for others.

Any advice? 

Music is Love in disguise.

Imagine a future where Self Integration, Exploration and Creation is  normalized and encouraged.

https://wakingcall.com/

I have noticed that the more I work on releasing blockages of my ego structure, the easier it gets to be affected by psychedelics. Effect of 400ug LSD last year,  is the same as 200 this year.  

Could also be the potency of the batch/chemical or substance.  

I don’t know exactly why, but taking 1x Lions Mane extract capsule, before a LSD or Mushroom trip, does potentiate the trip drastically. Also stacking it with Niacin (Vitamin B3).  
Got this from Paul Stamets on JRE. 
(Could work with DMT, although I haven’t tried that stack yet.)

Cleaning out diet, and eating real clean days before the trip helps a lot. 
No alcohol, sugar, candy, fastfood, salt, greasy food days prior to tripping. 

Also, for some time I wasn’t getting effects of few psychedelics for the weirdest reason. Was taking 5MEO and Ket without much effect. Noticed later on that I was using Magnesium supplements on a daily basis. Which works as a major NMDA antagonist, which can dull down or soften your trips, especially psychedelics that work on same receptors. Same thing with Zinc.  

Edited by Vincent S

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

It's probably mostly baked into your genetics (for lack of a better word). I doubt you will change it much.

Harmala extract greatly potentiates all psychedelics. But you have go use it very carefully or you can overdose. If you have 5x tolerance them harmala might do the trick to bring you in line will folks like myself who are super sensitive.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I found that i've become 10x more sensitive to psychedelics after doing 2 years of meditation and a 1 year break from psychedelics. A small dose of LSD gave me complete ego death and god realisation. 

I used to have a super high tolerance to psychs until i did 1200ug of LSD and whited out and became infinity. Now I can get LSD visuals from a moderate dose of weed and meditation.

7 hours ago, Phil King said:

I used to have a super high tolerance to psychs until i did 1200ug of LSD and whited out and became infinity. Now I can get LSD visuals from a moderate dose of weed and meditation.

Holy macaronies. That must have been a hell of a trip to undergo. How long did you white out for?
Reminds me of those "Acid Thumbprint" stories. Highly recommend listening to one of those trip reports.

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

@Vincent SYeah it was insane. I had done 900ug 2 weeks prior and still didnt get the breakthrough to infinity, just a very cool experience. Then I decided to try one more time with a higher dose and within 30 minutes I knew this was gonna be it. I listened to that acid thumbprint vid and when the guy says, "I melt into eternity and die into the moment. There is no you left" thats exactly what it was like. It felt like literally eternity but when I came back it ended up being about 5 hours. Incredibly terrifying the first time you realize the groundlessness and immaterial nature of reality, but ultimately it was the best experience ever

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's probably mostly baked into your genetics (for lack of a better word). I doubt you will change it much.

Harmala extract greatly potentiates all psychedelics. But you have go use it very carefully or you can overdose. If you have 5x tolerance them harmala might do the trick to bring you in line will folks like myself who are super sensitive.

After my breakthrough 5meo experience, tripping isn't the same anymore.

DMT is now 5meo

2 grams of mushrooms feels like 4-5 grams

It's completely changed my sensitivity. 

2 hours ago, Phil King said:

@Vincent SYeah it was insane. I had done 900ug 2 weeks prior and still didnt get the breakthrough to infinity, just a very cool experience. Then I decided to try one more time with a higher dose and within 30 minutes I knew this was gonna be it. I listened to that acid thumbprint vid and when the guy says, "I melt into eternity and die into the moment. There is no you left" thats exactly what it was like. It felt like literally eternity but when I came back it ended up being about 5 hours. Incredibly terrifying the first time you realize the groundlessness and immaterial nature of reality, but ultimately it was the best experience ever

Beautiful ?? Thanks for sharing ?

Umm, MAOIs I think should help.  iirc ayahuasca is basically just DMT with a naturally present MAOI.

4 hours ago, herghly said:

DMT is now 5meo

There seems to be some truth to this.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 5/12/2022 at 3:41 PM, Leo Gura said:

Interesting! I’ll check it out. Thank you

Imagine a future where Self Integration, Exploration and Creation is  normalized and encouraged.

15 hours ago, herghly said:

DMT is now 5meo

Thanks for sharing this, I also remember Leo in an older video, maybe even his interview with Martin Ball, how after his 5-MEO breakthrough, mushrooms were much more potent than before.

22 hours ago, herghly said:

DMT is now 5meo

There could be some truth.

My first trip ever was a DMT breakthrough. Weed just was weirdly different and much more potent after the dmt trip. After my first acid trip it probably doubled again.

Idk if something happened during my early trips, or if I am just generally very intolerant. 150-200ug, acid is mind blowing for me, 250 is unbelievable, I never need more than 2g of shrooms. DMT, regardless of the method, even with the worst pipe, I always need just one shot for breakthrough.

On 12/05/2022 at 6:52 PM, Realms of Wonder said:

For example. The experience of 5 grams of Magic Mushrooms seems similar to 1.5-2 based on how others talk about it. Or, 60 mg of DMT seems closer to the effect of 15-20 for others. Any advice? 

- Blindfold, lying down, do not take the blindfold off at any time.
- Empty stomach
- Headphones playing introspective classical / neoclassic music.

Do all the above and you will at least double (probably much more) the potency of a trip. 

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

The more you will face your subconscious and increase your consciousness, the more sensitive you will be to psychedelics. That is because psychedelics reduce the activity of the mind, including the subconscious. That is why if you do shadow work, meditation, contemplation, yoga, it will potentiate psychedelics. Also, deep trips will open the mind and allow to brain to be capable to operate on a different frequency. For example, after you do a few Ayahuasca ceremonies, it is highly likely that you will get DMT visuals and sphere-like experience of space on normal dose Psilocybin trips, and that the Psilocybin trips will be deeper than normal tripping on 1.5g-2g of mushrooms. The same goes for LSD. If you went full on ego death on Ayahuasca, 100-200 dose of LSD can send you there as well. It is just a lot easier to surrender to this after you have been through it once. 

In the end, it all depends on your mind. The more dense, complex and split the mind is (heavy thinking, heavy interpreting and conceptualizing, lots of subconscious material), the weaker/shallower the trip will be.

And of course, there may by subjective physiological factors such as the body's ability to metabolize the substance, or the baseline sensitivity of the receptors to the substance. 

On 12.5.2022 at 10:38 PM, Vincent S said:

I don’t know exactly why, but taking 1x Lions Mane extract capsule, before a LSD or Mushroom trip, does potentiate the trip drastically. Also stacking it with Niacin (Vitamin B3).  
Got this from Paul Stamets on JRE. 

This is very interesting, will try it with the Lions Mane next time.

Yeah I think with almost all the spiritual techniques you increase your sensitivity to psychedelics in general. And also just doing psychedelics will increase your sensitivity over time, or you could say your trips will go deeper everytime. For me reality starts to melt awaý on 100 mics already and I start questioning everything and  go existential on every little word :D  My friends were talking about girls and relationships and Im like: what are girls? what is a relationship? haha

3 hours ago, Cireeric said:

This is very interesting, will try it with the Lions Mane next time.

Yeah I think with almost all the spiritual techniques you increase your sensitivity to psychedelics in general. And also just doing psychedelics will increase your sensitivity over time, or you could say your trips will go deeper everytime. For me reality starts to melt awaý on 100 mics already and I start questioning everything and  go existential on every little word :D  My friends were talking about girls and relationships and Im like: what are girls? what is a relationship? haha

???

Keep binging non dual content, Leo gura, alan watts, rupert spira, try to map your direct experience with those teachings