Bandman

Psychedelic to heal anxiety?

26 posts in this topic

Hello people, who has experience with healing anxiety and insecurity using psychedelics?

Which psychedelic would you recommend?

How risky would such a trip be? as in, the odds of it bettering vs it worsening?

Should I go into the trip with the intention of "conquering my inner demons", and during the trip strategically deconstructing the anxiety and its origin, and its essence?

Or should I go with the intention of letting the psychedelic heal me and that's it?

I want to conquer fear to a large degree, It seems logical that to totally conquer fear would require an ultimate awakening, which I am not aiming for now in my life, 

but right now my anxiety and insecurity is interfering with my life and cognition quite substantially, and I want to conquer and heal fear and anxiety so I can get going with worldly things.

I prefer going in any trips with an open mind but sometimes you have something that you really want to look at and find resolution for. In this case putting some focus on it can help get you there right away. Just don't have too many expectations and let it show you whatever comes up. It often shows you what you're ready to see.

You are Me, we are One. Truth is Love. Truth is Beauty. Every frame is a painting. ❣ Nothing but Love. How do I even explain myself to you? ;)

Posted (edited)

Careful out there. Psychedelic's contributed to my anxiety becoming far, far greater than it was prior. 

Acid was the nicest feeling but once it went bad I was in a mental hell for like 10 hours after the nice first two. DMT was just alot of visuals and some nice insight. Mushrooms always made me feel sick which leads to a less fun trip with lower insight. 5-MeO-DMT put me into a psychosis where I couldn't get over the fact that we are all God (creators, lmfao. So basic). Salvia was terrifying. MDMA made me very happy and euphoric but it wasn't long lasting. (I went into all of these with healing intent)

I don't think it's the psychedelic that heals you, either. It's the ideas and epiphanies you have while under that influence that ultimately lead you to taking action for yourself. 

Meditation is better for anxiety. 

Edited by SourceCodo

Gone

Can you be more specific because fear and insecurity has so many different orientations that it is difficult to say anything useful. I have used psychedelics and they helped me with seeing beyond my fear. But also, that didn't happen automatically because of the psychedelic, I still had to consciously expand while on the psychedelic to confront my fear at that moment. I had huge fears of people. So while on the psychedelic, I went outside and confronted that fear. I began to step into the tension my fear was limiting me to step into. So I approached people, women, groups, and gradually while I was in the trip, I began to feel free. It didn't make it easy. It still felt very vulnerable, but I could ground my reactivity. I could accept feeling vulnerable and feeling all the emotions within that vulnerability. I could be present with my body, and allow whatever I felt and welcome it with full acceptance and self-love. That's what made my experience on the psychedelic so powerful for seeing beyond my fears. 

During that trip and the day after my trip, I felt liberated. I felt completely free from everything that bothered me in my life. Yet, slowly all my patterns came back and all those fears returned. It didn't make the trip useless. I talked and connected to 200 people maybe that day. That was more people I've talked to than in 10 years probably. And so it was a huge breakthrough in seeing what I was capable of. Those people didn't know I was tripping, yet so welcoming and open to my presence. I always believed people didn't like me and thought I was weird. That trip was so crazy eye-opening. I always tripped inside my house, and I always intended to trip to become free from my fears, but that never happened. It was through transmuting fear into courage during the trip that all the magic happened. 

So my idea of using psychedelics to get rid of fear is to always make it a proactive trip that's very interactive with the content of your fear. You should get in touch with the vulnerability the fear is limiting you to feel. Because inside that vulnerability are your emotions that you don't want to feel. That's why you have fear. If you can open up to that, it will definitely be an insightful experience. 

The real work starts after the trip. You don't need to trip as well in order to get rid of fear. It's just a matter of consciousness. You need to access courage inside your body in relationship to stepping into the fear. Then allowing vulnerability and grounding it into the earth. It's really simple. And insecurity automatically goes away because that's just a side-symptom of having a lot of fear and shame. And shame is usually within the vulnerability.

You really don't need psychedelics. You can go outside today while sober and confront your fears. You just need to allow yourself to be vulnerable and not become reactive to it. Welcoming with full allowance is what will solve it. Because that requires courage, and within courage, you can find acceptance inside the vulnerability that comes up. 

@JonasVE12 The thing is, I mostly fear myself and not outside things. I have anxiety over my own anxiety, and over making myself suffer mentally, and that I will lose cognition and ability because I don't believe in myself and that basically my own mind will turn against itself. I want to confront the part of me that is self-sabotaging and lowering my consciousness and raising fear.

Of course I do fear outside situations also but my fear of going crazy/ losing myself is greater.

Awaken to God and peace shall follow :)

You are Me, we are One. Truth is Love. Truth is Beauty. Every frame is a painting. ❣ Nothing but Love. How do I even explain myself to you? ;)

For anxiety mushrooms work great.

Even at a micro dose.

At least for me this has been true.

Why do I love you?  I don't need a reason.

https://lingabhairavi.org/

8 hours ago, Bandman said:

@JonasVE12 The thing is, I mostly fear myself and not outside things. I have anxiety over my own anxiety, and over making myself suffer mentally, and that I will lose cognition and ability because I don't believe in myself and that basically my own mind will turn against itself. I want to confront the part of me that is self-sabotaging and lowering my consciousness and raising fear.

Of course I do fear outside situations also but my fear of going crazy/ losing myself is greater.

I see. You know, fear is something really interesting. The nice thing is that once you tune off from the future, and when you put your consciousness inside the present moment, maybe you feel the sounds of the birds, maybe you just observe your environment and you just move your awareness into the experience of your body itself, inside the senses, then that fear which did present itself as overthinking in your mind or unconscious contraction in the chest, will become more felt as sensations. And once you can learn to stay with those sensations without making them wrong, and even welcoming them, accepting them, then essentially you are already transmuting your fears into acceptance. And there is no fear in the vibration of acceptance. But you can't accept it from your mind, you first have to welcome it through the body and feel it fully. You have to feel it fully with as much willingness as you would take on 1 billion dollar is someone would offer you that. 

You don't even need psychedelics to confront your fear but they can definitely help. Once you learn to be non resistant to your fears, they naturally go away. And that's something you can access now and in my opinion that is more valuable because learning to transmute feelings consciously, you don't need to do anything external to activate that process. 

Essentially fear/anxiety/insecurity is just reactive energy inside your body that hasn't found a way to ground itself. You are the conductor and so it has to happen consciously through your awareness. Through feeling. There's also feelings inside the fear that the fear is protecting you from feeling, and when you can get in touch with the feelings underneath the fear and you can feel those fully, then you can let them go. 

Really, every pattern of thinking/behavior/emotion that is attached to the vibration of fear can not be resolved by focussing on the wanting to get rid of fear. It's very subtle. Whenever you are in wanting, you will signal to the subconscious mind the focus on the experience of wanting to get rid of fear and therefore affirming that you're having fear, because you can not want something that you already have. And so fear, doubt, worry keeps manifesting because there isn't enough conscious awareness preceding the experience of fear and the wanting to get rid of fear. 

Whenever there is fear, you need to tune into it, tap into the vibration of courage which has a quality of willingness to it, this sort of energy that overpowers your fear and let you take action despite your fear, or even just feel the fear without making it wrong. And then acceptance for whatever the fear is protecting you from. Deeply accept whatever you are fearful about and let go of the attachment. That is an internal meditative experience you need to activate inside your consciousness whenever those things get triggered. If you are in apathy in relationship to those feelings, then it's more difficult to release. 

What also is important is to step into the tension your contractions are limiting you to step into. That's when those fears and underlying emotions really get triggered. And now you can work through them and process.

And for the rest, I can just say that all of this doesn't really matter. Your fears don't matter. You just have to know what you want, and commit to being who you want, and whenever in your path, there is lower energies coming to the surface, you release them when they come up. If you are in apathy thinking about your fears and insecurities, then you are never going to release them. You need to go into them through having experiences associated with the fears. And to be honest, it sounds like you are more in apathy than fear really. So all of this really only applies when getting out of apathy and into fear. 

Your mind is essentially focused on being stuck in fear and doubt. Do you have any clarity beyond the experience of wanting to get rid of fear? because if you have that clear insight into what you really desire, then you can commit on that and whenever the fear comes up, you work through it through becoming in vibrational alignment with courage and acceptance so you learn to get out of fear and release fear. If you don't know what you want, and there is no clarity in that, then it is only natural that your mind is lost in doubt and worry. Those energies can only go away if you channel it into an experience that is inconsistent with the doubt and worries you have.

I don't know if I'm really understanding your exact situation as well because what you replied wasn't really that specific. Sounds more like apathy in relationship to fear. And that's different from fear. But yeah, good luck!

@JonasVE12 Thank you for sharing this goldmine of Wisdom. ?? 
Appreciation ?

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

@JonasVE12 Thanks for this amazing reply bro, but I don't understand the part about apathy with fear? why do you think I have apathy with fear instead of fear? I just don't really understand what you mean

@puporing Have you awaken to God? how did it change your emotions and mental clarity throughout the day?

@Bandman Yes, more recently. There's a baseline peacefulness that no matter what happens "to me" there are no real problems. There are practical things to address and explore in the human form, I can still have desires and "frustrations", but the higher self is eternal and cannot be destroyed. 

@puporing Good for you, so you would say with confidence thoughts don't have a strong pull anymore and don't feel super real and overwhelming at all anymore for you?

Posted (edited)

@Bandman Well it doesn't make me apathetic. I still care deeply about people and such, still lots of feelings :D. But I know "difficult feelings" are temporary and will pass and everything can be refreshed again. And that things that appear to "not go my way" is just part of god's infinite free will to know itself and create itself. My acceptance of god's free will allow me to make peace with things when they don't agree with my limited self. It feels good to align with absolute love which is accepting of all that is here. Moments when I forget I just have to remind myself of this. :)

Edited by puporing

@Vincent S You are very welcome, I appreciate your appreciation :)

@Bandman It comes down to this. What do you really want? What does your ideal life look like? What are all the experiences you want to have? Can you clearly see those in your minds eye? You really have to know your deepest desire. You have to really stop avoiding everything, and just spend a couple of days getting to know what you really want. You have to be comfortable seeing that desire and staying with it without pushing it down. Because your desires probably have a bunch of fear, shame, guilt and grief to it, right? And so what tends to happen is that we push the desires down. We repress our lust down to apathy because we can’t handle the resistance. And that apathy typically manifests patterns of anxiety and insecurity in our mind because there is the repressed want, the powerlessness to bring the want into our life and then all the layers of resistance in the form of fear, shame and grief whenever we think about bringing the want into choice. When a person doesn’t see he is in apathy, then he doesn’t see that all the anxiety and self-sabotaging are because he simply is in apathy. It's like a loop. Yes he needs to let go and release the resistance to apathy and loop itself, which is all that chaotic energy of doubt and worry inside your mind. But what is key is that you need to work to release the resistance to fulfilling your deepest desires and go for it, turning fear into courage. That is turning the focus towards fulfilling your goals instead of putting the focus on escaping your apathetic and fearful thoughts. Because essentially when you focus on the obstacle, you will get more obstacles. Focus is a choice, and you need to focus ON choice. Whatever you focus on, the universe gives you more of. When you focus on being free and powerful, you’ll eventually begin to resonate at that level. Thoughts are always coming and going. Once you release aversion towards having thoughts of a certain heavier emotion, you let them go. Focussing on trying to release anxiety, fear and apathy is like holding a ball and squeezing the ball harder in order to try letting the ball expand, and it is only when relaxing the hand that is expands. What you probably are doing is trying to get rid of anxiety through squeezing the ball harder. Essentially releasing is a process of doing less and relaxing, in stead of forcing and trying. The more you relax your mind and body in relationship to your anxieties, the more they let go. It’s seeing your fear, doubt and worry and seeing that you can handle it without making it wrong. And seeing beyond the fear and doubt and welcoming decision and commitment to move that desire beyond the fear into being. 

Fear, insecurity, doubt and worry, what do they do to you in your life? How much are you exactly experiencing those? And in what contexts? Most people avoid fear itself, which gets them down to apathy. It’s like, how much are you attaching yourself to your fearful thoughts? How much are they controlling you? If you they are in control and they keep you contracted then that’s apathy. It’s learning to act despite of fear and anxiety, learning to love and accept them. Because you wrote a bunch of stuff related to your want to getting rid of fear, but really, do you actually want to get rid of fear? Do you want that? Or is it an experience beyond fear that you want? Can you tap into that now? Can you tap into a deeper want? And just go for it? And then whenever you feel heavier when moving the want into choice, can you release on that through love and acceptance? Your body really is the gateway to releasing. Channel all that thinking and being lost in fear itself into actually moving towards the experience beyond the fear. But again, I’m not sure I fully understand what you are talking about through those couple things you wrote. Everyone’s subconscious mind works different and there are a lot of subtleties that are important in seeing what’s really going on that would become more clear through a conversation in person.

I can recommend to do OSHO dynamic meditation for 3 months inside a public park. Apathy, fear and shame are energetic contractions inside your body and mind and with this meditation you are expanding and breaking open these contractions through feeling-energetic practices. And it lessens your anxiety and apathy dramatically after some time. It's really crazy. You feel really powerful after doing those meditations. After some time, that practice is gonna expand you outside of the practice itself and you just feel more light and powerful.

I have experience with 2C-B, LSD, MDMA / MDA, Mushrooms, 4-HO-MET and AL-LAD. 

Out of those the best experience for countering anxiety and overall healing I've had from AL-LAD and MDMA. AL-LAD has less drawbacks than MDMA and provides more insights that last. Nowadays I take AL-LAD every month or so and this healed my heart and doubled my self-confidence. 

@JonasVE12  Oh man awesome wisdom. There's no easy way to overcome fear, just let it be, right? 

I'm kind of in a same hole with panic attacks. It gets too quick out of hand and feels overwhelming. And all wisdom, practices like slow breathing gets town out the window. And I also get them in most inconvenient places like in classes, workplace, some social situations. Sucks when you feel like dying and I need to hold my own insanity and appear normal. Really challenging  to accept or even like your fear. Love is probably an answer to that, right?

And I have another question. I struggle to even know what exactly I'm fearing or where it comes from. How do I know where the root problem/ causation/ trauma is coming from? Or if it really helps to know? Like I know when I'm prone to fear but not why. Just seems like something is hidden from myself.