axiom

A realisation about the past and the present, and determinism.

12 posts in this topic

Simply this: 

The past does not determine the present. Rather, the present determines the past. 

Apparently.

So, instead of everything being predetermined, everything is determined right now. Kind of empowering. I like it.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

Yes, but that’s not exactly what I meant. 

What I meant is that quite literally, your entire past depends on measurements, observations and/or ideas you are having right now. 

The past doesn’t exist until it is imagined right now. And the form it takes depends on what is being imagined.

Apparently.

14 hours ago, axiom said:

Simply this: 

The past does not determine the present. Rather, the present determines the past. 

This is what you told me 20 days ago. Why did you come to this conclusion?

It makes sense, because where is the past other than in your imagination? It exists in the form of memory which actually is just another form of imagination. And for reality is imagination that is being formed by your current state of consciousness, the past also is being formed, and changed, by your current state of consciousness. The past seems to be real, because it is an idea with a certain amount of focal momentum, like the present moment also is the result of your focal, mental, momentum in the moment. That's like existence, including past present and future, and here and there, is like a dough that is you, it is all different aspects, in a sense, of imagination, and therefore when you, from the here and now that is where you are, change your state of consciousness, or state of being, or frequency, dada, whatever you call it, then the entire system is being reshaped by you in the moment. It is frickin crazy really, but it also, in a sense, makes sense. 

Edited by Vibroverse

And that's how, in a sense, we are "shifting" from one universe, one timeline, to another in every moment, in the moment, for the absolute reality is the moment. Space and time and matter and energy etc are the relative level reality, so the experience of the relative level reality is changing in every moment for consciousness "vibrates" in a sense, in a slightly slightly, often, way in every moment. 

This has also been proven with John Wheeler’s Delayed Choice experiment in quantum mechanics.

They altered millions of years of history - the path that light took around a star - by making a measurement in the present. 

Apparently.

On 5/11/2022 at 10:25 PM, axiom said:

Simply this: 

But past seems to be fixed. I can't imagine Hitler winning the WW2 or Hillary Clinton becoming president in 2016. and make it my reality in the present.

22 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

But past seems to be fixed. I can't imagine Hitler winning the WW2 or Hillary Clinton becoming president in 2016. and make it my reality in the present.

Thats an illusion...

These things are being imagined at a higher level than the ego.  So actually, if you imagined Hitler won WWIi so deeply it would become real - because there is no difference really - neither exist in the present.  The difference is if you did, the rest of the world would deem you insane.   But to you, THAT WOULD be reality.   Whats really going on there is the ego is trying to replace the will of God or the imagination of God which is taking place at a much higher state of consciousness.   This encompasses self and other.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

10 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Thats an illusion...

These things are being imagined at a higher level than the ego.  So actually, if you imagined Hitler won WWIi so deeply it would become real - because there is no difference really - neither exist in the present.  The difference is if you did, the rest of the world would deem you insane.   But to you, THAT WOULD be reality.   Whats really going on there is the ego is trying to replace the will of God or the imagination of God which is taking place at a much higher state of consciousness.   This encompasses self and other.

And if you really really really imagined that Hitler won WWII really really deeply, you can even wake up tomorrow to a world where everyone knows that of course Hitler won WWII. But you have to be imagining at a deep deep deep deep level, a deep deep deep deep level.

It is because in the absolute level, you are beyond time and space and the entire universe, but on the relative level it is very very very very very very hard for you to truly be able to imagine that.

You can even create a triangle that also is a square, for you are beyond logic and mathematics also, but again, on the relative level it is very very very very very very hard for you to truly be able to imagine that. 

Edited by Vibroverse

@Vibroverse I guess those levels of imagination are unreachable while you're in a human form. God created a backstory for itself and now you have to live according with it. Stable past is essencial for dream to work.

34 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

@Vibroverse I guess those levels of imagination are unreachable while you're in a human form. God created a backstory for itself and now you have to live according with it. Stable past is essencial for dream to work.

Yes, I agree, even though the past actually is being created in the moment, right now, the momentum, in a sense, of the past that we believe was the real past is very strong. Even though, I think, it actually is imagination, it is a densified, condensed, in a sense, form of imagination, like gas turning to liquid turning to solid matter, the strength of the momentum of the "reality" is big. And if consciousness actually is creating the past in the now, for in actuality there only is the now, consciousness, God, we may say, has a strong strong habit of keeping creating the same "past". I think it's a habit. 

Edited by Vibroverse