Space

5-MeO-DMT + Heart Issues/Complications?

11 posts in this topic

Want to get people's thoughts on taking 5-MeO-DMT with potential heart issues/problems.

Context is: I have a lot of experience with 5-MeO but haven't taken it since having the covid vaccine in mid 2020. I have developed heart problems ever since getting the vaccine (various pains in a range of severity, twinges, uncomfortable sensations). Ended up in A&E at one point. Been to multiple doctors, had multiple tests, all came back negative and diagnosed with anxiety. So i'm not saying the heart issues are related to the vaccine. It's just a weird coincidence. Never had heart problems prior to 2020.

Anyway, it's nothing severe and not particularly impactful on my quality of life, but the pains and weird sensations are real and here a lot of the time. Whatever the cause is I don't know.

I'm wary about taking 5-MeO again because it does increase heart rate and have some degree of impact on the heart. I haven't had any issues with increased heart rate from intense exercise, so thats reassuring. But i'm still anxious about taking 5 again. Even though i'm well over-due for a visit back home.

Curious about people's thoughts on this, if any. Is anyone else in a similar situation? @Leo Gura what are your thoughts?

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

Honestly, I feel like it has to do with what the psychedelic does to your heart center. It radically opens you up to EXTREME levels of Love, and that is not for the faintest of hearts.

I have same complications with few psychedelics sometimes. It just opens me up to things I wasn't really open to before.
Previous LSD trip, I was having an extreme whole body orgasm and it was like experiencing every orgasm of every human on the planet. at the same time. It just pushed my heart rate to the roof, I was trying to remain calm while it was flowing through me. Did feel some chest-pains the day after.
I do feel the increased heart rate during the buildup on 5, but the window is just so small, that it doesn't affect me that much.

I haven't taken the vaccine, but did catch the virus early 2020. And that gave me some breathing/heart-issues. Haven't been the same, but am getting better with time. I have noticed that a better diet and good cardio has helped a lot with this.

At the end of the day, work with whatever is easiest on your physical body.

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

@Space Doing psychedelics is like riding a rollercoaster, so a healthy heart is definitely a prerequisite. Having said that I don't know the severity and exact nature of your heart issues. Assuming it's something light, it might go away on its own after a time. You said that an extreme heart rate is not a trigger for the pains so that's a good sign. If it's just weird sensations and "tolerable" pains that's one thing but if it really messes with your systems and can lead to some kind of attack then I would definitely hold off.

You will never know until you test it.

Testing requires going slow and carefully ramping up your doses.

5mg of 5-MeO ain't gonna kill ya. Observe how your heart feels and proceed from there.

I don't find that 5-MeO raises heart rate per se. The high heart rate is mostly a function of how poorly your mind handles the trip. If you are prone to fear and you cannot handle deep truths then your heart rate will rise simply because you are scared. But you can also have very calm trips.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Space

8 hours ago, Space said:

Want to get people's thoughts on taking 5-MeO-DMT with potential heart issues/problems.

Context is: I have a lot of experience with 5-MeO but haven't taken it since having the covid vaccine in mid 2020. I have developed heart problems ever since getting the vaccine (various pains in a range of severity, twinges, uncomfortable sensations). Ended up in A&E at one point. Been to multiple doctors, had multiple tests, all came back negative and diagnosed with anxiety. So i'm not saying the heart issues are related to the vaccine. It's just a weird coincidence. Never had heart problems prior to 2020.

Anyway, it's nothing severe and not particularly impactful on my quality of life, but the pains and weird sensations are real and here a lot of the time. Whatever the cause is I don't know.

I'm wary about taking 5-MeO again because it does increase heart rate and have some degree of impact on the heart. I haven't had any issues with increased heart rate from intense exercise, so thats reassuring. But i'm still anxious about taking 5 again. Even though i'm well over-due for a visit back home.

Curious about people's thoughts on this, if any. Is anyone else in a similar situation? @Leo Gura what are your thoughts?

I've had similar issues with what you've gone through, have some heart issues and irregular heart beats, was subtle after the first dose of Pfizer, but more noticeable after the second dose. Not saying the vaccine was a direct cause, more an indirect cause to a probably underlying health issue I've had but not have had recently from those spiked proteins. Maybe my bouba biased ego hates kikki stuff.:D

Done various tests on my blood, came back with slightly high blood sugar and pressure, and I eat a balanced diet, not as super clean or optimized  like some people here who are on a vegan diet, raw food diet, carnivore or so on, but enough that that alone helped me lose some weight and gained a few pounds of muscle while being on a balanced diet. My sleep schedule was ok, again not optimized but am getting the 7-9 hours of sleep I need. The likely culprit, for me, was probably my fitness routine, which is largely isometrics, very slow reps, and occasional heavy lifting and cardio work. However, I've had to lover my usual frequency, 4x a week, to 2 to 1x a week due to my heart issue.

All psychedelics, natural or synthetic based, will stimulate the body's various systems, mainly the nervous system. Yes, sometimes the body's heart will get more stimulated to beat higher range. This is obviously because experiencing psychedelics is a radical peak experience not normally accessed by the body and mind by default. In such a case, I would run a basic check up with myself, note any body or mind problems that could influence a likely bad trip, and take a measure of my heart rate before and after tripping. In most cases, my heart rate was elevated afterwards. My general advice is to take a break and do some basic body and mind R&R, until you feel closer to 100 percent, before taking psychedelics, and do check and research what could be causing you these other issues

Of course, my body is different from yours, but it's always a good idea to do basic checks prior to tripping. Hopefully this helps a bit. Take care!

I would get an EKG or heart test done, they attach a monitor for a week and you write down when you feel the disturbance and what you were doing...
If it is abnormal, I would abstain from a substance that could prevent you from asking for help while on it.
I have a heart arrythmia and take meds for it 2x a day and it helps keep the beat right.  If this continues and they find something, they will probably prescribe you medication to maintain the proper rhythm..  

I've noticed that, even though I've been fairly relaxed on my trips, something happens to your heartbeat. Either it increases it or you become much more sensitive to it.

Is it possible that you simply become hyper-aware of your heartbeat?

@Vincent S @Vrubel Thanks guys, appreciate the comments.

@Leo Gura Yea I think this is gonna be my plan. Start with a low dose again and go from there. 

@Danioover9000 Sorry to hear about your issues with your heart. The symptoms sound a little different to mine. I haven't had any irregular heart beats, mostly just physical pains and twinges. Aside from these I do feel 100% to do psychedelics. Everything else is perfecto. Gonna start with a low dose as mentioned above.

@Loba Yea i've had multiple EKGs, chest x-rays, blood tests,...basically everything. Haven't done the weekly monitor thing though. Thanks for the feedback!

@UnbornTao Not sure to be honest. Probably a mix of both!

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

18 hours ago, Space said:

i think leo is spot on. ignore it and take more drugs. once you have god realization  you wont care about trivial things.  ( get a second/third opinion, seriously  it's scary but you have to be honest with yourself... has anyone on this site complained of weird heart sensations after taking 5meo?.. are they persisting when you are calm and sober? occam's razor)

Edited by Wildcattt555

@Space What you have exactly? Angina, heart failure, valve dysfunction, arrhythmias? If you have mild heart disease, then nothing to worry about ,you may experience some pain or shortness of breath but if it is severe then you should be very cautious. You can also ingest some hypertension medication before the trip.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

When I first started taking Bufo Alvarius, my heart would beat fast, but that went away after doing it a few times.   If you have heart problems, I would be very careful and stick to low doses.  The shaman I go to said that he has seen Bufo stop someone’s heart under a high dose.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.