LSD-Rumi

TV shows, movies or animes with interesting characters?

17 posts in this topic

I am looking for a show with a good plot and great characters, No Hollywood cringe pls.
What I mean by great characters is any or all of the following:

• Passionate, positive attitude, loving
  • Wise, strong, and can handle things
  • funny, charismatic
  • smart, strategic, philosophical
  • Weird, unique

Some shows I already watched and liked:

• Shameless
  • The OA
  • Counterpart
  • The wolf of wall street
  • Tokyo ghouls
Edited by LSD-Rumi

I am more of a movie guy so here we go, have not seen much anime yet.

Movies: Manchester By The Sea(2016), The Red Shoes(1948), The Grand Budapest Hotel(2014), The Killing(1956), Memento(2000), The Truman Show(1998), Arrival(2016), Lost Highway(1997), Eraserhead(1977), 2001: A Space Odyssey(1968), Amélie(2001),  Groundhog Day(1993), Reservoir Dogs(1992), The Prestige(2006)

TV Shows: Breaking Bad, Twin Peaks

@modmyth I watched a couple of episodes of it, but it was pretty slow, Does it get any better?

You might enjoy Death Note and Lost.

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

@nistakeOk, I watched the show and I liked the plot so much, but still, the characters felt Lazy and uninspiring apart from that red-haired girl, especially the main character, oh god I hated that guy. He is like the opposite of everything I want in life, lol. And yeah,  the show felt necessarily slow at many times, to the point where I had to skip forward entire segments. Anyways, thanks for the recommendation.

Vagabond. It's a manga. Set in 1600s, Japan, it's about a guy who wants to get stronger and become 'invincible under the sun'. The whole story is his spiritual journey towards realizing his true nature and finding out what 'true strength' really means.
This manga literally helped increase my baseline.

vagabond_102_17.jpg

5 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

You will love Terra e

https://anilist.co/anime/2158/Terra-e-TV

Features at least one Turquoise character.

I think this might be my favorite anime of all time.

Your description and the story sounds interesting.

What are the top 5 anime in your opinion?

4 minutes ago, zurew said:

Your description and the story sounds interesting.

What are the top 6 anime in your opinion?

Terra e
Hunter x Hunter
Heroic Age
Honzuki no Gekokujou
Ajin
Kingdom

On 5/11/2022 at 3:49 AM, LSD-Rumi said:

I am looking for a show with a good plot and great characters, No Hollywood cringe pls.
What I mean by great characters is any or all of the following:

• Passionate, positive attitude, loving
  • Wise, strong, and can handle things
  • funny, charismatic
  • smart, strategic, philosophical
  • Weird, unique

Some shows I already watched and liked:

• Shameless
  • The OA
  • Counterpart
  • The wolf of wall street
  • Tokyo ghouls

There is an anime I recommend to people who like Anime.....One Outs. Its short...but its good. The first episode is a drag but by the 3rd episode it will hook you. One of the greatest short anime series ever.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86