Kalki Avatar

How worth is studying stoicism?

10 posts in this topic

Stoicism is great for learning how to discipline yourself and live by values regardless of how you feel.

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

Many redpill people say that studying stoicism helped them deal with tough times

For people with spiral dynamic blue shadows, it's great. Teaches you to abide by rules, discipline, integrity. Many people skip over this nowadays, but it is the foundation for a lot of things needed to live a good life. 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

Personally It hasn't helped me and I didn't like the after effects it left. I was personally using Stoicism as an escape, missing out on human connection because I was pretending to be a strong stoic guy, complete bullshit. Don't become someone cold and lifeless. 

I strongly advise against it, there are better fields of study. Integrity for example, strong Integrity will teach you more about Masculinity and discipline than Stoicism ever could. it requires time and introspection though.

Stoicism will make you less sensitive, less emotional. which is... not a good thing...

Edited by MarkKol

I think that's basically the buddhist way of life.  Not bad, not great.

Imho most of the insightful aspects about stoicism are also contained within Buddhism, with the main difference being that Buddhism actually has a practical methodology for training the mind to overcome self-destructive tendencies, something that stoicism lacks.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

1 hour ago, DocWatts said:

Imho most of the insightful aspects about stoicism are also contained within Buddhism, with the main difference being that Buddhism actually has a practical methodology for training the mind to overcome self-destructive tendencies, something that stoicism lacks.

yes. and kriya yoga eliminate 80 % of functions of monkey  mind with a 15 min practice

@Kalki Avatar can u go to a guru.kriya is best learned under a guru.to reach nirvikalpaka samadhi and kaivalya u need a guru.

Which country do u live.

If u cant then go to below link and download file

https://www.kriyayoga.com/

Edited by itachi uchiha