Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RickyFitts

Tarkovsky's 'Stalker' available for free on Youtube

6 posts in this topic

Just putting this out there for fans of arthouse cinema, the full film came up on my Youtube feed just now and thought others might be interested (it's been put out by the company that owns the rights to the film, so it's completely above board). Here's the Youtube description, for those who aren't familiar with the film: 'Based on the novel "Roadside Picnic" by Arkady and Boris Strugatsky. The Zone that arose on Earth for unknown reasons attracts attention with inexplicable phenomena that occur there. A rumor has spread that in the center of the Zone there is something that gives a person everything he wants. But staying in the Zone is deadly, and therefore it is strictly guarded. There, each for their own reasons, the Writer and the Professor go, the Stalker leads them to the mysterious center, feeling and understanding the Zone...'

It's quite a slow-paced, quiet film, and you might find it a struggle if you have a short attention-span, but it's thought-provoking, beautifully shot, and it has a hypnotic quality to it (it could be a good film to watch whilst high xD).

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

Really cool & interesting film. Watched this a couple of years back with a few friends. Will have to rewatch :).

@Asayake Yep, very interesting film! I haven't seen it in a few years myself, I'm going to rewatch it too. :) 

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

My first andrey trakovsky movie!
Great movie

8 hours ago, RickyFitts said:

It's quite a slow-paced, quiet film, and you might find it a struggle if you have a short attention-span

Yup very true, it will make you mediative if you allow it.

@Happy Lizard Think it might have been my first too, funnily enough!

11 hours ago, Happy Lizard said:

Yup very true, it will make you mediative if you allow it.

Absolutely, yes. :) 

@modmyth Ah man yeah, fantastic soundtrack, so atmospheric.

Just FYI, 'Ivan's Childhood''Andrei Rublev', and 'The Mirror' are also available on Youtube, too.