Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GrandeOrso

Peter pan syndrome

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys. I don't understand what's wrong.

I'm a very present person, I enjoy the moment, I'm playful, positive, I'm currently travelling abroad and "following my bliss", I can do any task with zen-like attitude (or karma-yoga style, enjoying the sensations and not overthinking it), etc... 

But besides accepting the present and not struggling against it, going with the flow, I find it HARD to plan and organize my future. I do KNOW that I have to make plans as I don't want to be a volunteer and work for free forever and actually I have some ideas for my career, but just looking for job opportunities on the web is terribly tiring, I feel I don't care and I just want to get back to the present, deal with what's around me, doing my things... 

It's like I'm fucking 70. I'm 26!!! 

And yet I do dream about doing crazy nice things, adventures, a passionate life, meeting lots of people, commitment, work...

I have nothing to work on. Some people are videomakers, some others are singers, programmers, youtubers, whatever the fuck. My special skill is being able to bond with animals quickly, wow.... Right now I'm doing horse work and I do have a great connection with them, yet I can't see myself stuck on a farm or ranch, that's boring. 

So you see, on one hand I want dynamism and adventure (actually top1 value on my list), but the process of looking for it throws me on the ground instead of exciting me, on the other hand I repel the idea of being stuck in one place WHILE I'm actually giving my full attention to the one place I'm at right now ! 

I think I need some serious wake up call as I might just be a spoiled brat that wants everything without effort ?!