thisintegrated

Leo isn't an INTP

66 posts in this topic

Original Title:  How did y'all convince Leo?

I've seen improvements suggested here many times over the years, with everything being ignored every time.  Did someone debate Leo and win?

Edit:  After asking this question, I realized Leo can't be an INTP.  It's not possible.  He's mistyped himself.  I explain in the post below.

Edited by thisintegrated

The suggestions he implemented were initiated by a moderator, so there's that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

I've realized something.

Leo is an INTJ

1. It's easy to assume INTP, with all the introverted thinking he seems to do.  But remember where all his work started, it came from reading a shit-load of books.
  2. Consider his presentation style.  Clear Te.  He's not theorizing, not exploring ideas, but telling you how to practically, in the real world, awaken as God or how to pick up girls, or how to get your ass in the gym.
  3. Ni, though, is the most clear indication of all.  It is impossible for Leo to be a Ne while managing the forum in the most NiTe way imaginable.  Leo didn't see the potential, it wasn't in his awareness as he's not a Ne.  Potential improvements do not interest Leo, what does interest him are consensus/polls.  If enough people say it's a good idea, then it's a good idea.  Ne is proactive in finding potential.  Ni rejects potential until forced to confront the issue by either consensus or an authority figure (e.g. a senior mod) (though consensus is just a type of authority.)
  4. Rejection of all alternate view points.  Again, clear Ni.  I know there's nuance to this, and I understand his logic, but his primary mode of thinking is reductionistic, aka Ni.
  5. Coldness.  Fi with blindspot Fe.  Have you seen the video on humor?  No Fe means having to compensate with an overly methodical/intellectual way of "lightening up the mood".  Fe users do not need exercises to learn to give off a good vibe, yet Leo says it's been a lifelong struggle for him.

I think that's enough points for now.  

As someone will all the functions of an INTP, I can tell he doesn't use INTP functions.  If I was to guess, he simply has well developed Ti, due to being Yellow/Turquoise, and can pass as a Ti user to the untrained eye.  

Edited by thisintegrated

This model appears to be quite divisive. and I think Leo is a very emotional and sensitive person. 

2 minutes ago, ZGROPIUS said:

This model appears to be quite divisive. and I think Leo is a very emotional and sensitive person. 

Yes.  INTJs are sensitive, but it shows up different.

I feel like MBTI lacks nuance. There are almost always things it cannot account for. Of course there are people who perfectly fit the stereotypes and cognitive stacks, but most people fit loosely in one and some cannot be fitted at all. 

I think cognitive functions are a thing, or at least something resembling it, but perfect types probably don’t exist. More realistically if you buy cognitive functions, I believe an ordered list of most skilled/predisposed functions to least, like Big Five f.e, is able to be more useful and maps better onto reality

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

30 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

Yes.  INTJs are sensitive, but it shows up different.

He may also can be referred to as F on occasion. That coldness is foreign to me. Many of their episodes move people from a really unnecessary point & the way they talked about art and films. That is a very immersive experience in qualia.

51 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

Fe users do not need exercises to learn to give off a good vibe

PS: This is not true LOL?!!!

6 hours ago, thisintegrated said:

Did someone debate Leo and win?

Nope, this is why.

7 hours ago, thisintegrated said:

I've seen improvements suggested here many times over the years, with everything being ignored every time. Did someone debate Leo and win?After asking this question, I realized Leo can't be an INTP.

He did something once and now you're questioning his personality? Type theory is so ridiculous.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

44 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

He did something once and now you're questioning his personality? Type theory is so ridiculous.

What's your opinion on this personality intp etc test? I'm an extraverted person according to it, but I think myself to be more introverted. Same for my stepfather.

Edited by Chrisd

1 hour ago, Chrisd said:

What's your opinion on this personality intp etc test? I'm an extraverted person according to it, but I think myself to be more introverted. Same for my stepfather.

I'm a Big 5 guy. People treat MBTI like a fun hobby, like solving crosswords, not like a science.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@thisintegrated So much assuming and projecting.

Yea he is always projecting and assuming. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

3 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

It was just a good example

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@thisintegrated So much assuming and projecting.

You believe Ne fits you better than Ni?  A bold claim.

See, even your response here is an example of Ni.  Ne would at least entertain the idea and be interested in discussing it, regardless of personal beliefs.  Ni completely rejects Ne unless forced to confront it.  Ni's job is to determine the truth, not to explore potentials.  You can't narrow down your focus on "the one", and explore "the many" at the same time, so Ne just makes Ni's job harder.

You've taken all I said, and have reduced it to "you're wrong".  This is not how Ne operates.

Edited by thisintegrated

He's definitely an INTP. the introverted thinking shows through, and the extraverted intuition, aka brainstorming does too. Dude, we're not all INTJ's man, INTJ's are totally mad. You're an ENTP, Leo is INTP, I'm INFJ, Leo is in no way shape or form mad enough to be an INTJ. Those guys/girls are totally insane. They put in 80 hour weeks inventing new stuff for sport. That's why most INTJ's becoming coders, because they just spend time alone, put in 80 hour weeks, and spawn new app inventions all day everyday. And with Fe blindspot they can get really mean too, just like calling people out for no reason. ENTJ/INTJ are the the two meanest types of people according to the online. Leo is definitely not INTJ. 

"Reality is a Love Simulator"-Leo Gura

As far as my Myers-Briggs type goes: I'm very strong Introvert, very strong Intuitive, very strong Thinker, but my P/J are nearly split down the middle. I'm not a super strong P. But I prefer P over J. I don't like planning out my day along some rigid schedule, I like to wing it in P fashion. Js are too square.

With that said, I've done a lot of work on myself to expand my personality outside of itself. I can shift into extroverted and feeling and I will get better at that in the future. So I'm going to be much more robust than a typical INTP.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

As far as my Myers-Briggs type goes: I'm very strong Introvert, very strong Intuitive, very strong Thinker, but my P/J are nearly split down the middle. I'm not a super strong P. But I prefer P over J. I don't like planning out my day along some rigid schedule, I like to wing it in P fashion. Js are too square.

With that said, I've done a lot of work on myself to expand my personality outside of itself. I can shift into extroverted and feeling and I will get better at that in the future. So I'm going to be much more robust than a typical INTP.

I appreciate you giving a proper response?

But this just confirms my suspicions.  Typing using the 4 letter system is unreliable (though it often works "ok" for the first 3 letters).  Understanding functions is mandatory for confirming a type.  As it seems you've not studied the functions thoroughly, the probability of a mistype now seems even higher.

Who's more "judging", an ISFJ or an ISFP?  Most would guess ISFJ, but actually ISFP is the Fi dom, and ISFJ is the Si dom.  Fi is the most judging function of all, yet it belongs to the xxxP.  Yes, it's counter-intuitive, and that's because the 4 letter typing system is flawed.  That's why you have Socionics, which fixes many of the issues with MBTI.  If you don't want to jump into Socionics then you have to rely more heavily on the functions of MBTI, using the 4 letter system only as a starting point for typing someone.

If you're curious about Socionics, look up "INTp socionics" and "INTj socionics".

But learning the functions is key.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

MBTI is about your cognitive preferences, or whatever cognitive patterns you default to.  E.g. someone might default to thinking before feeling, and someone else might default to the opposite.

Whether you're E or I is not determined by your social habits, but by your leading function.  All introverts have an extroverted function as their second.  For an INTJ, logic is primarily extroverted, but any use of introverted logic will be very strict, critical, and harsh, whether it comes from the INTJ themselves or from others.  This is because Ti is in an INTJ's "critical parent" slot.

Edited by thisintegrated

Leo is sooooooo INTP...

Don't be silly.

Go watch the "what is paradox" video.

Pure INTP gold.

INTJ's are more focused on efficiency and mastering one domain of life.

INTP's are more interested in experimentation for the sake of Truth.

Even the way Leo tests all these psychedlic substances is literally the purest INTP.

Anyways...

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<