Mvpjouney

Reincarnation Question

11 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I have been questioning something specific in the case of reincarnation for some time now, albeit perhaps to think this far ahead is imagination already and therefore not true. If I suppose what is true is this bubble of consciousness, which is in debate in itself I suppose, and in turn this bubble being god can dream whatever it likes in an unlimited fashion (Kind of referring in reference to @Leo Gura's latest video on consciousness and my understanding of it). I get a sense that content of some form constantly plays out, perhaps not as a person, or even with the same senses that currently exist in this experience, but a happening happens infinitely. It then seems reasonable that I will experience other peoples lives at some point, would you tend to agree with this? I've heard @Leo Gura reference this before in some of his videos (And saying that we would experience his life at some point), but that was a few years back I believe, so his perspective may have changed.

Interested to hear some alternate perspectives on perhaps what I'm not considering (Or if you agree) for me to continue questioning this topic within myself.

In relative level it's real and in absolute level there is only this present moment. There must always happen something no matter what it is, because non-experience is impossible, because it would need to be experienced in order to be real and that proves it wrong already. You should question how you can be more present, happy and relaxed, because these are things that matter.

-joNi-

Who told you that "others" are real?

5 hours ago, Mvpjouney said:

we would experience his life at some point

The Egg

By: Andy Weir

You were on your way home when you died.

It was a car accident. Nothing particularly remarkable, but fatal nonetheless. You left behind a wife and two children. It was a painless death. The EMTs tried their best to save you, but to no avail. Your body was so utterly shattered you were better off, trust me.

And that’s when you met me.

“What… what happened?” You asked. “Where am I?”

“You died,” I said, matter-of-factly. No point in mincing words.

“There was a… a truck and it was skidding…”

“Yup,” I said.

“I… I died?”

“Yup. But don’t feel bad about it. Everyone dies,” I said.

You looked around. There was nothingness. Just you and me. “What is this place?” You asked. “Is this the afterlife?”

“More or less,” I said.

“Are you god?” You asked.

“Yup,” I replied. “I’m God.”

“My kids… my wife,” you said.

“What about them?”

“Will they be all right?”

“That’s what I like to see,” I said. “You just died and your main concern is for your family. That’s good stuff right there.”

You looked at me with fascination. To you, I didn’t look like God. I just looked like some man. Or possibly a woman. Some vague authority figure, maybe. More of a grammar school teacher than the almighty.

“Don’t worry,” I said. “They’ll be fine. Your kids will remember you as perfect in every way. They didn’t have time to grow contempt for you. Your wife will cry on the outside, but will be secretly relieved. To be fair, your marriage was falling apart. If it’s any consolation, she’ll feel very guilty for feeling relieved.”

“Oh,” you said. “So what happens now? Do I go to heaven or hell or something?”

“Neither,” I said. “You’ll be reincarnated.”

“Ah,” you said. “So the Hindus were right,”

“All religions are right in their own way,” I said. “Walk with me.”

You followed along as we strode through the void. “Where are we going?”

“Nowhere in particular,” I said. “It’s just nice to walk while we talk.”

“So what’s the point, then?” You asked. “When I get reborn, I’ll just be a blank slate, right? A baby. So all my experiences and everything I did in this life won’t matter.”

“Not so!” I said. “You have within you all the knowledge and experiences of all your past lives. You just don’t remember them right now.”

I stopped walking and took you by the shoulders. “Your soul is more magnificent, beautiful, and gigantic than you can possibly imagine. A human mind can only contain a tiny fraction of what you are. It’s like sticking your finger in a glass of water to see if it’s hot or cold. You put a tiny part of yourself into the vessel, and when you bring it back out, you’ve gained all the experiences it had.

“You’ve been in a human for the last 48 years, so you haven’t stretched out yet and felt the rest of your immense consciousness. If we hung out here for long enough, you’d start remembering everything. But there’s no point to doing that between each life.”

“How many times have I been reincarnated, then?”

“Oh lots. Lots and lots. An in to lots of different lives.” I said. “This time around, you’ll be a Chinese peasant girl in 540 AD.”

“Wait, what?” You stammered. “You’re sending me back in time?”

“Well, I guess technically. Time, as you know it, only exists in your universe. Things are different where I come from.”

“Where you come from?” You said.

“Oh sure,” I explained “I come from somewhere. Somewhere else. And there are others like me. I know you’ll want to know what it’s like there, but honestly you wouldn’t understand.”

“Oh,” you said, a little let down. “But wait. If I get reincarnated to other places in time, I could have interacted with myself at some point.”

“Sure. Happens all the time. And with both lives only aware of their own lifespan you don’t even know it’s happening.”

“So what’s the point of it all?”

“Seriously?” I asked. “Seriously? You’re asking me for the meaning of life? Isn’t that a little stereotypical?”

“Well it’s a reasonable question,” you persisted.

I looked you in the eye. “The meaning of life, the reason I made this whole universe, is for you to mature.”

“You mean mankind? You want us to mature?”

“No, just you. I made this whole universe for you. With each new life you grow and mature and become a larger and greater intellect.”

“Just me? What about everyone else?”

“There is no one else,” I said. “In this universe, there’s just you and me.”

You stared blankly at me. “But all the people on earth…”

“All you. Different incarnations of you.”

“Wait. I’m everyone!?”

“Now you’re getting it,” I said, with a congratulatory slap on the back.

“I’m every human being who ever lived?”

“Or who will ever live, yes.”

“I’m Abraham Lincoln?”

“And you’re John Wilkes Booth, too,” I added.

“I’m Hitler?” You said, appalled.

“And you’re the millions he killed.”

“I’m Jesus?”

“And you’re everyone who followed him.”

You fell silent.

“Every time you victimized someone,” I said, “you were victimizing yourself. Every act of kindness you’ve done, you’ve done to yourself. Every happy and sad moment ever experienced by any human was, or will be, experienced by you.”

You thought for a long time.

“Why?” You asked me. “Why do all this?”

“Because someday, you will become like me. Because that’s what you are. You’re one of my kind. You’re my child.”

“Whoa,” you said, incredulous. “You mean I’m a god?”

“No. Not yet. You’re a fetus. You’re still growing. Once you’ve lived every human life throughout all time, you will have grown enough to be born.”

“So the whole universe,” you said, “it’s just…”

“An egg.” I answered. “Now it’s time for you to move on to your next life.”

And I sent you on your way.

5 hours ago, Kksd74628 said:

In relative level it's real and in absolute level there is only this present moment. There must always happen something no matter what it is, because non-experience is impossible, because it would need to be experienced in order to be real and that proves it wrong already. You should question how you can be more present, happy and relaxed, because these are things that matter.

-joNi-

Thanks Joni - I suppose from the bubbles perspective - "ME" looking from that perspective doesn't know what's coming next beyond the present moment so perhaps that's kind of what you mean when you suggest contemplating how "i" (lower case) can be more happy in the relative sense?

19 minutes ago, Arcangelo said:

The Egg

By: Andy Weir

This is somewhat satisfying, anything beyond what's happening now is imagination I guess from the absolute perspective, but it certainly feels like this resonates slightly more - perhaps it's because my ego is so hungry to get a concrete answer on such things when one isn't available to the "Tiny part of my whole" that has been dipped into this experience..

@Mvpjouney

It's like asking what happens tomorrow. I can't answer for that, but I can guarantee that there is always tomorrow in relative sense. The point of spirituality is still to ground yourself being in present moment as much as you can so you should naturally exhaust your desire to ask these questions. They just don't matter. What comes to question of self I would say that all identification to anything is just clinging to be.

12 hours ago, Kksd74628 said:

@Mvpjouney

It's like asking what happens tomorrow. I can't answer for that, but I can guarantee that there is always tomorrow in relative sense. The point of spirituality is still to ground yourself being in present moment as much as you can so you should naturally exhaust your desire to ask these questions. They just don't matter. What comes to question of self I would say that all identification to anything is just clinging to be.

That really resonates, thanks so much for explaining that further. That last sentence really hit. Thank you

23 hours ago, Mvpjouney said:

Hi All,

I have been questioning something specific in the case of reincarnation for some time now, albeit perhaps to think this far ahead is imagination already and therefore not true. If I suppose what is true is this bubble of consciousness, which is in debate in itself I suppose, and in turn this bubble being god can dream whatever it likes in an unlimited fashion (Kind of referring in reference to @Leo Gura's latest video on consciousness and my understanding of it). I get a sense that content of some form constantly plays out, perhaps not as a person, or even with the same senses that currently exist in this experience, but a happening happens infinitely. It then seems reasonable that I will experience other peoples lives at some point, would you tend to agree with this? I've heard @Leo Gura reference this before in some of his videos (And saying that we would experience his life at some point), but that was a few years back I believe, so his perspective may have changed.

Interested to hear some alternate perspectives on perhaps what I'm not considering (Or if you agree) for me to continue questioning this topic within myself.

It's infinity there is only what state of consciousness you are in right now.  However as Infinity if is OK to deduce that you will experience every possibility.  That includes all points of views.  You will explore yourself from every possible angle and this will go on forever  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

8 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

It's infinity there is only what state of consciousness you are in right now.  However as Infinity if is OK to deduce that you will experience every possibility.  That includes all points of views.  You will explore yourself from every possible angle and this will go on forever  

Thanks for the response @Inliytened1. It feels like you are saying that it's reasonable to assume that I will experience every possibility, but ultimately from the absolute perspective "this" What is happening now, is all that is true right now and all I can confirm as 100% true. (Similar to what KKsd said).

I feel like I just have to get more used to holding what "is" and also holding what is reasonable to deduce and understanding that's what my ego wants to hold on to in this moment to give it some comfort. Essentially holding two perspectives on the same topic really. Would you agree with that?

@Mvpjouney

I left something unspoken, but if you really think about my words you would see something way beyond. Because non-existence is impossible that says that there needs to be experience all the times. That kind of proves that there must be incarnation after this dream stops and the new begins. While you are reading these words you may realize that it means that either in the "past" or "future" you are the Kksd74628. At the same time no one is conscious, but you, because I am you. And I can be at one place at the time and actually I am reading these words from your screen as you do, because these words are your own message to yourself.

-joNi-

On 9/5/2022 at 10:29 PM, Mvpjouney said:

It then seems reasonable that I will experience other peoples lives at some point

On 9/5/2022 at 22:29, Mvpjouney said:

Do you remember any of your other lives maybe? everything that can happen is happening right now. all lives and universes. the void recognizes itself and bursts into love, now, that is, always, and everything that can be, is. The enormity of this go much beyond of any imagination. what happens is that "you" are only a point of view. When you die, you will disappear and that's it. and the infinite points of view will continue to sprout infinitely. They are already doing it, they already did it, they will do it. There's no difference. you are the void, the source, god. And the you who is asking and the me who is answering are nothing, just a thought

Infinity is a bigger concept than thought can grasp.

Infinity constantly evolves towards new worlds, new experiences, and new consciousness.
Reaching planes of reality that we can't even possibly imagine, right now.
Consciousness will continue to evolve towards varying realities.
Any repetition that would happen only appears as a repetition. But, no true repetition can ever take place.