Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GreenWoods

How to make the Seperate Self Immortal (Guide)

24 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, GreenWoods said:

When there are appearances of a seperate self and when it feels completely realistic and real that there actually is a real seperate self then that is practically true. Imagination is reality.

There really is no practical difference between this scenario of a perfect 'illusion' of a seperate self, vs an actual objectively real seperate self.

Relative to the perspective of this apparent seperate self, this seperate self is completely real, as real as real gets. So relative to that perspective it is true that the seperate self exists. 

Relative to a higher state of consciousness this apparent seperate self is an illusion. 

But from the perspective of the seperate self, this truth (of it being and illusion relative to a high state of consciousness) has no value or significance, because relative to the seperate self, the seperate self is completely real.

It is a bias to prefer what is true relative to a low state of consciousness. 

But it is also a bias to prefer what is true relative to a high state of consciousness. 

You can't escape bias. 

So practically speaking, it doesn't matter whether a decision is a bias or not. It only matters whether that decision brings you happiness and wellbeing or not.

And that is of course relative. 

For some the bias towards what is true relative to a high state of consciousness brings satisfaction.

For others the bias towards what is true relative to a low state of consciousness brings satisfaction. 

No choice is inherently more true or better.

(But it can be argued that the second choice brings overall more wellbeing.

Because that second choice is essentially the bias towards only "the good", that which brings wellbeing.

Whereas the first choice is the bias towards no bias, which means accepting both that which brings wellbeing and that which brings no wellbeing.)

Well that's why it's called awakening.

And it's not an appearance, its an illusory experience stemming from an assumed identity as the body-mind organism.

There isn't a relative self nor an absolute self....they are the same illusion but only seem to be different. 

There is nothing & no one behind the body-mind's eyes or anywhere else for that matter.

And that can be a shocking & even terrifying revelation at first.

(It's "to die before you die") only nothing really dies because it wasn't alive from the start.

Its complete freedom but for nobody!

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

the word nothing is misleading

it means nothing the mind can ever perceive or even conceive ... mind be blind, finite ignorant of infinite

still plenty there and here for that matter

4 hours ago, gettoefl said:

it means nothing the mind can ever perceive or even conceive ... mind be blind, finite ignorant of infinite

Exactly!

Mind cannot grasp nothing because there's obviously nothing for it to grasp a hold of..... it has to turn the meaning of the word nothing into a conceptual something for it to be grasped.

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

I was writing about being unbiased vs biased. And that from a human pov, it is better to be biased, because in that way it is more likely to experience the good. Because when you are unbiased you allow both bad and good.

I wrote this for living life in general. 

This doesn't at all mean that striving to make the seperate self Immortal is necessary for a good post death experience. 

The process of making the seperate self Immortal as described in that first post can be done to increase goodness after physical death. 

But I don't think it's the only way. It's just one way.

For example, some new age people say that the post death experience depends on your vibration and intent. That you can go to great realms with your intent alone.

I think that could easily be true.

That you don't have perfect lucidity and that the seperate self starts dissolving, could possibly be a feature of this realm we are currently in. But if you go to a different realm after physical death, then rules can be different there. That means there it might be very easy to keep lucidity and maintain the seperate self, even if you did no preparatory work during physical life. 

Just by having a strong intent and wanting to get to such a great realm might be enough to get there.

I think that is a very real possibility. 

Maybe not a certainty. But neither is the philosophy of my first post.

Both are theories.

Edited by GreenWoods