assx95

I already know what I want to do. Is life purpose course for me?

9 posts in this topic

I already know i want to work in finance. Will the life purpose course add value to my life? 

I would say Leo's LP course is most beneficial if you lack motivation. It can help you get more specific about what you want, but for me motivation is the biggest effect that I have found so far.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

Yes.

Remember that while you may know what you want, honing is a neverending process. You can always hone in on everything you value in life.

The perspectives you will gain will increase your Requisite Variety and expand your band of possibilities.

@assx95  Out of curiosity. Why do you want to do finance? What career do you envision /what fields (if you know already)

Yes, it will greatly help you improve the clarity of your already existing vision 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

On 5/12/2022 at 8:29 PM, Philipp said:

@assx95  Out of curiosity. Why do you want to do finance? What career do you envision /what fields (if you know already)

I am currently working as a research analyst in a financial services company. I want to be a full time day trader. 

@assx95 oh interesting. that' actually an option ("investment research/analysis") I am considering. Would you mind telling me more, about what you are doing, how you  would describe this kind of work. 

On 5/17/2022 at 6:18 PM, Philipp said:

@assx95 oh interesting. that' actually an option ("investment research/analysis") I am considering. Would you mind telling me more, about what you are doing, how you  would describe this kind of work. 

Currently, I will be just preparing daily reports about market movements. Our clients are investment banks who have high net worth individuals as their clients, who want key information on the markets on their fingertips before the stock market in their country opens. So we provide them that. 

I want to be working and learning about portfolio management before i jump into becoming a full time trader. And investment research is much different than being an investment banker. So, don't get that mixed up. I have just started in this field. 1 month in, and I'll be at the very complex end of my job, be preparing financial models to evaluate investment risk. Right now, it's just making reports. 

On 5/16/2022 at 1:07 AM, assx95 said:

I am currently working as a research analyst in a financial services company. I want to be a full time day trader. 

May not be for you

It's more for finding your passion and way you want to contribute to the world

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"